Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What to do?

KX297

Question

Yo, do you guys have any recommendations on what to do? 

Cause I think i'm about done...

DE is adding, like, one new quest each large patch. 
It takes me like an hour to finish them, and past that there doesn't seem to be any interesting content. 

I've gotten all of the weapons and frames I want and forma'd them all multiple times...
I've gotten the arcanes I want...
Sorties no longer provide rewards I need...
My clan has finished all research...
There's no incentive to level mastery rank...

Any ideas?

I don't really want to take a break because, well, I feel that if I do I won't come back.
I'd probably end up uninstalling like other games I take breaks from.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)bananamuffin-352 said:

New primes are releasing in like half a day so that's something you can get I suppose. Maybe sell a few sets for some easy plat

But... I mean, what do you do with it?

It's Oberon Prime. I have my six forma Oberon that I've used for ages.
I hate the way the prime looks, so I would just throw my deluxe skin on it. 
His bonuses don't really warrant farming and building him, followed by more forma'ing. 

Basically, why would I do it? It really isn't new content...
It's a ever-so-slightly better Oberon that I would level to thirty on the same maps I leveled my original Oberon and every other frame on.

And I have, like, a couple hundred plat that I've already made though deals.

I'm looking for something interesting to do... not just leveling another Power Creep Prime weapon/Oberon...

2 minutes ago, tarfeef101 said:

Rivens

And do what with them?

Grind endlessly boring Kuva missions on tile-sets we've played a billion and a half times?
So that I can go into even more RNG?
To get Rivens for weapons I most likely don't even use?
And on the assumption that I do get a Riven for a weapon I would use, what would I do with it? Go to level 350+ instead of 300+? 

Honestly, I had hopes for the Riven system, but it really flopped for me. Just more grind and still no real content addition.  

I want something to actually do. I'm not against grinding, but I want it to actually go towards something meaningful. Not a overkill-RNG-infused-mod that makes already easy content easier. 

23 minutes ago, KX297 said:

I've gotten all of the weapons and frames I want

There's no incentive to level mastery rank...

Sounds like you need to level mastery rank. Point of the game is pretty much to collect everything, not everything*that I want. 

Also Conclave, Archwing, raids, future proof your syndicates/relic collection.

12 minutes ago, Xionyde134 said:

Sounds like you need to level mastery rank. Point of the game is pretty much to collect everything, not everything*that I want. 

Also Conclave, Archwing, raids, future proof your syndicates/relic collection.

Why level mastery rank? I'm already a high enough mastery rank to get all items.
And why collect all items? I wouldn't really say that would be the point of the game, especially when so many are literally useless in comparison (cough machete cough)
And why would I collect things past what I want? I want to have fun, so I should use the items I enjoy. Not mindlessly grind levels on items I hate, right? That would just make me want to play the game less. 

Conclave is one of the few things I actually avoid. PVP has never been my thing, and this games is notably rough around the edges. I picked this game up to play the PVE. 

I have played Archwing, but there also isn't really anything to do there either. Just more leveling items in pointless content so that I can make broken items that I'll have nothing to do with. And, as it stands, I still really dislike Archwing when compared to the rest of the game. I'm part of the community that still wants DE to do more work on Archwing. Like, extensive work.

And Raids? Why?
They aren't challenging, and I already have the arcanes I want/need. I get basically nothing from doing them. 

And I pretty much have given up on "future-proofing" my relics and syndicates since;
1) I don't care all that much for primes since they really aren't anything super amazing. Just upgraded versions of most likely already leveled or overlooked items. I don't really get anything out of "future-proofing" my relics. Just more farming to basically get nothing. (And I've already gotten the primes that interested me enough to farm for them). 
2) Syndicate reputation is insanely easy to farm and DE seem to be against adding any thing interesting to put it towards. It's like they forgot syndicates exist. Sure they add quests that are sort of tied to a syndicate, but again, that takes me like and hour to finish. And the mods? Ya they add some every now and then, but meh. They either aren't worth using or have nothing you can really apply them to. 

Lol you ask what to do yet you actively shoot down every suggestion given. If you have nothing else to do, and you don't want to do anything else, then play another game. Nothing's going to come out of you playing a game you don't enjoy. 

And can I ask you a question? How do you know you won't enjoy a weapon if you've never used said weapon? You say you play the game to have fun, yet if you have to ask what to do, then it doesn't sound like you're actually having fun, it just sounds like you're bored.

Edited by Xionyde134

22 minutes ago, ZenshadowOfZramx said:

Have fun!

There is such a diversity of weapons and Warframes in Warframe. Try a fun loadout in missions! Playing with friends is also fun, and I find that helping newer players to the game is fun too.

But what should I DO to have fun? That's basically what I'm asking. Cause I've done the obvious stuff and run out of ideas on my own. 

My friends... well they kind of have stopped playing as much as well. Mostly the same reasons as me...

And I like running fun load-outs, but what is there to use them on? Missions that don't provide me any rewards to give incentive to continue?

I actually did try helping new players, and that was fun for awhile. Just sitting in recruiting and helping people that ask... 
But then I got bored of that as well. I mean, I was helping them with things that I've already done a billion times. And I had no challenge in helping them... nothing to keep me interested. 

Build a new clan and start everything from scratch.

Create another account and see what it is to be a newb in today's warframe.

Rebuild very old weapons and try them again.

Thats about all the ideas I got now :/

Edited by Stoner74

There comes a point in any game when you have achieved all the things you find fun in it. It doesn't matter which game, whether it's the first Zelda game back on the NES, WoW, or Warframe.

