Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Penalties in conclave

Dreamforger

Hey just got into Warframe again (rebooted on pc from ps4).

I gave Conclave a try, and actually enjoy it, but I feel that it is frustrating that people just leave when it goes south. So I would like a penalty system for this, just to refrain people from leavinglike nothing.

Also give it a try, it is actually fun.

Also the reward could be abit better and better crossover for pve aswell.

Hope DE will focus abit more on this gamemode :)

personally i liked the quick steel event that they did. same weapons, same health, no mods, all skill. i would probably play conclave if this was a permanent addition. different combo for the nikana though that was awkwrad.

Please, no. The mode is dead enough already, theres no reason to increase people's reasons for staying away from it. Theres no reason to be penalized for backing out of a NON competitive match. Save deserter penalties for (if) competitive conclave is ever a thing. 

48 minutes ago, Heckzu said:

There is a penalty. People who repetitively leave matches before they end receive less rewards and standing when they complete a match.

They should lose the ability to go into another conclave mission for a while.

Well yea... Conclave has gone south to me... It's not even a matter of aiming anymore. It's just a matter of understanding the ballerina moves, lag's little and constant teleportations and what's good. Clearly Polearms and Staves are good, for example, as the slam attack is fast enough to make a "fail" less punishable (most of the times the slams become nullified for some ungodly reasons. It doesn't matter how actually center your attack with whatever melee you're using was, it just won't do the full damage or the knockdown. "but deeh there's" I know what Anticipation is).

4 hours ago, Echorion said:

They should lose the ability to go into another conclave mission for a while.

The idea is not force people out of Conclave, is giving a reason NOT to leave earlier.

5 hours ago, Nighttide77 said:

Would be nice if the mode would get more love and be an alternative to PvE for progression.

I like this. In fact I think Conclave, in terms of progression, should get:

+It's own Syndicate weapons and a Conclave Warframe via Quest (could be a PvE/PvP Hybrid quest)

+Make the mods usable everywhere. Stances, Warframe and Gun Augments, General Mods

+Add resource packs to Conclave Mistral Rewards, like 500/250/5 Common/Uncommon/Rare rewards.

+Add a Riven mod to Conclave Weekly Mission for players who have completed TWW.

+Add Teshin's Specters as a consumable obtained trough standing.

27 minutes ago, Nazrethim said:

The idea is not force people out of Conclave, is giving a reason NOT to leave earlier.

I feel that sentence is missing a few words, sorry I don't entirely follow.

That being said I don't care enough about conclave to argue for it in any way; but I will say that it's still one of the primary tried and tested methods many games have used because it's been shown to work. Some better systems like what Dota has are impossible to implement because the conclave player base is so low, and just penalizing rewards isn't too much of a big deal because most people don't care about any of them- they are mostly just doing it for something to do. 

That being said I personally like some of your suggestions. Problem is though the majority of players don't respond well to stuff like that being in conclave in it's current state. Even when it's just a trophy decoration for doing conclave a lot of people got suuuuper upset that they had to play conclave to get it- If you put rivens or such in there I think some would go ballistic. 

People lost their S#&$ when they put a riven at the end of octavia's quest for people that bought the frame- so that they could still get a reward for going through the effort of doing all the missions also. If you put a riven in conclave I imagine the backlash would be exponential.

Edited by Echorion

10 hours ago, armedpoop said:

Please, no. The mode is dead enough already, theres no reason to increase people's reasons for staying away from it. Theres no reason to be penalized for backing out of a NON competitive match. Save deserter penalties for (if) competitive conclave is ever a thing. 

Actually my thought aswell when queue up with a friend, but when seen how ppl just left the game beforemit even started,or if they died, we was like "This should be fixed somehow".

But I see the dilemma..

10 hours ago, Echorion said:

That being said I personally like some of your suggestions. Problem is though the majority of players don't respond well to stuff like that being in conclave in it's current state. Even when it's just a trophy decoration for doing conclave a lot of people got suuuuper upset that they had to play conclave to get it- If you put rivens or such in there I think some would go ballistic. 

People lost their S#&$ when they put a riven at the end of octavia's quest for people that bought the frame- so that they could still get a reward for going through the effort of doing all the missions also. If you put a riven in conclave I imagine the backlash would be exponential.

On the other hand, they don't really have a legit reason to complain (much like the Octavia¡s Anthem situation):

-it's a fair challenge

-it would be once a week thing, compared to the potential 7 rivens a week from sorties (though the average is indeed a riven per month for most players, but that has nothing to do with Conclave)

+A Conclave weapon can have two paths: be an untradable blueprint with platinum option on the market (like Simulor) or be a tradable weapon obtained only trough standing (like the six synds).

My point is that there would be a big backlash initially... and then it will die out just like the one of Octavia's Anthem did. I mean, we had the Lunaro Update, which was entirely around PvP, and the backlash lasted only for a week or so.

• 2 weeks later...