Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Price hike on Oberon Prime??

(PSN)DragonLord_UK

I eagerly await Prime Access. I love buying it for the discounted plat, a shiny new warframe to play with and the feeling that I'm supporting a game I love. So I'm not complaining about the package or the fact I pay for something I can technically get free from farming. 

What I don't understand is why the new Prime Access for Oberon is £10 more than previous Prime Access packages when we get exactly the same as the others. 

It always feels a bit pricey as I could buy a few games for the cost of the warframe and accessories but I do it anyway cos I love warframe. But it is leaving a bitter taste knowing that not only do we have to pay more on console than PC for the same thing, but now the price has risen for no reason and nothing added. 

I am wondering if it's time to start farming instead. Is there a reason why? Is this going to be the new normal price for primed warframes? Is this Sony or DE being greedy? I think I may wait a week or so to see if this is a mistake or to decide if this is really worth my money :(

I was about to buy Oberon Prime Access but noticed it's £65.99 while Banshee Prime Access was £57.99 (and still is, it hasn't been taken off the PSN store). I checked on my Xbox One and and it shows Oberon Prime Access at £57.99, so it looks like it's only more expensive on PS4. 

I

Yeah try being in Canada on PSN guys - we've had this for almost over a year now.  Sony adjusted the base prices and now where we once payed $59.99 for the accesorry pack... it's 79.99... $20 increase lmao - they blamed Sony for it, saying they adjusted prices to the current value of CAD - but it's funny other games like... oh... Elder Scroll online... didn't increase their prices.... 

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

13 minutes ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

Yeah try being in Canada on PSN guys - we've had this for almost over a year now.  Sony adjusted the base prices and now where we once payed $59.99 for the accesorry pack... it's 79.99... $20 increase

Sorry to hear that :-(

It doesn't appear to be the case here as the Oberon Prime accessories pack price is unchanged when compared to the Banshee Prime accessories pack price. It's only the Oberon Prime main pack that has a change in price on PS4 UK /EU.

Edited by (PS4)EpicediumUK

I've submitted a ticket to DE regarding this, assuming it's a pricing error as no indication was given of a price increase. Note that the increase has not also  affected other Warframe items on the PlayStation store or the Prime Access pack on other platforms. 

I have an answer.

Sony have adjusted the price to take account of Exchange rate changes in our region. Looks like a permanent increase.  I was all set to buy Oberon Prime Access but think I'll just grind out the gear and sell stuff on for plat after this. I realise it's not DE that are to blame here but they could have been up front and told their European customers that a price rise was being forced on them by Sony. 

Funny that the Accessories pack and Platinum packs haven't changed in price, other add on content for different games isn't affected and that Microsoft haven't followed suit. 

Shame I can't move my gear from my PS4 account over to Xbox One or PC. I thought Sony's PS slogan was "for the players". More like 'from the players'. 

Edited by (PS4)stuartd
abc

That is really crappy :( I guess Banshee Prime was the last im gonna buy, i am not prepared to get shafted by Sony. My thoughts are as yours, its a shame i cant move to PC. When i started Warframe on PS4 my PC wasnt good enough to run it well. Sadly other than Oberon i have every other Prime and apart from Titania and Nidus which are on my "to-do" list every other frame. Lots of weapons, mods, MR20, many hours and money put into it so changing platform isnt an option for me.

I will get the accessory pack as i like the boosters and a bit of discounted platinum is still good but other than that ill just be farming them from now on. Shame DE wont be getting as much money from me but they can take it up with Sony :P I also dont buy that its because of the exchange rate either, if it was they would increase everything not just the most expensive item.

Edited by (PS4)Ashielle

Thanks for the answer, but I don't believe one word of that.They will try to make us believe that Sony adjusted prices due to exchange rate but only on this pack ?? 

We'll, it's sound a bit wrong for me...in any case, even if I have all warframes and weapons in prime, banshee access is the last one for me, and I will certainly stop this game definitively now. Years after years, warframe is become to much expensive for me.

11 hours ago, (PS4)stuartd said:

I have an answer.

Sony have adjusted the price to take account of Exchange rate changes in our region. Looks like a permanent increase.

Thanks, appreciated - that will certainly affect current and future purchase decisions.

SONY have unfortunately made the price of the Prime Packs unobtainable for some.

I felt really sorry for a younger player (assumption) in European region chat who had saved up all their 'pocket money', 'paper round money' to buy the Oberon Prime Pack only to find they were short by 10 Euros ... could be coincidence but I haven't seen them in region chat since :-(

That's a shame. I feel sorry for that kid as well.

I really think there should have been some kind of notice given of the price increase. When something always costs the same amount, then suddenly goes up by around 12% there should be something said beforehand. All it needed was something in game or a note on the PSN Store saying what was happening and why. The way it's been done just gives the impression of a 'cash grab', and all that does is put potential and current customers off. 

As an aside if Sony control the pricing, I wonder how much goes to DE and what proportion goes to Sony?

On 2017-6-8 at 2:01 AM, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

It was same price as all the previous for me. Only increase was tax...which is a law now. Not sony or DE fault.

The price rise we refer to here is nothing to do with tax. My support ticket from DE was closed off with the info below.

"I am afraid this is intended. Sony updated the price of the Oberon Prime Access packs to include changes in the conversion rate for currency in your region."

On 2017-6-8 at 4:13 PM, (Xbox One)Tucker D Dawg said:

I simply can't justify $80 for a frame and fashion accessories when new AAA games are less money.  It has priced itself out of my purchase allowance.

Totally agree. I bought Tekken 7 instead. 

I managed to get all the Oberon, Sybaris and Silva & Aegis parts from relics within a few days anyway! ☺️

3 hours ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

I buy access to support the game i love.

I started playing as Valkyr prime access  was on sale and bought that. I also bought Banshee Prime Access and the Prime Accessories pack. Not any more though. The Oberon Prime Access remains £57.99 on Xbox. If that's the price there then there's no valid reason to increase it on PS4. The currency conversion rates wouldn't affect Warframe DLC pricing on PSN any more than they would affect XBL pricing. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)stuartd said:

I started playing as Valkyr prime access  was on sale and bought that. I also bought Banshee Prime Access and the Prime Accessories pack. Not any more though. The Oberon Prime Access remains £57.99 on Xbox. If that's the price there then there's no valid reason to increase it on PS4. The currency conversion rates wouldn't affect Warframe DLC pricing on PSN any more than they would affect XBL pricing. 

Access has never been less than  $80 for me. Ive been buying access since trinity.