Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frames speed difference is a step in wrong direction.

nzzero

Sprint Speed mod, problem solved.

You should have plenty of room for those, since it only takes rhino 1-2 armor mods to cap out...

it doesnt realy help sence your slow as durt 30%s dont even help much. it may get you up to par to where your sprint is = to thier standard run

imho, different movement speeds have no place in a third person shooter, or any game really. You don't see different movement speeds in other multiplayer games with specific classes (MMOs, Battlefield etc.) It just doesn't work in a multiplayer game, unless it's a MOBA or some brawler like Power Stone. Even if you balanced it relative to all the complex factors like damage, power range, health, armor of each warframe, it really serves no purpose other than a useless and cheap way to try and differentiate the frames, and even then you're better off looking elsewhere to do so.

Just my 2c.

instead of making slow tanky frames faster. make the faster frams squishier so theres a reason to have a tank in the room so they chose to wait for that hevy slug to come wondering in.(just a sugestion)

They already have 1/3rd to 1/15th the armor of Rhino/Frost. Why do they need to be any more squishy?

imho, different movement speeds have no place in a third person shooter, or any game really. You don't see different movement speeds in other multiplayer games with specific classes (MMOs, Battlefield etc.) It just doesn't work in a multiplayer game, unless it's a MOBA or some brawler like Power Stone. Even if you balanced it relative to all the complex factors like damage, power range, health, armor of each warframe, it really serves no purpose other than a useless and cheap way to try and differentiate the frames, and even then you're better off looking elsewhere to do so.

Just my 2c.

Pretty sure there are a lot of multiplayers games that have different speed for different classes.

Team Fortress 2 as an example.

Pretty sure there are a lot of multiplayers games that have different speed for different classes.

Team Fortress 2 as an example.

Were this game based around PvP or even traditional MMORPG trinity archetypes, I would completely understand the need to make "tanks" pace slower. But given that this is a coop "run n' gun" enviroment, it makes absolutely no sense to force different speeds on players. The differen't "classes" of frames are loose role definitions in a game that makes no use of any roles.

All the frames have access to the same weapons and mods. The innate bonuses of Rhino make him marginally more durable at best. Being able to take 1 or 2 more bullets has little meaning when the enemy is pelting you with 10 to 15 rounds a second. Even then, simply ducking behind a piece of cover grants the same effect.

Also, given that mods no longer boost by %, but fixed value; as enemies scale higher, any stat bonus Rhino started with becomes non-existent and inferior to the bonuses contributed by high level mods.

Edited by Ryme

They already have 1/3rd to 1/15th the armor of Rhino/Frost. Why do they need to be any more squishy?

wasnt realy all that sirious but if you insist

because if i can one shot them... they should be able to one shot me. imo if dps is going to be simply press 4 and kill 100 guys in a few sec then. their dps needs to be just the same if not close to it. you can argue that yes its the ult. but at lvl 30 with a few power eficency mods (makes the cost only ~70) and 300+ energy can you honestly say thats not op. same goes with weps. snipertron has 9 round clip and 50 in pack. even a semi good shot can make that an easy 59 kills not even including your pick ups.

with all that said you then have rhino whos abilitys deal very little damage and has no way of "tanking" which imo is grabing agro and becoming a bulet spunge. how does it feal when your in a rhino and everything just runs right past you and attacks the guys that for some odd reason are behind you?

there i argued my point even tho i realy didnt want to XD

Trinity is slow, bro.

^ This.

Seriously. I love my Trinity after spending a lot of time and effort to farm the materials and waiting 3 days for it to finish in the foundry, but seeing as I have no offensive skills besides my Link and my support skills are useless if I'm not actually there to take part in the fight, the slow movement speed really hampers the practicality of taking Trinity into missions besides defense missions.

Why should I take the Trinity into a mission and be practically useless? Unless my fellow teammates are generous enough to wait for me I have a much better team presence taking my Excalibur instead and wrecking face at the head of the (very fast moving) charge instead.

Pretty much what everyone has been saying overall. There's really no point to having different Frame running speeds in what is essentially a run and gun style game. The argument that it prevents people from rushing objectives holds no water. If I were so inclined, I could stack speed mods, spam rhino charge, and still rush the objective. Anyone faster than me when I'm Rhino (so...everyone but Frost and Trinity) can rush the objective and just leave me in the dust.

