Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thoughts on the corrupted.

Pavelord

A bit spoilery for newer tennos that have to complete the Second Dream and the War within.

A recent topic about how weird is that void fissures open in the void, got me thinking about the corrupted, and Steve talking about the corrupting forces of the void, and with the revelation of the adults of the Zariman, becoming wild and violent, did the parents of the tenno became Corrupted?

If that were the case, it poses two ideas, the first is that we have two types of corrupted; the ones driven to madnes and violence by the void fissures and the ones that on top of being corrupted were trapped by the orokin and implanted with a device that puts them in control of the neural sentry; as we read in Simaris syntesis they were used as guardians. The second idea is that the orokin could have corrupted people on purpose to foster this fearless and mindless army or repurpose those that were lost to the void similar to the Zariman?

There usually is a confusion between the Void and the Void Towers, the towers being edifications meant to protect those inside from the Void, in essence a voidless area within the void, would then make sense that the Void creates fissures within this voidless space and recorrupts the corrupted under the neural sentry? What are your toughts?

ThOKYEi.png

Edited by Pavelord
fix typos

Very good questions. I wonder where they drew the line. Tenno and weapons and all types twisted by the void? 

The big question is if the Corrupted are reanimated corpses.

As for the Towers, they were really big ships and it would make sense for those to be safe from void-fissures.

I am more inclined to think the adult on the Zariman became infested monsters though,  but that's just my own theory. 

I was subscribed to the idea that the corrupted were reanimeted corpses, but now I feel we have the case that both ocurrences are cause by the same void influence, we know that corpus ships now carry void shielding, could not have been the case with the Zariman, so both ships in the void and creatures near a fissure were radiated by this void influence in the same manner.

I remember somebody called them zombies, it could probably go along those lines, the creatures affected turn violent, rabid, uncaring for pain or love, and then they were repurposed, and they had to have kept human forms, I mean the children manage to incarcerate them (depending on your answers). And the ship came back in perfect condition as noted by Kaleen, I suppose without technocyte taint, and there were no bodies because the tenno ray disintegrates matter as seen by the dying animation.

3 hours ago, Pavelord said:

A recent topic about how weird is that void fissures open in the void, got me thinking about the corrupted, and Steve talking about the corrupting forces of the void, and with the revelation of the adults of the Zariman, becoming wild and violent, did the parents of the tenno became Corrupted?

well i think it's reasonable to assume that being exposed to raw energy results in Corruption, though that doesn't explain why the kids didn't get corrupted but the adults did. it seems Void Energy could have an effect on the part of the brain that handles aggression and anger, and puts it into overdrive. while it's more to do with game mechanics, Corrupted enemies in Fissure missions receive a buff (based on the Era of the relics being used), which could be explained lore-wise by saying that corruption increases the aggression of affected units, and causes them to become more problematic as a result.

4 hours ago, Pavelord said:

If that were the case, it poses two ideas, the first is that we have to types of corrupted; the ones driven to madnes and violence by the void fissures and the ones on top of being corrupted were trapped by the orokin, implanted with a device that puts them in control of the neural sentry; as we read in Simaris syntesis they were used as guardians. The second idea is that the orokin could have corrupted people on purpose to foster this fearless and mindless army or repurpose those that were lost to the void similar to the Zariman?

this is particularly interesting, to think that there could be more than one type of Corrupted. the method of implanting the facial Seal that all Corrupted possess has always been up for debate; is there some kind of "supreme" corrupted that finds intruders and puts the seal on, or - more worryingly - something in the towers could maybe cause the seals to grow onto the face, which would be pretty freaky. perhaps the Neural Sentry forces people to turn themselves in once they are aboard the ship, they surrender to the Corrupted and become a part of them. we also have no idea what "preparation" is required in order to survive the Neural Sentry; according to Lotus, it can be done, but it's not explained exactly how. is it possible that perhaps Corruption is the result of a person's first ever Exposure to Void Energy, and that long term exposure like what the Orokin have could eventually grant them immunity from corruption?

I'm a big fan of the "zombie" theory though; we can safely assume that after all the horrible and twisted things the Orokin have done, that making a Zombie army wouldn't be out of character for them. I bet if it wasn't for the Neural Sentry, the Corrupted would have turned on them as well. which begs another question; what happens if you deactivate the Neural Sentry somehow? would that restore the corrupted to their former selves, or would they die since their Corruption is probably the only thing that keeps them alive for so long? is it even possible to switch a Neural Sentry off?

