The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does DE actually read these posts?

FLEXXIMUS

9 minutes ago, tnccs215 said:

C'mon Noa. 

Yeah, that is true, but you've been here even longer than I and know very well they don't comment as often - or as clearly - as they used to. 

I made an edit.

In short, their consistent commenting only served to produce chaos and derailements with fantennoing and demands for recognition, and that was before the forum accounts hit 1 million.

Something does need to change, the forums is pretty aimless in the past year, but requiring DE to commit hours a day commenting "I saw this!" Is pointless and in no way productive.

Edited by MagPrime

Once upon a time, it was fully possible to communicate with the Developers in a semi-casual manner. Then, our population boomed to the point that they became specs of sand in a massive tsunami of voices. Now, the communicative times are over. There are to many voices, to many opinions, and not enough time to speak to them all. Unless one's voice gathers a large group of followers who voice the same ideas, it is but an echo in the endless tide of screams, idiocy, and sanity that engulf the forums sir/mam. It is not Digital's fault that they no longer speak to us on a personal level, it is ours.

You want proof, start watching the Dev Streams. In the latest Dev Stream they explicitly state that they changed Harrow's powers due to feedback on the forums after they showed him off in the previous Dev Stream.

Just because they don't fulfill your every whim and don't have the manpower to respond to every post doesn't mean they don't read the forums.

Edited by Ceryk

Just because people provide feedback doesn't mean they deserve or should expect a response from DE. This doesn't mean they don't take our suggestions into consideration, but it's in their best interests to not respond to every little thing. It's best to just say your piece and move on. And don't be discouraged if it doesn't get addressed.

Yes? 

They can't be everywhere at once, man. Remember they have to look at everything everyone posts, every day, all day. It wouldn't do to comment on everything. And even if they tried, what would they say? It would just dissolve into a "notice my thred plz Senpai" fantastic that won't get anything productive done. 

On 2017-5-30 at 2:10 PM, FLEXXIMUS said:

Exactly dude....how many of you that have been here WAAAAAAY longer than me have read really really cool ideas and seen nothing from the devs to suggest they are aware of this stuff?

One of the reasons that i quit Warframe being a player that played for almost four years.

I saw tons of wonderfull ideas last year on fórum and DE? Nothing from they so i not know why people waste their time giving feedbacks to DE if DE will make the game whatever they see that fit the most and might give more money to they?

That´s what makes me feel sad...

On 5/30/2017 at 7:08 PM, FLEXXIMUS said:

I reckon the ONLY bit they might pay attention to are the bugs and stuff that get reported....THATS IT.

Why would they pay attention to bugs? They don't have any intention to correct them.

Seriously... Play on Uranus or do some MR tests, you'll have an good representation of an untested (and undebugged) game...

On 5/30/2017 at 8:28 PM, Pavelord said:

A common error posters make, is oversee that they are making, generalizations, snide remarks or any other form to imply sort of incabability or incompetence of DE part, and since they are not "actual" insults they think they are not doing anything, but that is what we call passive agressive. If you read the forum guidelines, there forums are to made so respectful and tought provoking themes that invite constructive discussions.

Like when I say they don't correct the bugs. It's passive-aggressive.

Except... It's true. Play on Uranus, count the number of bugs you encounters. Compare with any other game. Play a few MR test, count the number of bugs you encounter, compare with any other game. etc.

So what? We shouldn't criticize DE? We should formulate criticisms in a way that invite constructive discussion? "Let's discuss about the upsides of when you lose a mobile defense mission because the datamass clips through the floor".

No. Some part of the game shouldn't have been released in that state, this is a cold fact. The game has been in this state for years and DE let it be, so they don't care. The end. There's nothing to discuss here, just a fact to state.

4 minutes ago, mplokijuhygtfrdeszqa said:

Like when I say they don't correct the bugs. It's passive-aggressive.

Except... It's true. Play on Uranus, count the number of bugs you encounters. Compare with any other game. Play a few MR test, count the number of bugs you encounter, compare with any other game. etc.

So what? We shouldn't criticize DE? We should formulate criticisms in a way that invite constructive discussion? "Let's discuss about the upsides of when you lose a mobile defense mission because the datamass clips through the floor".

No. Some part of the game shouldn't have been released in that state, this is a cold fact. The game has been in this state for years and DE let it be, so they don't care. The end. There's nothing to discuss here, just a fact to state.

I agree constructive criticism is the way to go. best way to address the issues is to identify them. But , to say they do nothing to correct them, i think is harsh. they release 100's of hotfixes per week. is there still issues, yes. do they still need to fix the game, of course. I think the actually issue is what  does DE choose to spend majority of there time on.. its making new weapons, new events, new frames and etc so that they can attract new people to the game. at some point they have to balance this a bit better and really tackle the bigger longer lasting issues that have been around for awhile like you mentioned and more.