The argument that the teammates are bad is partially true but still doesn't hold water either in my opinion. Like I said, this is a run and gun game. Increasing the difficulty won't really make teammates slow down if they aren't inclined: they'll just find better ways to run and gun. In addition, me and my mates love to speed through levels guns blazing as fast as we can. Except now they're ahead with their faster frames in the action and I'm trying to join them with Rhino, except I'm about a room back. Lots of fun for them, not a lot of fun for me. And yes, I could ask them to slow down, but the inherent problem is still there: that I wouldn't have to ask them to slow down if I was playing a frame like Ash, Loki, Mag, or Excalibur.

would like to point out that mine is curently very well built and can solo almost about anything with her (i call her "the lil tank that could) but sence she is supose to stand as a "support" i dont see why she is so slow

i would say its a problem with both. dps is way to high. and there should be a diference in speed. but not to the exteem it is now. also like i said in my last post other than armor theres no real "tanking" in this game. whats the point of being invincible when nothing shoots at you or your team clears an entire room with the press of a button. same goes with trinity in the sence whats the point of a suport when nothing gets the chance to hurt any1 in your team (not even mentioning her abilitys)

Again why I say the game needs more mission types that put less emphasis on run speed. Currently really the only mission type that a faster move speed doesnt really come into play as a factor are defense missions because you sit in 1 room and everything comes to you.

Another thought that came to mind is possibly having the slower frames have a much higher max stamina + a faster base stamina recovery so they'd be able to sprint longer distances and more often than the faster frames.

Edited by UkyoSonoda

I noticed just now that with frost I couldn't run nearly as high up a wall as with Ash because it seems to be dependant on movement speed. This is an issue, because there are a TON of places where the vertical wallrun can be used to get to interesting positions, or even save time.

there i argued my point even tho i realy didnt want to XD

Now if only you could apply all this extra effort to something like grammar, capitalization, or punctuation. Seriously, your posts are unpleasant to read.

Were this game based around PvP or even traditional MMORPG trinity archetypes, I would completely understand the need to make "tanks" pace slower. But given that this is a coop "run n' gun" enviroment, it makes absolutely no sense to force different speeds on players. The differen't "classes" of frames are loose role definitions in a game that makes no use of any roles.

All the frames have access to the same weapons and mods. The innate bonuses of Rhino make him marginally more durable at best. Being able to take 1 or 2 more bullets has little meaning when the enemy is pelting you with 10 to 15 rounds a second. Even then, simply ducking behind a piece of cover grants the same effect.

Also, given that mods no longer boost by %, but fixed value; as enemies scale higher, any stat bonus Rhino started with becomes non-existent and inferior to the bonuses contributed by high level mods.

Oh now you guys pull the PvP card? Funny.

Anyway, this has been in games for a long time and let's not act like it hasnt.

And this is not a comment on if this shouldnt or should be in this game.

Oh now you guys pull the PvP card? Funny.

Anyway, this has been in games for a long time and let's not act like it hasnt.

And this is not a comment on if this shouldnt or should be in this game.

Please read the post I quoted. Someone else referenced the instance of different speeds for "heavy" builds in a PvP game. I expressed why that doesn't apply to this game.

Also, the difference in speed has not been in the game a long time. It was just recently made this way with the content update patch.

I think instead of changing the sprint speed as to keep the uniqueness of a frame, why not just really increase rhino's stamina pool? It would make sense too since he is a big tank with good endurance. So maybe hes slower, but can run for wayyy longer than everyone else. just an idea :)

Edited by Voracious

Enough said. I've played with my friends who are using Rhino and Trinity, and a couple of sprint speed mods solved the problem.

No it doesnt, because if a faster frame is on the team with them (Say Ember, or Loki) and they have the same amount equipped they're still going to leave you in the dust. Nothing that is said here changes the fact that this is a cooperative game where you're meant to team up with others that you're in a game with. You can't do that if you can't keep up with them.

Trinity is slow, bro.

Sorry about that, you're right. I've only played her once and I thought she was slower than the others due to the lack of sprint speed mods, after testing it out I realized no, she's actually just $&*&*#(%&ly slow. This doesn't make ANY sense for her, in my opinion it makes even less than with the tougher frames, not that I agree they should be slow either. A support is meant to be there with the group just as much as a tank is. If she's not there during the main part of combat then Trinity's entire ability set is going to waste. Sure she can solo pretty easy if built properly but she should not have to. If you bought her you either live in Maine or you like supporting. Warframes, PLS.

