Sands of Inaros: Final Boss

vZEskimo

Question

Does anyone have any tips on how to beat the Tomb Guardian? I have tried multiple times but always either run out of ammo or respawns. It seems like my weapons do no damage to him. Any tips would be appreciated.

8 answers to this question

Ah yes that fight, now let me tell you a story. Back when I was a young tenno lad and fought the Tomb Guardians, I too ran out of ammo but guess what, I manned up and meleed them to death. Will admit it took a whille...a long whille, but I did it.

Well first if you are talking about the final boss of the quest, then that would be the Tomb Protector (looks like an Inaros)

Best tip really is to just bring ammo restores, you will need them with almost any weapon against him. If you can't get those then at the least bring a reliable melee weapon. Would be easier to help if I knew what you had, don't feel shy none of us started the game with a Tigris Prime :D

I've tried using Zhuge and Vectis with the 30% more ammunition mod; neither has worked. (And yes, Tomb Protector) I would use my melee weapon but I usually just get three shot. (My only two frames are Volt Prime and Nekros; neither are tanky) 

Edited by vZEskimo

Well then it's good you are doing the quest cause in the end you will get a tanky frame, but ya with that loadout it's not a suprise you are failing.

If you don't already have it then build the Tigris, it's a reliable heavy hitter and that's exactly what you will need. Keep in mind you might still not have enough ammo and in that case when you go for melee, do not stay too close for long. Just go in, do an attack or two, get out and repeat. That method will require a lot of patiance and time I know, but there aren't many other options.

You could also try doing it in a team, but good luck getting one sence the quest isn't repeatable and most people have done it by now.

PS: Speaking of the Tigris, the way it works is you have to hold down the trigger if you don't want both shots to be fired at once and release when you want to fire the second one.

Edited by AlphaPHENIX

So I beat it with Volt Prime and Zhuge. If you put Corrosive damage onto your weapon, you destroy everything in there. I didn't go down at all and it took two clips to take down the giants. Thank you two for the help!

I know it's been 5 years, but for new players just doing this now, I used Excalibur with Exalted Blade, just put corrosive damage on it and spam it at the Protector and Giants.