Edited by Dark5eiD

Well i surely be more happy if DE would have a community manager who gives out straight anwers to some pressing matters.

Lets say a post has reached 30+ comments and the OP got 50+ "upvotes", the community manager comes up and answers clearly in a straight way. Everybody would appreciate that even if the answer would be negative because people would finally feel that their voices count.

Just look at the countless limbo threads all filled with ideas what could help the problems but without someone from DE telling us that they still work on it we have to go with the usual "they stopped caring, next rework in 20XX"

All I can say that DE has one of the worst bureacracy there is. They do good changes once in a while but it takes ages for that to come. I were suggesting stuff like chenging the chat quite a while ago and they still didn't do it good. You can't copy a word or a phrase from a chat and it's 2017 man, even minecraft has better chat, it's a game for babies that don't really use it functions and DE can't make their chat decent. I used to do bugreports but now I just don't see any point of doing that because they ignore it in 100% of the time. I used to post bug reports on russian forums but moderators pretty much call you silly for reporting a bug that they don't think it's a bug but game feature but when you make sure it's 100500% a bug then they just ignore it or delete that post so I started to post here but here post are just ignored so I lost hope for bug report section.

General discussion is also waste of time imo because as far as I know DE listen to loudest and unfortunattely loudest people are irrational people that want to nerf stealth damage and stuff like that.

P.S.

I pretty much lost hope for Warframe to become a great game and just wait for alternative while playing at what's Warframe turned in to.

P.P.S.

I like potatoes and may the epicness be with you.

On 2017-5-30 at 2:11 PM, Chipputer said:

>clearly doesn't watch prime time
>clearly doesn't watch dev streams
>clearly has never seen responses from devs on popular reddit threads
>clearly has never seen responses from art and sound team in those threads

Look, your heart is probably in the right place but, again, you clearly lack experience or understanding of how this all works.

And here we can >clearly see what one the specimen mentioned in the OP look loike, the one that rushes to 'defend'.

I watch all of that, if I may:

Prime Time is useless in this regard, sometimes we are hinted at upcoming or not upcoming stuff but that's it.

Devstream: They improved a lot lately but their sarcastic or ironic answers not too long ago were an offense, specially to paying players like me; Many of the questions would simply be dismissed. Like I said, they improved a lot but they still took 3 years to design a bird. Priorites yeah. How long did it take to get a weapon balance pass? Shield gate? Nullifiers? They ARE slow and there is NO excuse for that.  

Responses from devs on Reddit? You mean the damage control? They only show up when the reddit community is about to burst, since bringing a problem to the official forums often results in people like you helping the thread and the problem to be dismissed.

I play many other online games, quite a few with the F2P format. They might not have devstreams as frequently as we in warframe have but they somehow are far more efficient at dealing with problems the community brings.

They are a long way to go

Edited by (PS4)cdzbrbr

25 minutes ago, Dark5eiD said:

I agree constructive criticism is the way to go. best way to address the issues is to identify them. But , to say they do nothing to correct them, i think is harsh. they release 100's of hotfixes per week. is there still issues, yes. do they still need to fix the, of course. I think the actually issue is what  does DE choose to spend majority of there time on.. its making new weapons, new events, new frames and etc so that they can attract new people to the game. at some point they have to balance this a bit better and really tackle the bigger longer lasting issues that have been around for awhile like you mentioned and more.

I can compare with any game I know, warframe has more bugs. There are games without regular update and without a feedback forum with 2.5M user, and those games have less bugs. The only games I know with that many bugs are unreleased games.

So what? If DE is actively correcting the bugs as you think, they are the most incompetent developers in the world. Again, this is a cold fact: every other development team in the world is able to get less bugs in their game. But "they are the most incompetent developers in the world" is an aggressive statement, right? So let's not say this. Saying "releasing some mastery fodder like the cycron keeps players busy and brings more money than hiring 2 beta-testers and 3 debuggers" is harsh as well, so let's not say it. In the other hand, since I'm not payed as a beta-tester, I won't do the only possible constructive feedback: spend several days making an exhaustive list of every bugs I saw and how to reproduce them. I can do that for 1 single bug in a stable game, but in warframe it's a full-time job (...harsh, again) and no one will do it except payed beta-testers. so...

... Let's Just pretend. Let's pretend they are correcting the bugs. Because saying otherwise would be harsh. Let's pretend everything's fine and they are doing all they can and there's no issue whatsoever because saying otherwise is aggressive.

... See the problem with "constructive feedback policy"?

