The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nidus augment idea

LAWD

So I've been playing a lot of Nidus lately, and i have come up with suggestions to make game-play a bit diverse or similar:

•  Virulence augment- Nidus performs ability as per usual, however after the patch of infested-spikes disappear, a path of Toxin based acid is left behind. Id imagine it having a cloud produce from this said path like 'hot coffee'. Enemies that cross into the path have a chance to proc'd Corrosive/Toxin. Clouds only do damage over time
  • Another Virulence augment- As Nidus performs the ability, just as he stomps the ground, has a chance to knockdown enemies in a radius. Enemies could as well stay down for a certain duration/or not. It could be like a lesser stomp.

So i haven't ocme up with creative names for abilities yet, welcome and thanks for looking .

8 minutes ago, LAWD said:

So I've been playing a lot of Nidus lately, and i have come up with suggestions to make game-play a bit diverse or similar:

•  Virulence augment- Nidus performs ability as per usual, however after the patch of infested-spikes disappear, a path of Toxin based acid is left behind. Id imagine it having a cloud produce from this said path like 'hot coffee'. Enemies that cross into the path have a chance to proc'd Corrosive/Toxin. Clouds only do damage over time
  • Another Virulence augment- As Nidus performs the ability, just as he stomps the ground, has a chance to knockdown enemies in a radius. Enemies could as well stay down for a certain duration/or not. It could be like a lesser stomp.

So i haven't ocme up with creative names for abilities yet, welcome and thanks for looking .

if your looking for a good nidus augment your first idea is teh better by far, it provides a nice change to the ability as well as keeping the synergy of an infested warframe

Just now, Licitaqua said:

if your looking for a good nidus augment your first idea is teh better by far, it provides a nice change to the ability as well as keeping the synergy of an infested warframe

Right, it could be a good way to prioritize targets or threats. It would be really cool especially with Ravenous.  

another good idea, would be to make the skill spread out in not just one line, but in a cone in front of nidus, allowing it to hit more for less

If that were the case, he'd get stacks too fast . His 2 can already pull a lot of enemies to one point and then use virulence on them

3 minutes ago, Licitaqua said:

another good idea, would be to make the skill spread out in not just one line, but in a cone in front of nidus, allowing it to hit more for less

So instead of 20 meters straight ahead, 10 meters in a cone?  Most augments (not all) come at a small cost.

Just now, Xekrin said:

So instead of 20 meters straight ahead, 10 meters in a cone?  Most augments (not all) come at a small cost.

thats teh general idea, covers more area at a smaller range, or you could make it similar to frosts augment and have nidus lay a trail of infested wherever he runs for say 10 second after at max rank

The ultimate idea for a Nidus augment (perhaps for his 4th ability).  Any enemy that dies on the infested area has a chance to become infested themselves with a 25% chance to fight for Nidus for x seconds.

I would love to watch some enemies turn into infested right before my eyes.

8 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

The ultimate idea for a Nidus augment (perhaps for his 4th ability).  Any enemy that dies on the infested area has a chance to become infested themselves with a 25% chance to fight for Nidus for x seconds.

I would love to watch some enemies turn into infested right before my eyes.

normally i would agree with this, but it wouldnt work with infested. how can you make infested enemies infested?

6 minutes ago, Licitaqua said:

normally i would agree with this, but it wouldnt work with infested. how can you make infested enemies infested?

it would be interesting having the dead bodies instead multiply more maggots. It could be described by enhancing the maggots with a chance to reproduce asexually. (spitting eggs)

1 minute ago, LAWD said:

it would be interesting having the dead bodies instead multiply more maggots. It could be described by enhancing the maggots with a chance to reproduce asexually. (spitting eggs)

that would work, but i think a better idea would be to allow the existing maggots to get stronger by consuming the bodies of the dead, allowing the skill to 1 last longer and 2 increase teh dmg of the maggots themselves

that would work, but i think a better idea would be to allow the existing maggots to get stronger by consuming the bodies of the dead, allowing the skill to 1 last longer and 2 increase teh dmg of the maggots themselves

I think they were actually created just for exploding. That exploding is pretty high damage itself. I think a good one for the 4th would be having th maggots fly lol

Just now, LAWD said:

I think they were actually created just for exploding. That exploding is pretty high damage itself. I think a good one for the 4th would be having th maggots fly lol

ehh the flying maggots wouldnt help all that much, as it is they can hit every enemy aside from osprays and those wouldnt take much dmg anyways

16 minutes ago, Licitaqua said:

It would just do the 25% chance to join Nidus, that's all.  The same could be said for "how do corrupted get corrupted" in fissure missions.

3 minutes ago, LAWD said:

MMM, flying maggots.  Hawt.  I demand concept art of maggots with wings!

3 minutes ago, Licitaqua said:

ehh the flying maggots wouldnt help all that much, as it is they can hit every enemy aside from osprays and those wouldnt take much dmg anyways

The maggots would be much faster and cover more of the area outside the nest.

Nidus circles around spamming his 1 and getting stacks.

1 minute ago, Xekrin said:

It would just do the 25% chance to join Nidus, that's all.  The same could be said for "how do corrupted get corrupted" in fissure missions.

MMM, flying maggots.  Hawt.  I demand concept art of maggots with wings!

Lol it be safe to say not all maggots should be able to fly. Maybe they can carry those that can't. who knowss

8 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

well corrupted in fissure missions dont GET corrupted, the void just disables them for a time

6 minutes ago, LAWD said:

The maggots would be much faster and cover more of the area outside the nest.

Nidus circles around spamming his 1 and getting stacks.

Lol it be safe to say not all maggots should be able to fly. Maybe they can carry those that can't. who knowss

that would work, but the point of the maggots is that they are slow but do a huge amount of aoe dmg to unarmored targets, making them fly makes them a tad unbalanced

so your trying to say, nidus would just temporarally take control of the infesed through helmanths systems?

Sounds good to me!  Though the important part (for me) would be watching grineer lancers twist and contort into chargers and such.  Also would like to see WTH turns into an ancient.

Just now, Xekrin said:

Sounds good to me!  Though the important part (for me) would be watching grineer lancers twist and contort into chargers and such.  Also would like to see WTH turns into an ancient.

in order for that to work, the devs woudl first have to create new moddles for base infested using grineer moddles. all the infested are corpus moddles because of alad v using infested after we fought him over zanuka, its also why eris is an infested planet. it might sound nice, but i dont see DE doing all that work and adding so many new moddles into the game just for a single augment for a single warframe

4 minutes ago, Licitaqua said:

well corrupted in fissure missions dont GET corrupted, the void just disables them for a time

that would work, but the point of the maggots is that they are slow but do a huge amount of aoe dmg to unarmored targets, making them fly makes them a tad unbalanced

okay yeah, they could serve a different purpose. Like the virulence aug above, they explode and release cloud of toxin? however i'd suite it to just be as it is right now

Just now, LAWD said:

okay yeah, they could serve a different purpose. Like the virulence aug above, they explode and release cloud of toxin? however i'd suite it to just be as it is right now

hm that would work, but im suprised you didnt point out that even in grineer tiles on invasions/infested outbreaks the game still uses corpus infested for it

1 minute ago, Licitaqua said:

hm that would work, but im suprised you didnt point out that even in grineer tiles on invasions/infested outbreaks the game still uses corpus infested for it

seems invasions are a bit outdated.