4 hours ago, Pavelord said:

There usually is a confusion between the Void and the Void Towers, the towers being edifications meant to protect those inside from the Void, in essence a voidless area within the void, would then make sense that the Void creates fissures within this voidless space and recorrupts the corrupted under the neural sentry? What are your toughts?

Void Towers were probably around during most of the Empire's history, but I imagine that once the Old War kicked off, many more were built and used since the Void would offer Protection form the Sentients due to "The Flaw" (Sentients being poisoned by Void Energy by design), and even when the Orokin inhabited Lua, they could have had Void Towers serving as secret military/governing installations. perhaps the Orokin elite themselves lived there, away from the people they ruled over, since Orokin were snobs who hated anything less than them.

but what about Fissures appearing way outside of the void to corrupt things, even on board ships? I reckon that the instability of Void Energy plays a part here, but I reckon that the Neural Sentry may actually be a fissure that was harnessed under Orokin control somehow, or maybe even an "artificial" Fissure made by the Orokin to last forever and use it's Corrupting effects on all intruders who enter the tower. the Orokin were the only ones who knew how to harness the Void's power, and they may have known, if only secretly, what Void Energy actually was.

either way, a very thought-provoking post!

TL;DR Void Energy triggers people, Neural Sentry is weird, there's a possibility the Orokin made a Zombie army, Towers are good, and Neural Sentry could just be an artificially-created Void Fissure (or a really big one that was somehow controlled) that was hooked up into Tower systems and made to corrupt intruders.

21 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

but what about Fissures appearing way outside of the void to corrupt things, even on board ships? I reckon that the instability of Void Energy plays a part here, but I reckon that the Neural Sentry may actually be a fissure that was harnessed under Orokin control somehow, or maybe even an "artificial" Fissure made by the Orokin to last forever and use it's Corrupting effects on all intruders who enter the tower. the Orokin were the only ones who knew how to harness the Void's power, and they may have known, if only secretly, what Void Energy actually was.

I´ve taken a more literal aproach to fissures, a bit with the idea of how Limbo works, at the earliest the Void was called a pocket dimension, but I think the concept has evolved a bit with time, I believe that besides being a diferent dimension is one that ocupies the same space but like they say in a different vibration, under some circumstances the void can break throug the rift and literally break the fabric of reality, creating a fissure sort of an incomplete portal through the dimensions.

In the other thread about fissures somebody mention Steve had a grand plan for the fissures but it went unimplemented, I don´t remember the specifics, but definitely I´d like to see more development on science and lore of the neural sentry and the fissures.

We can define two opposing forces.

1) Void Corruption. Resulting in strange and unnatural properties that defied science. 

2) Technocyte infestation. Resulting in deformed and assimilated connected beings that shared properties similar to the void.

The Orokin used Corrupted as Security Forces and they created infested clones - they talk very casual about both.

The Fissures corrupt beings and put them under the Neutral Sentries control. Like Borg from Star Trek.

Let's add Vor to this. He was reanimated by Void Energy/tech in the Key. Do this mean the Corrupted use void energy or are infused with the void (captured void?).

It allso depend on how far we take the religious nature the factions subscribe to it.

I had a discussion that the souls of lost ships that never came back from the Void boarded the Zariman and became a part of the crew. 

"There is something out there."

The adults then changed and were hunted down by the children. 

The children were saved by their (big guesses here) implanted nanobots the Technocyte,  that took the energy and repurposed them for defence and attack : our space magic.

The adults lacked this protection and became infested instead. 

A Orokin Neural Sentry must be using Technocyte to "corrupt" a host to control them, like the Infestation seems to do as well.

Allso, remember Tenno are immune to infestation infection and Warframes are treated as enemies by the Neutral Sentries.

32 minutes ago, arch111 said:

The children were saved by their (big guesses here) implanted nanobots the Technocyte,  that took the energy and repurposed them for defence and attack : our space magic.

This is the only thing I can't really agree with, in all honesty. The Orokin ended up abandoning the use of Technocyte for awhile before the Zariman incident after the Infested failed as a weapon against the Sentients. I doubt they'd just slap that stuff into children on an experiment to explore the Void itself, especially when adults, far more durable specimens, could be used. They really only used technocyte later during Rhino Prime's Codex Entry, after discovering one of those beasts could be tamed with Transference.

