Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dual Skin application consideration

Fluff-E-Kitty

With the introduction of the silva and ageis prime, I have seen a lot of people upset with the fact that it is a mace. I kind of like it myself, but that’s not the point. It made me think of something that could be kind of cool to see later on.

I know a while back they were considering splitting dual wielded thing so that you could just take two of the same thing or whatnot. Going off this idea, could we apply skins to different dual wielded things separately? In some cases it might look a bit odd, but the added ability would be somewhat nice. For the new prime, it would mean you could apply a skin to the mace only and get the sword back but keep the shield if you like it better or vice versa. It also means you could apply two different gun skins to things if you like the non-symmetrical look. Granted this also means that they would have to consider the shields to be a weapon in itself, so I don’t know what that would mean down the line.

It also opens up the door for more skins to be bought as you can mix and match so it would be a way to pull in more revenue for DE.

P.S. If anyone ever played PSO, they may remember the Dual Birds. You made them from combining the Master raven and the Last swan. It’s kind of why I’d like to see this option for skins.

latest?cb=20160115063509

So, basically, make all Dual weapons (Ak Pistols, Dual Blades/Daggers/Claws/etc and Sword&Board) colorable individually, so you could get say, a one of the Dex Dakra blue blade with orange hilt and the other Dakra with orange blade and blue Hilt.

45 minutes ago, Nazrethim said:

So, basically, make all Dual weapons (Ak Pistols, Dual Blades/Daggers/Claws/etc and Sword&Board) colorable individually, so you could get say, a one of the Dex Dakra blue blade with orange hilt and the other Dakra with orange blade and blue Hilt.

The OP wants different skins, not just colors.

It's simply not worth the effort.

Each weapon has a texture and mesh file. With skins, the texture and meshes are redirected to the skin's.

For separate skins for each weapon in the dual combo to work, weapons have to load textures and meshes from multiple separate files simultaneously. To do this, part of the game's logic has to be rewritten, possibly even from scratch depending on how the current system handles it.

This is simply too much work for so little gain when it would only be applicable to 3 weapon types (Melee & Shield, Dual Swords, and Dual Daggers) out of all of the weapon types in the game.