The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

End game = simulacrum?

MudShadow

Seems that way. Where does anyone go to when they want to put more than one cap into an enemy? Yep the simulacrum. And DE are now adding multiplayer functionality to the simulacrum? ok. I honestly don't think this is what players wanted but whatever. .. I mean just add some more challenging content (with increased rewards)to the star chart? If you have the time to add multiplayer to the simulacrum and also captura how can you not add more nodes with higher rewards and enemies to the game world? The star chart is almost exactly the same as it was last year at this same time, the only difference is the addition of Kuva Floods which is on a timer. 

Edited by MudShadow

i mean its already there in the game with sorties all  they have to do is just give players the option to play their favorite node with high lvl enimies rewards can be like 50 waves of high end def (starting lvl can be like 70-80) will reward you stuff like 3 forma 3 nitain 3 adapters etc

the point of experiencing true end game is not just about how long you can endure high level enemies, its also about getting rewarded.  Certain mods like bladed rounds will have no purpose there as they would trigger less often, therefor taking away the possibility of experiencing new ways to build.  Simulacrum isn't rewarding in any way, and does not simulate real game situations accurately.

43 minutes ago, MudShadow said:

Yep the simulacrum. And DE are now adding multiplayer functionality to the simulacrum? ok. I honestly don't think this is what players wanted but whatever.

I believe these additions are mostly in preparation for the clan based mission builders they are working on where someone can create a mission themselves completely from scratch.  The mechanics feel the same in both scenarios so once we get one and its tested out a bit, we'll get the other.

The other being with actual rewards as it will be a real mission.

4 hours ago, flameblastguardian said:

20 145 corrupted heavy gunner eximus is no joke

It's not that much different from say in Modern Warframe Spec-Ops of "kill 20 Juggernauts using only a knife".

The point of those missions is to stop you using the usual tactic of "just keep shooting it until it dies, move to the next one" and do something different. It's not necessarily a "challenge" but at least it's something different.

I'm one whos wanted multiplayer simulacrum since it came out :)  Also, for my clan this will add 'end game content' for us as we have high-stress challenges for some of our higher rank promotions (that require mobs lv 110+).  Having a simulacrum is a perfect way to do them. Other than that, Id like to have it in the dojo too but oh well  its a start....amongst some others like

Simulacrum/Danger Room in Dojo
- Multiplayer Simulacrum
Target Dummies in Dojo
Navigation/Star Chart in Dojo 
etc etc

Either way I look forward to the multiplayer simulacrum. Thanks DE! 

10 hours ago, -Edrick- said:

we have high-stress challenges for some of our higher rank promotions (that require mobs lv 110+).

LOL I seriously cracked at this whole serious 'Navy Seals' treatment to promotions in a game where balance doesn't exist 

'High Stress' really had me. :crylaugh:

On thread. Simulacrum is end game indeed, it's where i test the rivens i paid a lot for and feel better about myself for a few seconds before i close the game.

Edited by (PS4)cdzbrbr

4 hours ago, (PS4)cdzbrbr said:

LOL I seriously cracked at this whole serious 'Navy Seals' treatment to promotions in a game where balance doesn't exist 

'High Stress' really had me. :crylaugh:

I'd laugh too if i wasn't involved with military for over 11 years. but surprisingly this system worked for us since U9. otherwise yea I would've scrapped the idea. There were surprisingly a good audience of players that joined the clan because of it. So i cater to them not you.  it's not about 'balance' like you assume... otherwise we wouldn't have been using it since. but yes, on the outside it does sound laughable. 

1 hour ago, -Edrick- said:

I'd laugh too if i wasn't involved with military for over 11 years. but surprisingly this system worked for us since U9. otherwise yea I would've scrapped the idea. There were surprisingly a good audience of players that joined the clan because of it. So i cater to them not you.  it's not about 'balance' like you assume... otherwise we wouldn't have been using it since. but yes, on the outside it does sound laughable. 

Meant no disrespect, it`s just that it really sounded funny, now that you gave your background it makes more sense (although still funny :P)

I really shouldn't have mentioned balance though, maybe it was my way to keep it less off-topic-ish, really wasn`t assuming it had to do with it. 

My clan just uses overall contribution on events to give promotions, those guys actively forming groups and pushing the less experienced ones further in the leaderboards are surely to ge get a promotion.

Sadly that's actually true.

You can go to survival and play for 1-2 hours waiting for enemies to scale, while snoozing through it and 1 shotting everything till they do.

Or you can go to simulacrum for 10 min and get your fun there. I don't get it why we dont have lvl 200+ planets yet or at least turbo mode endless where enemies scale few times faster.