The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What are the odds we see Mesa Prime instead of Zephyr Prime?

I don't think that pattern is even accurate, why would Octavia Prime come before Nidus when Nidus has been released longer then Octavia and they're more likely to release 3 males before a female making Nidus before Octavia, anyway I think the chances of mesa prime before Zephyr is slim to none and I also think Mesa will see a minor nerf coming on peacemaker before being primed.

Edited by iMalicious

17 minutes ago, iMalicious said:

I don't think that pattern is even accurate, why would Octavia Prime come before Nidus when Nidus has been released longer then Octavia and they're more likely to release 3 males before a female making Nidus before Octavia, anyway I think the chances of mesa prime before Zephyr is slim to none and I also think Mesa will see a minor nerf coming on peacemaker before being primed.

As it stands, DE has always followed the MM FF pattern for priming. Date of release only matters between frames of same gender. Even if they changed the prime order, so far the MM FF pattern holds true.

Therefore, the previous assumption about octavia receiving prime upgrade before nidus is not far fetched.

4 hours ago, Lucavee said:

Unless they are in desperate need for cash, im gonna say abysmal. Theres still 3 months for hydroid rework, and 6 for zephyr rework according schedule. Should be plenty of time to rush a rework for both.

Reworks for zephyr won't be rushed she actually since release never had anything done to her, if you go to the feedback thread there are enormous elaborated ideas that are fully completed and fleshed out, and only need a someone to code it into existence.

Between any frame, Zephyr has had the most time to prep for ideas than any other and I personally hope we get that wind tunnel I've seen often in the feedback thread It makes me want to use it as an air cannon powered by sonicor shots.

4 hours ago, Elvangreen said:

Equinox (February 2019)

Nidus (May 2021

Mesa (November 2018

Octavia (November 2020

i cri every time:sadcry::sadcry::sadcry:

#releaseanewprimeeveryweekxdlol

2 hours ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

I wouldn't call it rushing per say...as I'm sure when DE designs a frame they design the prime version as well.  I would call it more of me trying to justify why DE may skip a frame that needs a rework for a frame that doesn't. And is considerably more popular. 

They design Primes after the last has shipped.

10 hours ago, ShadowStalker said:

and you think people will buy her PA if they do that? no 

most nerfs come to frames before they become Primed, so I don't see your logic in saying no.

Also the range in peacemaker is far to great capable of hitting mobs from across the maps before they even shoot at you, especially vs infested it's a little to OP so I can see a minor nerf happening with them decreasing peacemakers range.

Edited by iMalicious

18 hours ago, Xardis said:

For me, the next primes should be Limbo and Mesa with AkVastos Prime for one of them.

Would rather have AkVasto prime released like aklex or something (iffy due to vastos prime availability), opposed to wasting a prime weapon opportunity on a dual version of the one we have already.

4 hours ago, iMalicious said:

Also the range in peacemaker is far to great capable of hitting mobs from across the maps before they even shoot at you, especially vs infested it's a little to OP so I can see a minor nerf happening with them decreasing peacemakers range.

TBH I don't see that happening for a few reasons. 

1. PM makes her stationary. It needs to have its 50m range. Because enemies are fast and have unpredictable movements. Her range is needed.

2. Grenades and Melee enemies can insta kill her. Again her range is needed. 

3. Her PM is completely unpredictable on who or what she shoots first. So again her range is needed.

( enemies should be smarter, by recognizing: hmm maybe I should stay out of her range and just lob grenades, or send in nullifies or ancients) 

Mesa needs that 50m range. 

On June 3, 2017 at 8:34 AM, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

So this is the current pattern of frames scheduled to be prime and when. Considering Hydroid and Zeph need reworks , what are the odds DE pulls a "switcha roo" and Mesa jumps in Zephyr's spot? 

Hydroid (August 2017) > Zephyr (MESA)(November 2017)> Mirage (February 2018)> Limbo (May 2018)> Chroma (August 2018)> Mesa (ZEPHYR)(November 2018)> Equinox (February 2019)> Atlas (May 2019)> Wukong (August 2019)> Ivara (November 2019)> Titania (February 2020)> Nezha (May 2020)> Inaros (August 2020)> Octavia (November 2020)> N/A (February 2021)> Nidus (May 2021)> Harrow (August 2021).

thoughts?

Christmas will bring the heavy hitters into consideration.

Expect it to be Mesa (awesome theme with heavy demand for a primed version with primed Gunslinger weapons) or Mirage (niche fan favorite) or, I daresay they might consider BOTH like a dual unvaulting from last year but with PAs.

Zephyr will be next year's Banshee; a beautiful rework cosmetically after the holidays.

It's what I would do.  I might even do Zephyr Prime next and push Puddle-Pirate-Prime to after the holidays.

Just now, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

Expect it to be Mesa (awesome theme with heavy demand for a primed version with primed Gunslinger weapons) or Mirage (niche fan favorite) or, I daresay they might consider BOTH like a dual unvaulting from last year but with PAs.

Zephyr will be next year's Banshee; a beautiful rework cosmetically after the holidays.

I'm hopeful for this as well :satisfied:

2 hours ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

Christmas will bring the heavy hitters into consideration.

It's what I would do.  I might even do Zephyr Prime next and push Puddle-Pirate-Prime to after the holidays.

Poor puddle isn't even more popular then the neglected bird now thats harsh love.

Let the dolphin divebombs be heard in the midsummer heat

All hail the mighty BOOMBIRDS!!

Edited by AlphaTheFinalBalance

Only reason why Mesa is more popular is mostly due to her high damage on peacemaker. Outside of the occasional assassination mission, i hardly see mesa around tbh.

Then again I never see Zephyr either. 

I would agree that making a Prime version of Zephyr is a good incentive for DE to do a rework on her. And a rework would actually help the sales of prime access. This makes it less likely that they would skip to Mesa.

Plus, I don't think Mesa is popular enough for this to happen, unlike Nova who was basically in every squad at the time of the prime release. 

13 hours ago, Naith said:

Would rather have AkVasto prime released like aklex or something (iffy due to vastos prime availability), opposed to wasting a prime weapon opportunity on a dual version of the one we have already.

Fair point. As for me - I dont care how we will get it, I just want to get it as fast as possible.