Edited by mplokijuhygtfrdeszqa

19 minutes ago, mplokijuhygtfrdeszqa said:

I can compare with any game I know, warframe has more bugs. There are games without regular update and without a feedback forum with 2.5M user, and those games have less bugs. The only games I know with that many bugs are unreleased games.

So what? If DE is actively correcting the bugs as you think, they are the most incompetent developers in the world. Again, this is a cold fact: every other development team in the world is able to get less bugs in their game. But "they are the most incompetent developers in the world" is an aggressive statement, right? So let's not say this. Saying "releasing some mastery fodder like the cycron keeps players busy and brings more money than hiring 2 beta-testers and 3 debuggers" is harsh as well, so let's not say it. In the other hand, since I'm not payed as a beta-tester, I won't do the only possible constructive feedback: spend several days making an exhaustive list of every bugs I saw and how to reproduce them. I can do that for 1 single bug in a stable game, but in warframe it's a full-time job (...harsh, again) and no one will do it except payed beta-testers. so...

... Let's Just pretend. Let's pretend they are correcting the bugs. Because saying otherwise would be harsh. Let's pretend everything's fine and they are doing all they can and there's no issue whatsoever because saying otherwise is aggressive.

... See the problem with "constructive feedback policy"?

your not going to get arguments out of me and i hope i painted the right picture for you in my previous post. i agree with all of what you say. i just think the cause of it is warframe is spending majority of their efforts on expanding. this is not an excuse to me, they should still have a dedicated team of debuggers. literally full time all they do. especially with the amount of  content they spit out ontop of existing bugs and problems.

3 minutes ago, Dark5eiD said:

your not going to get arguments out of me and i hope i painted the right picture for you in my previous post. i agree with all of what you say. i just think the cause of it is warframe is spending majority of their efforts on expanding. this is not an excuse to me, they should still have a dedicated team of debuggers. literally full time all they do. especially with the amount of  content they spit out ontop of existing bugs and problems.

Balance issues are far more staggering.

Oberon was saved by capitalism; first weapon balance pass took 3 years; no shield gate; 90% of useless arcanes; focus school was designed on a bad LSD trip, list is pretty huge if i was as determined as i'd be a few years ago into compiling a to-do list.

TentownsRaid this players speaks the truth

I mainly feel they only see what they want to hear  example numerous people complaining about Nurf's  to their weapons warframes excetera excetera will they ever change these things to the original way it's best to say no constantly keeping your hopes up is damaging to your body

if they watch content creators on youtube for possible tricks related to bugs or simple bugs, yes they read the threads.  They're obviously not gonna say we fixed this bug  or made that change referring to this user,  but I personally have reported bugs in the past (maybe others similar)  which they have fixed.

On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 9:12 AM, mplokijuhygtfrdeszqa said:

I can honestly say that I haven't encountered any bugs in the places that you mentioned.  This is not to say that you haven't.  My statement isn't meant as a defense of DE or white knighting as some would say.  Just that I haven't had any of those issues you mentioned.  

The closest one that I have heard of regards a MR test (either 19 or 20) where you can get caught in a failure loop due to enemies spotting you at start point of the Stealth test.  Again this one didn't happen to me and the only reason I know of it is because of a clan mate telling me.  

In my year and half of playing Warframe, I can honestly say that I haven't experienced any more bugs/glitches than any other game that I've played.  This even includes bugs that have been fixed that others have experienced.  But then I run a very streamlined machine with only software (DE client instead of Steam for example) that I actually use.  That could and most likely have a lot to do with my experiences in this regard.  

Things I noticed in last only 4 months of being in the forums. Topics I saw as thread and then saw them getting implemented or talked about. I am sure i missed a lot but these are the ones I definitely saw here before implementation.

• Nyx assimilate change and then roll back. Was a huge feedback thread.
  • Chroma effigy movement mod. Was a thread suggesting it
  • Chat filters request
  • Clan resource contribution check
  • Limbo buff and then nerf to the cataclysm 
  • Ability to cancel builds in foundry to get resources back in case of mistake
  • Oberon rework then more rework (hard to satisfy all but it still was a change)
  • Talk in devstream about rework of focus schools
  • Talk in devstream for shield gating

Some ideas don't go with how the dev see the game should be and would not be considered. Just live with it cause not everything you demand can be provided. 

Also if you read the Update notes you will find links to forum posts which affected it.

Few examples

No other developer for any game I have seen goes to such lengths. Its a completely unreasonable request to respond to every single thread. Just try to follow the updates if so concerned. Raging and complaining threads are useless. 

https://forums.warframe.com/forum/3-pc-update-build-notes/  To read on updates.