Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Collection of Mod Ideas

(XBOX)Ivan of Jupiter

One of the biggest aspects of Warframe, and one that drew me in to begin with, is Mods. But as a player that nearly has everything in the game, I find myself wanting more. I want more mods, specifically. I want more unique mods that could be fun to play with and build around. I want more than just, "Oh, your weapon/frame gets just a bit stronger after a kill or on headshot." Rivens are nice, but they don't change much. Again, the thing most people go for in those is just (crit)damage/Crit Chance/multishot. Doesn't leave much to the imagination. 

So that's what this post is going to be about. Just a collection of interesting mod ideas thought up by the community. Not only can you think up your own, but, seeing as how there are quite a few underwhelming mods as it is, you can rework existing ones to make them more effective/appealing. The ideas that are upvoted quite a bit will also be added to the main post.

So let's have fun with this, Tenno, put on your thinking neuroptics!

Upvoted Ideas:

So my first idea is a slight rework and repurposing of the existing mod, Retribution which has a chance to deal electric damage to enemies when your shield is struck. Sounds alright, but isn't worth the mod slot, IMO. Now I have 3 ideas for this one.

1. Turn it into an aura slot. Decrease chance to 25-30%. This would allow it to affect the entire team and could be a potentially life saving aura mod.

2. Turn it into an Exilus mod. No stats change.

3. Keep it as a basic Warframe mod, but power it up. 60% chance to deal electricity damage on shield damage. Damage done is 10(base)/20/30/40% of total shields.

Problem with Retribution is : When you get struck by a melee enemy, you're either dead or 10 hp away from dying.
Which means that a chance to shock the melee enemy is absolutely nothing when there's like 7 gunner and 10 enemies with abilities right next to you.

Edit : No amount of "Chance on melee hit" is going to be worth a slot, not even an Exilus one.

Edited by (PS4)XxDarkyanxX

9 minutes ago, (PS4)XxDarkyanxX said:

Problem with Retribution is : When you get struck by a melee enemy, you're either dead or 10 hp away from dying.
Which means that a chance to shock the melee enemy is absolutely nothing when there's like 7 gunner and 10 enemies with abilities right next to you.

Edit : No amount of "Chance on melee hit" is going to be worth a slot, not even an Exilus one.

I'd agree, if it weren't for the fact that many frames can actually take a melee hit. And there's a melee centric faction. But that's fine, your free to have your opinion.

On the same note, how would you improve Retribution?

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)DRG JupiterIvan said:

I'd agree, if it weren't for the fact that many frames can actually take a melee hit. And there's a melee centric faction. But that's fine, your free to have your opinion.

On the same note, how would you improve Retribution?

The frames that can take a melee hit are usually the ones that absolutely don't need a mod like this one though, 99% damage reduction and all that.
And the one that would benefit from stunning an enemy that got too close, would die from taking said hit.

As for how I would improve Retribution :
-Losing your shield provoke an explosion that unleash a Shock-wave for ?/?/?/? meters.

How is that an upgrade from the previous Retribution you might wonder :
-It allows the mod to be used against any enemies at any given time,
-Is beneficiary for nearby teammates
-Still keeps the theme of Shield Damage/electric shock
-With the soon-to-come Shield gating mechanic, this mod will be a lot more worth using if you're close to a powerful enemy that stunned you, accidentally find yourself in a group of enemies or simply if you're a melee Tenno that wants to get more survivability for the price of a mod-slot.
-Still very useful against Melee enemies

It's not a mod to deal damage, but when they hurt you, they'll soon be in pain too. Ense the meaning "Retribution"

Edited by (PS4)XxDarkyanxX

23 minutes ago, (PS4)XxDarkyanxX said:

The frames that can take a melee hit are usually the ones that absolutely don't need a mod like this one though, 99% damage reduction and all that.
And the one that would benefit from stunning an enemy that got too close, would die from taking said hit.

As for how I would improve Retribution :
-Losing your shield provoke an explosion that unleash a Shock-wave for ?/?/?/? meters.

How is that an upgrade from the previous Retribution :
-It allows the mod to be used against any enemies at any given time,
-Is beneficiary for nearby teammates
-Still keeps the theme of Shield Damage/electric shock
-With the soon-to-come Shield gating mechanic, this mod will be a lot more worth using if you're close to a powerful enemy that stunned you, accidentally find yourself in a group of enemies or simply if you're a melee Tenno that wants to get more survivability for the price of a mod-slot.
-Still very useful against Melee enemies

It's not a mod to deal damage, but when they hurt you, they'll soon be in pain too. Ense the meaning "Retribution"

I could definitely get behind this.

31 minutes ago, (Xbox One)DRG JupiterIvan said:

I could definitely get behind this.

If you don't mind, throw some other useless mod name like that with your opinion on how you would attempt to make it more useful.

I'm curious to know how you'd balance these useless mods.
Do make it one mod at the time though, easier to brain-storm with fewer things to think about.

And if you want I'll also share my ideas just to get the conversation going.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)XxDarkyanxX said:

If you don't mind, throw some other useless mod name like that with your opinion on how you would attempt to make it more useful.

I'm curious to know how you'd balance these useless mods.
Do make it one mod at the time though, easier to brain-storm with fewer things to think about.

And if you want I'll also share my ideas just to get the conversation going.

Sounds good. Guess I'll look at the mods real quick.

I've got an idea for Rapid Resiliance. On its own it decreases status duration on self. Again, not a bad idea, but would you sacrifice an important slot just for 75% status duration decrease? Personally I wouldn't.

How about this? Keep its concept but also add: ??% decreased damage taken from the status ailment you've been inflicted with for as long as you're affected by it.  

11 minutes ago, (Xbox One)DRG JupiterIvan said:

Sounds good. Guess I'll look at the mods real quick.

I've got an idea for Rapid Resiliance. On its own it decreases status duration on self. Again, not a bad idea, but would you sacrifice an important slot just for 75% status duration decrease? Personally I wouldn't.

How about this? Keep its concept but also add: ??% decreased damage taken from the status ailment you've been inflicted with for as long as you're affected by it.  

That goes along the line of what I was thinking, not sure that it would be worth it still as Status ailment aren't really a big problem in the game currently.

If the game does take that route though it'll be worthy to be used.
Venom Aura, occasional Slash and 1 short duration fire from a sabotage are like the only status that I've been affected with this month.

Side note : Going to sleep, will continue with a new useless mod tomorrow.