Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE Fix the MR24 Test

Tsukinoki

Just now, Silvus-Sol said:

I know right, who wants to actually try or play the game? Moving and stuff is such a chore.

IMO they should just have a big fat button that you can jump on and win the test immediately.

No I just don't like how squishy the operator is and how you have to avoid literally anything that comes your way because it will kill you.

Just now, (Xbox One)AntiCaesar said:

No I just don't like how squishy the operator is and how you have to avoid literally anything that comes your way because it will kill you.

That's the point. It's supposed to be hard. It's MR 24 for crying out loud. I know MR doesn't mean much, but they shouldn't just hand the thing out for free.

Just now, Silvus-Sol said:

That's the point. It's supposed to be hard. It's MR 24 for crying out loud. I know MR doesn't mean much, but they shouldn't just hand the thing out for free.

MR19 is a great mastery rank test, you actually need to strategize. 

MR24 you just run around grabbing energy to shoot the orb while not dying. At least give the Operator regenerating health or something to make them stand a chance

14 minutes ago, Silvus-Sol said:

I know right, who wants to actually try or play the game? Moving and stuff is such a chore.

In a way I agree with you. It's cheese and is bad for the game.

But then you have the fact that a good portion of the players don't even know how to control the Operator so I'm fine with said cheese being in the game.

3 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

In a way I agree with you. It's cheese and is bad for the game.

But then you have the fact that a good portion of the players don't even know how to control the Operator so I'm fine with said cheese being in the game.

Well, then it's a good time for them to learn. If they don't learn or refuse to learn, but still cheese and reap the rewards, then that is just one more hit to the integrity of MR. It's also one more player who will need to be carried by someone else at some point if/when the whole Operator thing gets expanded upon. I don't know about you but I'm tired of seeing high MR players that have absolutely no idea how half of the game works.

1 minute ago, Silvus-Sol said:

Well, then it's a good time for them to learn. If they don't learn or refuse to learn, but still cheese and reap the rewards, then that is just one more hit to the integrity of MR. It's also one more player who will need to be carried by someone else at some point if/when the whole Operator thing gets expanded upon. I don't know about you but I'm tired of seeing high MR players that have absolutely no idea how half of the game works.

SO much this... MR should be a test of mastery of the game. if that locks players out, then so be it.

I hold this stance as right now all mastery over ~14 does not lock players out of content, so i am fine with hard tests above MR 16 or so.

The recent fix to Brood Mothers make this test rather difficult since they can actually melee now, and have Luffy arms that stretch almost twice as long as they look, so you think your out of range just in time to catch a Falcon Punch to the face and a game over.

Quite hard to satisfy all.. It is a unique test and by looking at videos should not be an issue to complete it once I reach there. Now say they make it harder, maybe spawn a few ancients together with brood mother, then we will have people complaining its too hard. 

These tests mostly test skill set and this one does the operator only mode for first time.

Maybe if you wanted a challenge you can spawn Kuva Guardians instead so it will actually require more skills to actually kill the enemy. 

On 6/2/2017 at 6:54 AM, Tesseract7777 said:

I wish we could try out tests that are much higher mastery ranks, just for the fun of doing the simulation, not even for future practice. I've always been kinda bummed that you can't test out higher mastery rank tests in the relay, it's not like you are qualifying for anything, it's just for funsies. 

You can test the one you're going to try next.  I remember having a hard time getting 23 done. So, practiced a bunch in the sim and got it on the very next try.  

I've been purposely practising this test without the cheese strategy of standing on the orb and it actually isn't hard. It's about stealth! They can't hear your void powers, so dart behind walls and attack the orb when you can. The maggots can still find you, but wipe them out, stay away from the mothers, and you're golden. Haven't failed yet by doing this. Mastery tests are about learning, DE wouldn't put this here if we couldn't beat it!