The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why are people so dissatisfied with Oberon Prime Access

Duckboy3825

Trailer was awesome.

Sybaris Prime is at worst a side grade to Dex Sybaris, at best an upgrade.

Sybaris Prime looks FREAKING GLORIOUS! Love the look of Sybaris, loved the look of Dex Sybaris, love the look of Sybaris Prime even more.

Silva and Aegis Prime look pretty cool but I think I do personally like the look of the base weapon more.

I legitimately think Oberon Prime could have looked a lot better. In fact, he is probably the worst looking Prime IMO. Nova, Saryn, Volt, Vauban, and Rhino. I love their prime designs. Mag and Oberon have the worst prime designs.... Think Oberon has a better design than Mag.

But at the end of the day, most of that is just my opinion. Aesthetics are subjective so who really cares what complaints are coming in. Unless they are factually based, they mean nothing really.

But Sybaris Prime has far more base damage than both its brothers and 5% less crit than Dex with 15% more status and a larger mag. It's an upgrade.

The only complaints I've heard were about the looks of Oberon Prime and Silva and Aegis Prime. Sybaris Prime looks amazing. The stats for everything are better than the originals which is the point of Primes. Sybaris Prime is a side grade to the Dex Sybaris.

I'll agree that aside from Broberon himself, the Silva and Aegis Prime are what are attracting all the hate, due to their admittedly plastic appearance.

Aside from that, it's just the usual salt. I thought the trailer was great. Not necessarily amazing, but then again, I thought all of them were great.

32 minutes ago, Doomerang said:

Because overall it's disappointing: Strange visual design for Oberon Prime and Silva&Aegis Prime, ANOTHER SYBARIS, and that syandana just doesn't fit Oberon.

I'd have to agree especially since the thread for Oberon release under the name of his syandana says " The King of the Forest requires a crest befitting of his stature. Oberon Prime’s signature Syandana achieves this with flair." no clue in hell how his syandana befits his stature it's just ribbon and ugly as hell on the end of it and to thick, isn't a king suppose to look awesome yet his prime accessories were garbage o.O aside from that the frames look doesn't in any way resemble a king of the forest either, the animal he was chosen to look like was livestock to carnivores.

Edited by iMalicious

13 minutes ago, iMalicious said:

I'd have to agree especially since the thread for Oberon release under the name of his syandana says " The King of the Forest requires a crest befitting of his stature. Oberon Prime’s signature Syandana achieves this with flair." no clue in hell how his syandana befits his stature it's just ribbon and ugly as hell on the end of it and to thick, isn't a king suppose to look awesome yet his prime accessories were garbage o.O aside from that the frames look doesn't in any way resemble a king of the forest either, the animal he was chosen to look like was livestock to carnivores.

Yep. Overall he looks more like a dark paladin.

There's a couple things that come to mind.

Some people are still dissatisfied with Oberon's current state, that despite being greatly improved he needs further work, such as dealing with the anti-synergy resulting in excessive energy drain when playing with a Nekros' summons, or a Hallowed Ground that isn't unnecessarily difficult to see with no noticeable tangible benefit to the visuals being changed in the first place, or Smite's damage splitting between projectiles meaning higher Strength results in weaker individual shots.

The looks are incredibly polarizing, Oberon takes his ungulate theme in a different direction, some like it, some don't, and S&A and its prime just about only share the fire being involved as far as appearances go.

The Trailer didn't do a good job showcasing him, neither of the abilities shown were used in a supportive or team-benefiting way where they shine, and the focus was mainly either on the new Grineer dude or things literally any given frame could accomplish.

Even what many considered the saving grace of the whole thing, the Sybaris Prime, isn't phenomenal.  Between the datamine having greatly inflated stats and the Dex variant already being a very good weapon, many seem to think it's not good enough to set it apart.

And as for the Accessories, one of them is a teeny-tiny nearly unnoticeable Sugatra, which while it does look nice, it is a Sugatra so it'll likely either clip with everything or the physics will just flip out completely all the time, and the Syndana, while also nice, is fairly similar to a number of already-available ones.

Valkyr Prime and Banshee Prime were very hard acts to follow, sure, but Oberon Prime involves so many tiny issues that the Prime Access as a whole feels like a step backwards in quality.

Edited by Vox_Preliator

6 minutes ago, Doomerang said:

Yep. Overall he looks more like a dark paladin.

If a paladin were an animal I would agree, he looks nothing like a paladin, do you even know what paladins look like... o.O doesn't look like a paladin nor a king of the forest, just a meal to carnivores.

Just now, iMalicious said:

If a paladin were an animal I would agree, he looks nothing like a paladin, do you even know what paladins look like... o.O doesn't look like a paladin nor a king of the forest, just a meal to carnivores.

When you said paladin and animal only one thing came to mind....

Minodin xD

1 hour ago, Duckboy3825 said:

Some people say

Well we now know what "some people say" what do you say?  Other than telling others not to complain, making this a complaint thread about complaining ie a meta complaint.  Provide your own feedback please.

1 hour ago, Duckboy3825 said:

There are a lot of people complaining about just about everything around Oberon Prime Access. There are a lot of people complaining about Oberon Prime's look and quite a few people saying that the Sybaris Prime and Silva and Aegis prime is a direct visual downgrade from the originals. Some people say Sybaris Prime is a downgrade from the Dex Sybaris. Some people say Silva and Aegis' upgrades do not suffice. Some people say the Oberon Prime trailer was poorly animated. Just non-stop complaining. Why is this so? I mean, there's always at least one person that just complains about everything, but with Oberon Prime Access this is going off the rails.

Some people say to jump off a bridge but do you listen? No who honestly cares what others think about something if you enjoy it for yourself. I am not playing this game or choosing my frames/weapons that I like because others tell me to or not too!

3 hours ago, iMalicious said:

" The King of the Forest requires a crest befitting of his stature. Oberon Prime’s signature Syandana achieves this with flair." no clue in hell how his syandana befits his stature it's just ribbon

It is just yet another marketing slogan. They happen to be just a fancy-sounding bull$hit existing only to attract your attention without providing any justification in 96% of cases

#marketingtalk

Edited by Teloch

Sybaris Prime looks cool, oberon prime looks meh, silva and aegis looks elegant

EDIT : We can complaints what we want, because we are player. We are their customers, even this game is free to play doesn't means we cannnot complaints.

Edited by System.Lord.Ra
complaints

Personally, I like oberon p designs; looks much more fortified and knight-ish. Sybaris was a sleek piece and remained such. No special thoughts on the S&A prime: it is just another primed melee. 

Overall, I like this access. The only thing I might complain about is the fact DE picked sibaris instead of tiberon or rubico. That's about it.

5 hours ago, Duckboy3825 said:

I'm saying there are a lot of people complaining about Oberon Prime and his stuff, far more than any other prime access that I've seen.

I'd say volt prime was complained about the most, by far the worst prime access ever, volt prime, odanata prime and that's it, absolutely worthless