Now if only you could apply all this extra effort to something like grammar, capitalization, or punctuation. Seriously, your posts are unpleasant to read.

XD doesnt change the point of my mesage.

1)big frames should be slower. not as slow as they are now tho

2)dps is to high. some frames are just press of a button and you clear a room of 30 people

3)"tank"frames are usless sence there is no taunt. all the bad guys tend to ignor you for other people on your team.

4)trinity has no reason to be slow other than curently she is extreamly tanky

No it doesnt, because if a faster frame is on the team with them (Say Ember, or Loki) and they have the same amount equipped they're still going to leave you in the dust. Nothing that is said here changes the fact that this is a cooperative game where you're meant to team up with others that you're in a game with. You can't do that if you can't keep up with them..

if your playing a tank and trying to mod for tanking, you shouldnt have to waist a slot so you move faster

XD doesnt change the point of my mesage.

1)big frames should be slower. not as slow as they are now tho

2)dps is to high. some frames are just press of a button and you clear a room of 30 people

3)"tank"frames are usless sence there is no taunt. all the bad guys tend to ignor you for other people on your team.

4)trinity has no reason to be slow other than curently she is extreamly tanky

if your playing a tank and trying to mod for tanking, you shouldnt have to waist a slot so you move faster

Your ponits kind of contradict themselves. Rhino has no "clear a room of 30 people" button. His "size" is just a graphical representation, and has no correlation to what he can do. It is the other frames that can currently run like the wind that have the one button "dps" abilities. In that respect, he is not a "big" frame at all.

As he has no aggro pull abilities, Rhino also doesn't fall under the catagory of a "tank". Loki's Decoy ability is much more effective at "tanking" as it actually draws aggro away from other people. In effect, none of Rhinos abilities define him as a tank. To say Iron Skin makes Rhino a tank would also mean that Electric Shield makes Volt a tank. Rhino's abilities would more likely fall under the CC catagory, as they arn't effective enough to count as DPS.

Lastly, I think you and Sofiel are saying the same thing.

Your ponits kind of contradict themselves. Rhino has no "clear a room of 30 people" button. His "size" is just a graphical representation, and has no correlation to what he can do. It is the other frames that can currently run like the wind that have the one button "dps" abilities. In that respect, he is not a "big" frame at all.

As he has no aggro pull abilities, Rhino also doesn't fall under the catagory of a "tank". Loki's Decoy ability is much more effective at "tanking" as it actually draws aggro away from other people. In effect, none of Rhinos abilities define him as a tank. To say Iron Skin makes Rhino a tank would also mean that Electric Shield makes Volt a tank. Rhino's abilities would more likely fall under the CC catagory, as they arn't effective enough to count as DPS.

Lastly, I think you and Sofiel are saying the same thing.

rhino and frost have the most base armor with most of thier abilitys in defence and CC. other than no taunt i dont see how thats not the defenition as a tank. volt shield is a defence ability but he is not a tank due to low armor and most of his abilitys in offence. also i was not refering to rhinos dps "clearing a room of 30 people" that coment was made about frames that can do that such as frost,mag,volt and ash.

i was not contradicting my self i was staiting 4 "diferent" problems that are related to this thread lastly i was suporting his post with that coment not trying to prove him wrong

rhino and frost have the most base armor with most of thier abilitys in defence and CC. other than no taunt i dont see how thats not the defenition as a tank. volt shield is a defence ability but he is not a tank due to low armor and most of his abilitys in offence. also i was not refering to rhinos dps "clearing a room of 30 people" that coment was made about frames that can do that such as frost,mag,volt and ash.

i was not contradicting my self i was staiting 4 "diferent" problems that are related to this thread lastly i was suporting his post with that coment not trying to prove him wrong

My bad, I got lost in the thread half way through page three.

i love the way the speed change depending the frame,

before those change, i was just not feeling using other frames since the gameplay was the same allmost

now i have issue to select a frame and enjoy diferent game feeling with mly diferent frames

i still want more unikeness for the Prime calibu and the other frames but i love the way they takin now

Edited by Tsoe