My guess is that the Void, whether it's a separate plain of existence, or a living thing, somehow changed both the adults and children differently. It drove the parents mad, as adults aren't capable of using Void Energy like the kids on the Zariman were, for whatever reason. I suppose it's because the Void is sentient, and for one reason or another, chose to give the children power instead, as some mysterious force does talk to us when we deal with the Broken Scepter, which could be the Void talking to us through something we understand, our memories.

As for the Corrupted themselves, I'm still betting on them just being mind-controlled by the Neural Sentry upon being discovered. I imagine it just sends drones, along with other Corrupted, to subdue invaders and control them forcefully by drilling one of those plates into their face.

Edited by (XB1)Graysmog

5 hours ago, Pavelord said:

The second idea is that the orokin could have corrupted people on purpose to foster this fearless and mindless army or repurpose those that were lost to the void similar to the Zariman?

Considering the Orokin are control freaks with more concern for aesthetics than ethics, I wouldn't rule it out.

Especially when they've an easy provision of fodder in the Grineer for bolstering Corrupted Ranks. Though how they set it up is a good question.

1 hour ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

well i think it's reasonable to assume that being exposed to raw energy results in Corruption, though that doesn't explain why the kids didn't get corrupted but the adults did.

Would it be reasonable to argue the Zariman orphans were Corrupted, but something about the situation rendered them able to retain themselves in some manner whilst the Void affected them? My only explanation personally is that per the Void being psychically reactive and/or receptive, it manifests in a way akin to the victim in some form...and seeing as the Elder notes that despite Zariman going to crap the children somehow keeping their morale up...perhaps that could have been enough?

After all, the Elder Queen has a rather elaborate speech on just how the Void affected the Tenno.

52 minutes ago, arch111 said:

The adults lacked this protection and became infested instead.

We have nothing suggesting the involvement or presence of any form of Infestation upon the Zariman. Indeed, if there was Infestation Kaleen would have recognised it rather than the near pristine state she found it in the Ember Prime Codex.

Furthermore, it makes no sense to say that only children would have some kind of nanobot 'Void Vaccine' if such a thing existed. To say nothing of how the Technocyte is very rampant in how it processes those it affects. And then the logistical boon that a 'Void Vaccine' would offer the Orokin in their exploration and study of the Void itself.

If we know anything, it's that the Void and Infestation do not play nicely together for some reason or other...though much of that is admittedly based upon on how Helminth responds to the Operator, noting how it fears 'Nothing but the Void Demon'. Considering the Infestation borders on Cosmic Horror threat...the fact something about the Operator unnerves them is...impressive.

37 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Graysmog said:

They really only used technocyte later during Rhino Prime's Codex Entry, after discovering one of those beasts could be tamed with Transference.

Not quite. They certainly used controlled amounts of Technocyte in construction of structures like the Lua Pendula.

As for the creature, the Creature existed as part of a separate project first, it's Davis' sabotaging it FOR SCIENCE! that allowed him to prove they could be controlled through the Transference Therapy Margulis was using to treat the Zariman survivors.

Everything just got worse from there...

Either way, apologies for going on, as always.

Let me explain why I suggest the Tenno had Technocyte in their blood and why that is important. 

What is Technocyte?  Microscopic machines that can alter cells to reprogram their purpose. In s sense they act like a virus, but a benign one able to cure any dissease.

In our time this is called nanobots and is on the verge of becoming a reality in a few years.

Now, imagine that you needed to be protected against fire. The nanobots would change the skin into flame repellent armor.

Imagine you wanted a long lifespan. You turn off the cells decayrate.

Imagine you want to restucture a body to perfect symmetry, the nanobots will handle it.

So now imagine that the machines got corrupted. Their programming to heal the body resulting in assimilating more and more material and cellulalar fuction to find a cure. This rabid and horrific process resulted in the Infestation.

The Infestation and Infested tissue are not one and the same. These spores were used all over the place, Forma and Morphics not least.

My suggestion is that the colonist children were bred and perfected for their life in Tau. They had the TC to allow them to adapt and conquer a new planet. For whatever reason this allowed them so survive on the Zariman.

