Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sybaris Prime: Upgrade or Sidegrade?

Upgrade.

Ya'll in denial because you spent five Formas on the Dex. Guess what? I did too and I have zero issue in calling it what it is: an upgrade. 5% less crit is more than compensated with 25% status and higher magazine size and base damage. Don't believe me? Go hybrid and see which one takes down a Heavy Gunner faster. I'll save you some time: Sybaris Prime's ability to consistently proc Corrosive and Slash completely shreds through that Heavy Gunner MUCH faster than the Dex. The Sybaris Prime doesn't need a buff, it already is more powerful than the Dex. Some of you focus too much on that 5% less crit and ignore everything else. 

Reminds me when Tigris Prime came out and most of you were trying to justify it being a "sidegrade" to the Sancti by saying "ooo bUt dAt sYnDicatE proc lolz" when in reality, the Tigris Prime is so much better than the Sancti Tigris

Edited by (PS4)LoisGordils

I'd call it an upgrade. I spent 8(if I'm not mistaken) formas on my Dex, and I ain't salty about that. Straight up beast with a nice status chance. A 5% decrease from 35% crit chance in exchange for a 15% increase in status chance? hell yea I'd take that anyday.

Just now, .Lit. said:

I'd call it an upgrade. I spent 8(if I'm not mistaken) formas on my Dex, and I ain't salty about that. Straight up beast with a nice status chance. A 5% decrease from 35% crit chance in exchange for a 15% increase in status chance? hell yea I'd take that anyday.

People seem to forget that Hybrid builds are the ultimate builds

3 minutes ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

People seem to forget that Hybrid builds are the ultimate builds

In all honesty, my Dex is most likely going to gather up some dust because Sybaris Prime is pretty much the whole package imo.

Edited by .Lit.
Added "prime"

Honestly by the time you hit a certain MR and have enough plat and resources, your main goal is to collect every weapons ingame and give them potato and forma. So i dont see a problem with weapon that are going to get a better variant in my inventory. :)

there's two things sybaris prime does worse when stacked with the dex: 5% less CC, and a .5 slower reload.

let's look at the things it does better.

higher overall damage.
higher impact damage.
higher puncture damage.
15% (!!!!) higher status chance.
.55 faster fire rate.
6 more rounds in a magazine (and, when you stack a 14-round, 1.5s magazine versus a 20-round, 2.0s magazine... the sybaris prime out-DPSes the dex on magazine alone).

also, it looks delicious. 

Edited by Sasquatch_Legend

5 minutes ago, .Lit. said:

Yea I'm not really that upset but..

2 minutes ago, .Lit. said:

In all honesty, my Dex is most likely going to gather up some dust because Sybaris Prime is pretty much the whole package imo.

^this is pretty much true now and that kinda sucks. A weapon that gets a new "sidegrade" can be good if both are good in different ways. When one is a straight upgrade then the other is a wasted weapon slot.

55 minutes ago, RoninJed said:

Yea I'm not really that upset but..

^this is pretty much true now and that kinda sucks. A weapon that gets a new "sidegrade" can be good if both are good in different ways. When one is a straight upgrade then the other is a wasted weapon slot.

Donno, 87.5% crit chance vs 75% crit chance is pretty substantial. 

46 minutes ago, -N7-Leonhart said:

Also, test it vs a lvl 140 Ancient and a lvl 140 Tech.

I did and the Sybaris Prime beats it. Toxin and Slash procs give zero damns about Shields. The only scenario where it might be better is against Ancient Healers.

Hybrid is king

Edited by (PS4)LoisGordils

4 hours ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

Upgrade.

Ya'll in denial because you spent five Formas on the Dex. Guess what? I did too and I have zero issue in calling it what it is: an upgrade. 5% less crit is more than compensated with 25% status and higher magazine size and base damage. Don't believe me? Go hybrid and see which one takes down a Heavy Gunner faster. I'll save you some time: Sybaris Prime's ability to consistently proc Corrosive and Slash completely shreds through that Heavy Gunner MUCH faster than the Dex. The Sybaris Prime doesn't need a buff, it already is more powerful than the Dex. Some of you focus too much on that 5% less crit and ignore everything else. 

Reminds me when Tigris Prime came out and most of you were trying to justify it being a "sidegrade" to the Sancti by saying "ooo bUt dAt sYnDicatE proc lolz" when in reality, the Tigris Prime is so much better than the Sancti Tigris

Absolutely right. The difference becomes even higher if you get a riven to boost the slash proc side of this weapon.

49 minutes ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

I did and the Sybaris Prime beats it. Toxin and Slash procs give zero damns about Shields. The only scenario where it might be better is against Ancient Healers.

Hybrid is king

I use Mesa 80% of the time..you wanna see something nasty..use ballistic battery with Sybaris Prime after u proc status..some dirty shnit right there! This weapon is actually encouraging me to use Mesa's BB. Lol I love the shnit out of this gun. Wish DE made life size functional replicas! I'd slide my Vader lightsaber over lol 

It depends what you want out of the weapon.  If you're using Argon Scope then the Dex might be the better option.  Prime has higher DPS on paper but only reaches about 115% crit chance while the Dex reaches about 134%.  Dex would be more consistent here.  I wouldn't count on that 15% chance for red crits but 34% is consistent enough.

With just Point Strike for crit chance and the same build on each weapon, the Prime is superior.  Their damage per shot is very close but when you account for the higher fire rate and larger magazine of the Prime, it clearly wins out in burst and sustained DPS.

They're not really even comparable for a status build or hybrid build.  Prime has 25% vs Dex's 10% status.  The only thing the Dex has going for it here is the greater weighting of slash damage.

Basically, with Argon Scope it's hard to say but the Dex probably has an advantage.  With any other build, the Prime wins.

11 hours ago, djternan said:

It depends what you want out of the weapon.  If you're using Argon Scope then the Dex might be the better option.  Prime has higher DPS on paper but only reaches about 115% crit chance while the Dex reaches about 134%.  Dex would be more consistent here.  I wouldn't count on that 15% chance for red crits but 34% is consistent enough.

With just Point Strike for crit chance and the same build on each weapon, the Prime is superior.  Their damage per shot is very close but when you account for the higher fire rate and larger magazine of the Prime, it clearly wins out in burst and sustained DPS.

They're not really even comparable for a status build or hybrid build.  Prime has 25% vs Dex's 10% status.  The only thing the Dex has going for it here is the greater weighting of slash damage.

Basically, with Argon Scope it's hard to say but the Dex probably has an advantage.  With any other build, the Prime wins.

Yeah, no, Prime out damages Dex period. Stats on paper is not the full picture compared to actual function in game. That status chance on a  high damaging weapon is a huge thing.

On 6/2/2017 at 11:19 AM, djternan said:

hi sir. i put argon and 2 90% and 1 60% on both weapons and prime still won against lvl 145 corr bombard/gunner and napalm

Clearly an upgrade to me,it does crit more than enough and most riven with crit stat would still give it +100% crit.

It does fire faster and most important:STATUT chance is high as hell.

On high level enemies i clearly see the difference,it kill in 1-2 less shots and sometimes more on tankier enemies.

Critical statut procs destroys things in this game.

5 hours ago, THND3RZ said:

Clearly an upgrade to me,it does crit more than enough and most riven with crit stat would still give it +100% crit.

It does fire faster and most important:STATUT chance is high as hell.

On high level enemies i clearly see the difference,it kill in 1-2 less shots and sometimes more on tankier enemies.

Critical statut procs destroys things in this game.

Totally agree :)