Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frames speed difference is a step in wrong direction.

nzzero

while i would say that the nerf was a step in the right direction in terms of immersion i believe they may have gone too far.,

i had been pushing for this but i think a different balancing point could have been reached.

i say keep the new normal run speed, but change the sprint so that it is more like a charge. he can reach a fairly good speed but his turning is debuffed while sprinting and it takes longer to get up to speed and stop.

hes the tank yes but the tanks nowadays can get up to a good clip, but with their mass once they get to that clip it takes them awhile to stop.

The only thing ever goes on Rhino favor is Rhino Skin which is pretty much useless consider 1) We need energy to chrage after our team 2) There nothing to tank becuase there nothing alive to tank

Don't forget that you can still be stunlocked to oblivion when it's on, wasting 50 energy.

Lets look at the other side of the arguement before rhino's speed was lowered and everyone had the same upgrade trees. To me it seemed Rhino was the frame of choice for people wanting to rush a mission objective to try and complete the mission ASAP due to rhino charge and iron skin they didnt have to really worry about anything anywhere. I saw more people doing this with Rhino more than any other frame often not even bothering to kill things because they didn't need to. Unless it was a boss run pre 6.0 update just about every Rhino player I joined a game with did this.

So now rhino has become even tankier than before which would amp the previous issue I mentioned. However theres a trade off. Now you run slower. Sounds good to me since I don't care for blindly rushing missions and the amount of games where people show up and try to rush has decreased for me since then.

So IMO instead of crying about a move speed decrease how about asking the devs to work on game play itself so that rushing in general is less appealing as a whole by either making it more sound to either be stealthy or at the least make sure there aren't surviving enemies in rooms after you pass by because they will use a console to call in more reinforcements.

Lets look at the other side of the arguement before rhino's speed was lowered and everyone had the same upgrade trees.

Certainly more intersting skill trees were needed but that doesnt have to come with this speed difference that many of us feel doesnt fit the game overall.

To me it seemed Rhino was the frame of choice for people wanting to rush a mission objective to try and complete the mission ASAP due to rhino charge and iron skin they didnt have to really worry about anything anywhere. I saw more people doing this with Rhino more than any other frame often not even bothering to kill things because they didn't need to. Unless it was a boss run pre 6.0 update just about every Rhino player I joined a game with did this.

So now rhino has become even tankier than before which would amp the previous issue I mentioned. However theres a trade off. Now you run slower. Sounds good to me since I don't care for blindly rushing missions and the amount of games where people show up and try to rush has decreased for me since then.

So IMO instead of crying about a move speed decrease how about asking the devs to work on game play itself so that rushing in general is less appealing as a whole by either making it more sound to either be stealthy or at the least make sure there aren't surviving enemies in rooms after you pass by because they will use a console to call in more reinforcements.

"Crysing" pssshhh...

Yes, better enemies and situations that prevent us from rushing would be great.

BUT that does not meant lowering the rhinos speed was a good idea in any sense.

I agree the speed should be equal for all Warframes. To rhino players, use a movement boost mod. I use 24% movement speed boost and it doesn't really help much as most people wizz right by me, but it's better than base speed. Even still I am the one who's wrecking ahead of the team using just rhino charge to get even further so I can't seem to understand why some people are having that much of an issue. For now just adapt to the situation, hopefully it will get fixed :/ ...

Edit: By movement speed boost I mean "run speed."

Edited by Ambience

Well, reading you guys... i must admit , Rhino has problems right now with the speed debuff. I leveled my rhino to 30 a week ago and changed to Ash to level him. Today Ive returned to play Rhino just to check those updates you all were talking about and... godamn... Ash was doing Faster Than Light jumps every step compared to my poor Rhino.

I think i see the intention of devs, but to be honest, speed debuffing does more for "lore" than for gameplay. Rhino and Trinity players have a serious disadvantage right now. My Ash can leave a whole f.... solar system between him and them in about 6 seconds... Thats weird.

Edited by Eversor

As for the people claiming Rhinos needed a speed debuff because they were rushing. Last I checked, it wasn't Rhinos spamming Crush and Overload to clear rooms with the press of 1 button. Rhinos are the ones that stand in the ring of fire reviving downed team mates. Good luck getting back up now when we can't even reach you in time.

Frankly, most of the complaints are invalid just on the basis that this is a NON-PVP coop game. The only thing a speed debuff does, is seperate us from the rest of the group. The only people in favor of that are the rushers that try to get ahead of everyone so they can get all the kills. In which case, I don't even know why they don't just play on Solo setting. I suppose it makes them feel important to see that they did the most damage in the group at the end of the match.

Agreed, the speed needs to be the same. On both Rhino and Frost, it's hard to keep up with the team, I'm always a second or two behind. I'm not sure what DE was trying to do, but I feel in a co-op game, differences in run speed do not add to the gameplay and/or distinctions between the warframes.

As for the people claiming Rhinos needed a speed debuff because they were rushing. Last I checked, it wasn't Rhinos spamming Crush and Overload to clear rooms with the press of 1 button. Rhinos are the ones that stand in the ring of fire reviving downed team mates. Good luck getting back up now when we can't even reach you in time.