This is a theory I have had for a very long time and I made it to explain how the Tenno survived and how they got their powers.

Feel free to puncture it, because thus far we don't know any of the answers to what Technocyte,  Void or Warframes actually are. 

5 minutes ago, arch111 said:

My suggestion is that the colonist children were bred and perfected for their life in Tau

Possibly. Thing is, seeing as the Orokin were extremely adept at manipulating genetic structures to modify individuals as they saw fit...if the eventual Tenno were going to have any augments or modifications before the whole thing went to hell, likely the Orokin would have employed something much less volatile in living subjects than the Technocyte.

Sure. It's a useful substance to a degree...but one error, one erroneous aspect...and that's your entire ship compliment consuming themselves as some kind of technorganic horde.

And again...why limit the modifications to the children alone when they could very easily establish a few generations, indeed they'd have to to root out any flaws in the modifications and alterations before throwing them into the proverbial blue yonder.

Smart money would be to put any augmentations on the adult members of a ship, simply because they're more immediately useful.

Don't mean to be harsh about it...but as with any Theory, the less Evidence there is to support it, the harder it is to ground. As of the moment, the best I can say is that the teaser we got for Harrow's tie in little comic thingy seems to imply it's a look at the Zariman. If that is the case, and there is evidence of Infestation in there...then there's room to move to reconsider the plausibility.

Either way, apologies for being 'that guy' as it were.

1 hour ago, Blakrana said:

Not quite. They certainly used controlled amounts of Technocyte in construction of structures like the Lua Pendula.

As for the creature, the Creature existed as part of a separate project first, it's Davis' sabotaging it FOR SCIENCE! that allowed him to prove they could be controlled through the Transference Therapy Margulis was using to treat the Zariman survivors.

Everything just got worse from there...

Ah, my bad. Completely forgot about most of the stuff on Lua.

I guess the thing I was always confused about was why the Neural Sentry would take over everything that walked into the Towers, yet decided to completely ignore the Sentients in Octavia's quest. I mean, I suppose we can just go with the logic of "Suda's Aura" acting as a way to bypass the system, yet then that means a Cephalon is powerful enough to circumvent such an insanely powerful piece of tech like the Neural Sentry. I'd like to believe that, yet honestly, I'm betting on it having to deal with Hunhow just being smart enough to take over the Neural Sentry and have it ignore his Drones, but then why didn't he send Corrupted after us too?, or buff up his Sentients with some of the materials the Neural Sentry has access to?

Edited by (XB1)Graysmog

Just now, (Xbox One)Graysmog said:

Ah, my bad. Completely forgot about most of the stuff on Lua.

I guess the thing I was always confused about was why the Neural Sentry would take over everything that walked into the Towers, yet decided to completely ignore the Sentients in Octavia's quest.

I'd say a combination of Shielding as one layer...and the other layer is that Sentient are known to turn technology to their own ends when used against them. It could be possible that Hunhow's fragments had already destroyed whatever Corrupted units were in the towers whilst they were under his warding.

And of course, if the Neural Sentry relies on the Void to do the Corrupting, then it'd just outright kill the Sentient if it tried to. Effective defence that falls flat in this very specific scenario.

Maybe something as simple as putting out a "Friend" signal or something amidst the stolen energy from Suda could circumvent the issue.

3 minutes ago, Blakrana said:

I'd say a combination of Shielding as one layer...and the other layer is that Sentient are known to turn technology to their own ends when used against them. It could be possible that Hunhow's fragments had already destroyed whatever Corrupted units were in the towers whilst they were under his warding.

And of course, if the Neural Sentry relies on the Void to do the Corrupting, then it'd just outright kill the Sentient if it tried to. Effective defence that falls flat in this very specific scenario.

Maybe something as simple as putting out a "Friend" signal or something amidst the stolen energy from Suda could circumvent the issue.

Yet then that would mean a Cephalon is essentially a tool capable of hacking into a Neural Sentry. Not even the Lotus can do that, and she has us.

Ordis can finally have a use on the battlefield for once.

Edited by (XB1)Graysmog

Just now, (Xbox One)Graysmog said:

Yet then that would mean a Cephalon is essentially a tool capable of hacking into a Neural Sentry.

Ordis can finally have a use on the battlefield for once.

