Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Conclave] Ivara's Navigator was Stealth Nerfed in U20; Please Increase its Multiplier

TheJadrimian

Currently, Navigator's damage multiplier is 0.5 in Conclave. You spend a hefty chunk of energy (often enough to rival an ultimate) for a power that deals half the damage you would have if you had saved your energy and attacked normally, assuming you can land a hit with Navigator – it's next to worthless.

Whilst there are a number of warframe abilities that could use some love in Conclave, this one is my personal bugbear; I used to adore it, and fixing it requires that only one number in the system be tweaked. Granted, prior to U20 its multiplier may have been excessive – I'd like to see it returned to a happy middle ground (1.0x perhaps) – but it was (and ought to be) a high-risk high-reward power. Choosing a position, lining up a shot and desperately trying to land a hit before energy runs out, or a roving Tenno ganks Ivara, used to be one of my favourite things, and I'd love to see Navigator saved from the scrap-heap.

6 hours ago, TheJadrimian said:

Currently, Navigator's damage multiplier is 0.5 in Conclave. You spend a hefty chunk of energy (often enough to rival an ultimate) for a power that deals half the damage you would have if you had saved your energy and attacked normally, assuming you can land a hit with Navigator – it's next to worthless.

0.5 is just the starting multiplier.
You will deal half damage if you use Navigator the exact moment your projectile hits someone.

Otherwise, the damage multiplier increases based on time elapsed and distance traveled.
Documentation states that growth rates are: 1.0 per second and 0.2 per meter.
Presumably, if you wait half a second and travel 5 meters, you will deal double damage. (0.5+1.0*0.5+0.2*5 = 2.0)
And if you take two seconds while travelling 15 meters, you will deal 5.5 times damage. (0.5+1.0*2+0.2*15 = 5.5)

I would think this multiplier becomes obvious after use of the ability.
If you find that the damage multiplier is not increasing, then that belongs in a bug report.

18 minutes ago, Neah said:

@SevenLetterKWord The current max multiplier is indeed 0.5x down from 5x, despite the growth rate being as is. 
This being a bug might be a possibility, but considering the UI & in-game tests are consistent, I cannot say for sure that it is.
Either way, the damage could use a little increase back to 1.0~1.5x.

A competent system would not have hard-coded UI variables, anyways.
Given the absence of corresponding patch notes, I'm fairly confident that this is a bug, and thus deserves a topic in the appropriate subforum.

Edited by SevenLetterKWord

@SevenLetterKWord The current max multiplier is indeed 0.5x down from 5x, despite the growth rate being as is. 
This being a bug might be a possibility, but considering the UI & in-game tests are consistent, I cannot say for sure that it is.

@(PS4)Xx-Ribbium-xX
1.5x multiplier is the threshold where most weapons that do not instakill on headshots will still be able to gain a considerable amount of damage, while not being instakill. i.e. Glaives, Javlok etc.

Explosions & projectiles from explosive weaponary also gain damage bonus from Navigator, hence making them being able to gain 'headshot' damage, however projectile damage only applies on direct hits. They are the ones that gain the most out of Navigator. 

On weapons that do instakill on headshots, e.g. : Bows such as Paris, Cernos and Daikyu will still retain their instakill ability, without needing to do so. 

Artemis Bow is an ultimate, and is meant to deal lethal amounts of damage, which cannot be compared to an ability that can be cast with 25 (+25) energy, where none other ability of the same energy tier possesses an instakill potential in a single cast, gimmick or not. 

Edited by Neah
Reply to Ribbium

On 6/7/2017 at 8:34 AM, Neah said:

increasing the damage multiplier to 3x would be perfect. i mean its a gimmick ability and hitting someone with an arrow in conclave with it should be rewarding for a player when using navigator. also if damage was a problem why is Artemis bow not nerfed?

On 07/06/2017 at 8:34 AM, Neah said:

@(PS4)Xx-Ribbium-xX
1.5x multiplier is the threshold where most weapons that do not instakill on headshots will still be able to gain a considerable amount of damage, while not being instakill. i.e. Glaives, Javlok etc.

Explosions & projectiles from explosive weaponary also gain damage bonus from Navigator, hence making them being able to gain 'headshot' damage, however projectile damage only applies on direct hits. They are the ones that gain the most out of Navigator. 

On weapons that do instakill on headshots, e.g. : Bows such as Paris, Cernos and Daikyu will still retain their instakill ability, without needing to do so. 

Artemis Bow is an ultimate, and is meant to deal lethal amounts of damage, which cannot be compared to an ability that can be cast with 25 (+25) energy, where none other ability of the same energy tier possesses an instakill potential in a single cast, gimmick or not. 

Artemis bow is 25 energy cast and drains roughly 30 (last I checked) energy per shot. Navigator drains energy for every second it's active locking the player in place rendering the user defenceless.

artamis bow on the other had makes the user into a killing machine while also allowing the user to use quiver arrows on alt fire adding even more killing power. 

The excuse you're trying the give by saying "it's an ultimate" means nothing. It's an ability that does a lot of damage while offering little drawbacks apon use.