Frankly, most of the complaints are invalid just on the basis that this is a NON-PVP coop game. The only thing a speed debuff does, is seperate us from the rest of the group. The only people in favor of that are the rushers that try to get ahead of everyone so they can get all the kills. In which case, I don't even know why they don't just play on Solo setting. I suppose it makes them feel important to see that they did the most damage in the group at the end of the match.

If a Rhino player was inclined to clear a room they'd just spam charge much like excaliburs spammed slash dash. Pre 6.0 Update it was only in large rooms that Volt or Mag had a real advantage to speed killing due to the way enemies bunched up on advances. especially when they hit a doorway. Just charge/dash once or twice and kill everything using half the energy without losing time from the skill animation Volt and Mag have using their 4 skill. Plus it doesnt suffer damage reduction from heavy armor like Mag nor electric immunity of ancients like Volt. Sure a Volt could spam speed boost to stay ahead of everyone but then its 100 energy for overload.

The bigger issue of it though is when people rush without killing things because they want to hit the reactor, capture the target, grab the artifact, etc asap then leave. This is because by running through all those rooms they activate those rooms. Should your game host have a low end machine this can cause a huge amount of lag because the host will begin chunking due to essentially running a listen server that they are playing on while managing everything happening on the map. Like say running AI scripts on 100 or so enemies that are now running around chasing the Rhino that doesnt care because he could basically push a button for godmode.

Why people join games to play that way idk. But they do. I play games online to actually work with people and team mates not to rush off trying to force my team to speed run things. Since the update I've only really seen Loki and Volt users still trying to do this however they're considerably squishier so they atleast have a risk of jumping into a blender and ending up dead.

err most of these issues are down to S#&$ team players not the slow speed of the warframe, good team players wait and approach the rooms as a team, bad ones rush off ahead.

honestly i find myself at the back more when playing ash - with 30-40% speed boost (depending on mood) with my snipertron than i do with frost who tends to go in first, you know why, team work, so how about you simply ask the guys / gals your playing with to, i dont know, wait up and go as a team ?

then simply add those who are team players to friends list and stick to private runs with those who play this co-op game as a co-op game ?

as frankly, i prefer the big heavy guys being slower, although iw ould like to see the fast agile characters also jump higher etc and loose more health / shields, there needs to be a bigger difference between the heavies / support / attackers.

make the rhinos / frost have like double the defencive stats of the ash' and loki's but at the same time they should be slightly more effective killers to make up for it.

laters

Monk

err most of these issues are down to S#&$ team players not the slow speed of the warframe, good team players wait and approach the rooms as a team, bad ones rush off ahead.

If all warframes move at the same speed it makes it easier and mor eintuative to stay together as a team.

If some warframes move slower the then certain people have to hang back to keep pace with the slower movers.

as frankly, i prefer the big heavy guys being slower, although iw ould like to see the fast agile characters also jump higher etc and loose more health / shields, there needs to be a bigger difference between the heavies / support / attackers.

I'm not going to argue with anyones preferences. taste is taste.

i'm not against that kind of class set up in general but for warframe specifically I dont belive it fits right with the way the game is set up or the way it moves.

Example: The "heavies" dont get bigger guns or anything like that.

Are we going to add limits on who can use what weapon? I hope not.

Edited by Ronyn

I really agree with the OP. There is no point in seperating the team any more than necessary for a challenge (Like when there's a lockdown that splits the team up.) in a cooperative game. If this had some sort of PVP I could understand the speed nerfs, but it really doesn't. The speed never needed to be balanced in my personal opinion, as it was great where it was.

All that said I'd like to state that I don't play a slower frame. I don't even have one. I have Mag, Trinity, Ember, and Loki. I would be perfectly alright with losing any "advantage" I have over players that use Rhino or such as long as it means we'll have more fun because we're actually grouping instead of "Hold on, the Rhino is still half the map back."

I like having my Loki as a faster frame, it allows me to more effectively play the objectives and get out of situations that a heavier combat oriented class is more suited for. That said, I understand the frustration that can come from having a slow build.

instead of making slow tanky frames faster. make the faster frams squishier so theres a reason to have a tank in the room so they chose to wait for that hevy slug to come wondering in.(just a sugestion)

the thing i dont like about the whole situation is that mag,frost,and (not so much now) volt can just clear the map with just some power mods and 300 energy just spam thier ult in every room while the rest of the frames (exeption of trinity) have to actualy have some draw backs with thier ults. even tho the 3 frames listed above take damage while ulting even if they "fall" they are easy to find. even tho ash can clear a room with his ult, you still take damage and you actualy bounce around the room instead of just stand still and kill every1. and when you're injured your still bouncing around the room killing so its much harder for your team to just run and pick you up

trinity has no real reason to be slow. maby its cause they are turning her into a tank iono. i dont see why even as a suport she should be slow

Edited by V1RTU5

trinity has no real reason to be slow. maby its cause they are turning her into a tank iono. i dont see why even as a suport she should be slow

as a matter of fact she doesnt even feel "support"...thx to ppl clearing rooms easily or able to even waltz to enemies n melee them to death....