Well the Liset call in does allow him to hack everything in a space...Though it's likely a lot more invasive and complex than a simple hack. Hunhow is after all an extremely powerful, experienced Sentient who evidently has a history of rendering Cephalons 'Null' as he calls it. Could be a lot of collective data necessary to bluff a Sentry.

Or, again, easy method of just killing everything...or cloaking their signatures instead. Can't get attacked by things if they don't know you're there, after all.

Once again, all we can really say is we just don't know.

15 minutes ago, Blakrana said:

Possibly. Thing is, seeing as the Orokin were extremely adept at manipulating genetic structures to modify individuals as they saw fit...if the eventual Tenno were going to have any augments or modifications before the whole thing went to hell, likely the Orokin would have employed something much less volatile in living subjects than the Technocyte.

Sure. It's a useful substance to a degree...but one error, one erroneous aspect...and that's your entire ship compliment consuming themselves as some kind of technorganic horde.

And again...why limit the modifications to the children alone when they could very easily establish a few generations, indeed they'd have to to root out any flaws in the modifications and alterations before throwing them into the proverbial blue yonder.

Smart money would be to put any augmentations on the adult members of a ship, simply because they're more immediately useful.

Don't mean to be harsh about it...but as with any Theory, the less Evidence there is to support it, the harder it is to ground. As of the moment, the best I can say is that the teaser we got for Harrow's tie in little comic thingy seems to imply it's a look at the Zariman. If that is the case, and there is evidence of Infestation in there...then there's room to move to reconsider the plausibility.

Either way, apologies for being 'that guy' as it were.

Not at all. I know perfectly well I have nothing to back this. Only a feeling.

It becan with Rhino I think. Yes, the order in the Timeline is still muddy as hell. But the Labs were post Zariman and prior to Transference Therapy.

It was allways suspect to me how the Tenno and would be warframes were held at the same place and even more suspect that the Tenno were compatible with these ... beasts.

That's where my suspicion began that the Plague came from the void with the Zariman. 

The reseachers didn't know what they were dealing with,  cutting open their shells and giving them pain to test their reactions.

And even back then, inherited or shared memories was a thing. 

"It looked at me with ancestral memory. It knew who I was and what I had done." Or some such.

1 minute ago, arch111 said:

But the Labs were post Zariman and prior to Transference Therapy.

No, they were concurrent, or at least close enough for the overlap to be possible in the first place.

Indeed, if Transference Therapy didn't exist at the time of the Creature test, then Davis would have not had the idea to try and employ it as a possible control vector. It's implied that's what the little rampage was about...luring it in range to test his theory. Which considering what we know...Davis clearly found out about Margulis' work somehow. How is interesting but unimportant, really...his realisation of possible applications is what set the start of the Warframe Project rolling.

As for location...Lua seems to be in some levels important to the Orokin upper echelons. It may well be they were in the same space because they were both Highly ConfidentialTM projects that weren't necessarily considered likely to overlap.

Control ability...well, considering Margulis expressly got Sylvanna, an Infested Biologist, involved in her work on Transference Therapy, it's plausible that whatever stages she'd processed involved Infestation based methods on some level. Once she had the Transference interface, all that would be left would be for exploring just what that enabled one to transfer into; throw an infested based proxy in range, makes some sense that it'd be a viable vector, no?

3 minutes ago, arch111 said:

That's where my suspicion began that the Plague came from the void with the Zariman. 

...Except that the Orokin had lost the Earth to the Infestation before then. Remember that the closest we hear the Zariman in relation to Earth is Saturn.

Add in that if the Plague began on the Zariman, then it being stranded would have served as a strong quarantine for quite some time and there'd by evidence of Infestation on the ship when Kaleen rediscovers it. It just doesn't make sense as the source of an epidemic that spans the entire system.

As it is, there's a lot more to suggest Infestation is something of this reality, whilst the Void is something else.

5 hours ago, Redthirst said:

I think it was quite clearly established that corruption doesn't have anything to do with Void, but is caused by Orokin technology that turns intruders into defenders of Void Towers.

This is what is being discussed, before the fissures were added into the game all things pointed and the Neural sentry as creator of the corrupted, but now with fissures spawning througout the system and corrupting grineer and corpus units in situ, it gives the idea that is the void influence that corrupts and not merely a brainwash or mindcontrol by an orokin machine.