It sounds like you're done. And there is no shame in that, nothing wrong with having exhausted the fun you can derive from one game. It just means that it is time to move on, to find something else to take up your time. If we never moved on to newer and better things, the pinnacle of entertainment would still be beating two rocks together because it makes a loud sound.

Take a break from the game. Saying that it isn't fun to the suggestions won't change the fact that there is little to do once you're at the point where you feel that you've done pretty much everything. Just shooting down suggestions, because you've already done them should've been a sign that you need time off.

I've been playing Overwatch again and I'm having fun with it now while I log in every so often and see if I feel like doing something.

2 minutes ago, Xionyde134 said:

Lol you ask what to do yet you actively shoot down every suggestion given. If you have nothing else to do, and you don't want to do anything else, then play another game. Nothing's going to come out of you playing a game you don't enjoy. 

And can I ask you a question? How do you know you won't enjoy a weapon if you've never used said weapon? You say you play the game to have fun, yet if you have to ask what to do, then it doesn't sound like you're actually having fun, it just sounds like you're bored.

Maybe you're right. 

I guess I'll just leave Warframe.

The more suggestions I get, the less I actually want to play. 
I suppose it was bound to happen eventually. I almost always play a game till I burn out. Guess this one's time has come. (Though, I did manage to get 1200+ hours across my accounts, so I guess I had a good run). 

And It's not hard to know if I'd enjoy an item. I put active effort into learning about in game content prior to building/achieving it, usually through third party sources. 
Always have, always will. Don't really like to waste time. Efficiency has and always will be a big point with me. No point in building something if I don't have to and know from prior knowledge that I won't enjoy it.
A good example would be the Cuastacyst (I think that's how it's spelled? The infested scythe). I dislike the way the gimmick works, mostly cause I hate charge attacks, and having used my Hate prior to the Cuastacyst's release, I know I'm not a fan of the stances or their combos.
I can easily conclude I wouldn't like the Cuastacyst enough to really use since I have other melee weapons that do what is does statistically and that I actually enjoy the stances of. Don't get me wrong, I have built items off a whim, and some I like. But for the most part, they were foddered and sold. And since the vast majority it of the weapons that I currently haven't toyed with are the "basic-no-gimmick-items," I can say I probably wouldn't enjoy them since they do nothing interesting. Like the Dera. Don't need to build it to know what it does and to know I won't enjoy it. 

(Youtube and the Wiki may or may not have been a great "bringer of doom" to my enjoyment of this game lol. Though, now that I think about it, had I built those many items, I probably would have quit sooner. Mostly from the sheer realization that so many items in the game are pointless). 

(Also, one can't really say I only build the good items from my previous statements (since I imagine that would be the follow up argument). My most used melee for the longest time, and possibly still my most used, was/is the Sheev. Good old Sheev. I do have my sentimental "bad" weapons). 

5 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

Dude, all you've done is respond negatively to every suggestion. Just quit. If you aren't having fun, quit for awhile.

Ya, I think i'm done. Warframe really doesn't have much for me anymore. All of the suggestions I have already done or simply have literally no interest in doing. 

14 minutes ago, Stoner74 said:

Build a new clan and start everything from scratch.

Create another account and see what it is to be a newb in today's warframe.

Rebuild very old weapons and try them again.

Thats about all the ideas I got now :/

RIP, done these already. Thanks though.

I think I'm going to do what others have said and move on.

8 minutes ago, SurrealEdge said:

Take a break from the game. Saying that it isn't fun to the suggestions won't change the fact that there is little to do once you're at the point where you feel that you've done pretty much everything. Just shooting down suggestions, because you've already done them should've been a sign that you need time off.

I've been playing Overwatch again and I'm having fun with it now while I log in every so often and see if I feel like doing something.

I have actually been playing Overwatch lately.

And I don't think I'll come back. I've already taken a very long break once, and the only reason I came back was because a little over a year had passed and a close friend picked it up to try. 

Unfortunately, he has moved on. I don't see DE ever adding something big enough to bring me back. Maybe a focus rework? Whenever that might happen... but by that point I may have already uninstalled and completely lost interest. Lets hope not...

Whelp, thanks for the suggestions guys.

Unfotunatly, I think it's time for me to throw the towel in. 

I think I've run through everything this game really has for me. Most of these suggestions I've already given a try or simply have no interest in. 

Maybe I'll come back sometime in the future. I hope so.

I have a lot of good memories in this game. 1200+ hours worth, would hate to never come back. 

Here's to hoping that DE will add something for me to return to. 

~KX297 - off to other games~

Edited by KX297

get all the things. simple. if you dont know what to do just collect everything. every weapon, every frame, every stance mod, every augment. etc. 

also. welcome to the end game player life. its best you choose another game to play when warframe is out of content for a while. its something most of us do.

guess this OP farmed negativity prime.

i found a thing what i can do and that is helping new players who just started and show them the basics. in other words being a teacher.

Edited by jopos15

I stopped playing Warframe for about a year.. or was it 6 months.. something like that.. started it up again and there is all this new content and redesign.. so I would suggest trying another game for a while, then come back later.

I still go back to old PS2 and PS3 games even though they have no new content..

Stop playing and uninstall. From the sounds of it you liked the mid game content but dislike endgame content which is perfectly fine, their are tons of people I know who don't like to endlessly open relics or forma and forma and forma. 

I personally was at the point you were at but decided I would use the little knowledge I've gained to help new players and by doing that I found my love of playing warframe trade chat but I also love helping new players get their foot in the door. 

Don't let this game hold you back if you feel their is nothing to do maybe their is nothing here for you.