It's also worth noting that void fissure corrupted will treat neural sentry corrupted as hostile, and vice versa. While this may be a simple consequence of blanket AI programming, it may also be suggesting that both sub factions have a different controller. Given that void exposure causes increased aggression and immortality in adults, it's possible that the sentry corrupts victims to preserve them in between attacks and target former allies. Perhaps the void fissures are a result of us using our void powers, shredding the fabric between the two dimensions so that things can get through and exert influence. After all, there are never void fissures opening up on relays, even in the lore to my knowledge. Only places where tenno use their power extensively.

I had really wanted the Tenno to be a hybrid of human and void altered disease turned into infestation, but as others have pointed out, infestation predates the Zariman incident. Perhaps the difference that saved the Zariman children lies in way children handle possibility as opposed to adults. For children, imagination is the realm of cowgirls(Mesa), knights (Excalibur, Rhino, and Oberon), Fairies (Titania and Oberon), and animals (Zephyr, Valkyr, Rhino again, Chroma in a mythical way). For adults, possibility often becomes a method for avoiding danger and consequence. An adult knows everything that can go wrong, and a void supercharged sense of imagination would translate into extreme paranoia and fear, especially once supplies started to run out.

I think that the Infestation "transmits" on the same frequency as the Tenno, and since we are a foreign source trying to "possess" infested organisms and use them as conduits, they refer to us as demons. War Within hinted at something else being present, but it spoke in our father's voice, so borrowing the theories from another thread and adding in a pinch of cloning, maybe the warframes are full of cloned infested parent bits, since the sense of family identity and shared genetics may make transference easier, but Alad didn't recognize them as being human so maybe it's like Orokin soylent green (New look, same great parent taste).

7 hours ago, (Xbox One)JadeSalamander said:

It's also worth noting that void fissure corrupted will treat neural sentry corrupted as hostile, and vice versa. While this may be a simple consequence of blanket AI programming, it may also be suggesting that both sub factions have a different controlle

This is what I was going for, removing the origin of corrupted from the neural sentry, clarifies a bit what exactly is the void taint, its corrupting capabilities, not only a place that breaks the understanding of science but also breaks the mind.

7 hours ago, (Xbox One)JadeSalamander said:

but it spoke in our father's voice, so borrowing the theories from another thread and adding in a pinch of cloning, maybe the warframes are full of cloned infested parent bits

A bit derive from death animations by void energy and Kaleen´s comment of not finding anybody but the children, I´m inclined to believe that the adults aboard the Zariman were disintegrated by the tenno, for me the possibility of cloning would be more likely from the tenno themselves, they clone a body and Helminth infest it to build the inner working of the warframe, for compatibility and such.

Edited by Pavelord
fix typos

1 hour ago, Pavelord said:

A bit derive from death animations by void energy and Kaleen´s comment of not finding anybody but the children, I inclined to believe that the adults aboard the Zariman were disintegrated by the tenno, for me the possibility of cloning would be more likely of the tenno themselves, they clone a body and Helminth infest it to build the inner working of the warframe, for compatibility and such.

Good point about the lack of remains, I stand corrected.

The Corrupted were just soldiers who turned to the Orokin side because of the Neural Sentry manipulating them.Im guessing the weird masks on their faces keep the body alive to some point because i doubt the Neural Sentry can manipulate corpses with no brain activity.

As for the adults on the Zariman 10-0 im pretty sure they all ended up killing each other driven insane by the void or perhaps an entity in the void.Similiar to what we see happening to our Tenno in the War Within quest.Something  is lurking in the minds of the Tenno which could perhaps be the voice of one of our parents since it refers to us with a tone of familiarity,or it could be some unknown entity from the void.

We dont know all that much about the void except it defies all logic,reason and it corrupts almost anything it touches.The Void itself is quite an intresting topic because it is so mysterious.

17 hours ago, Pavelord said:

This is what is being discussed, before the fissures were added into the game all things pointed and the Neural sentry as creator of the corrupted, but now with fissures spawning througout the system and corrupting grineer and corpus units in situ, it gives the idea that is the void influence that corrupts and not merely a brainwash or mindcontrol by an orokin machine.

I always thought that void fissures were just portals to the Orokin Towers, which caused Neural Sentry to affect the surroundings.