Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mag: Some Much Deserved Tweaks

(PSN)LoisGordils

Meg is awesome. She just needs some tweaks here and there like almost every other Warframe :)

1. Higher energy pool (base 100 for a caster frame, really? -_-)

2. Polarize targets base armor/shields + knockdown. (Flat damage is lowered even further, but attacking base armor/shields means that it will take the same amount of casts to nudify enemies regardless of level. Kinda like Shattering Impact :p)

3. Enemies affected by Pull stop at a Magnetize bubble (annoying having them fly across one)

4. Using Crush near a Magnetize bubble will damage all enemies + cause the bubble to detonate prematurely

5. Pull has innate Greedy Pull. Greedy Pull is replaced with Disarming Pull (X% of yanking weapons off enemies) or leave GP as is and make Pull have a chance at disarming enemies :)

Your second and third suggestions are extremely welcomed (though the knockdown is probably not necessary). I'm more neutral to the first suggestion, not sure about the 4th suggestion.

5th suggestion sounds like asking for too much. Pull is already a very wide CC skill for 25 energy that doesn't require his caster's to be immobile anymore. While I would be neutral to the ability of pulling loot towards you, allowing it to disarm enemy might sound too strong. Even for an augment. Mag can already bring good CC and great damage through Magnetize. If the 2nd and 3rd suggestion are applies shi will also earn back her ability to strip shields and armor decently. I don't think she also needs to be able to disarm enemies as well... Unless you remove the ragdoll effect when the augment is equipped ? Pull could disarm enemies instead of ragdolling them. This could please a lot of Mag users.

Finally, I think Crush should also get something else to make the skill worth the use. Right now it's just a damage spell with a fairly long animation. Unless you equip the augment, it's not really such a useful skill. Crush should probably repulse targets away or something in the direction where Mag is looking at. And of course they should stop if they touch a magnetize bubble as well, like in your third idea.

1 hour ago, D20 said:

Your second and third suggestions are extremely welcomed (though the knockdown is probably not necessary). I'm more neutral to the first suggestion, not sure about the 4th suggestion.

5th suggestion sounds like asking for too much. Pull is already a very wide CC skill for 25 energy that doesn't require his caster's to be immobile anymore. While I would be neutral to the ability of pulling loot towards you, allowing it to disarm enemy might sound too strong. Even for an augment. Mag can already bring good CC and great damage through Magnetize. If the 2nd and 3rd suggestion are applies shi will also earn back her ability to strip shields and armor decently. I don't think she also needs to be able to disarm enemies as well... Unless you remove the ragdoll effect when the augment is equipped ? Pull could disarm enemies instead of ragdolling them. This could please a lot of Mag users.

Finally, I think Crush should also get something else to make the skill worth the use. Right now it's just a damage spell with a fairly long animation. Unless you equip the augment, it's not really such a useful skill. Crush should probably repulse targets away or something in the direction where Mag is looking at. And of course they should stop if they touch a magnetize bubble as well, like in your third idea.

looks like someone else agrees with the nudify ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

2 hours ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

4. Using Crush near a Magnetize bubble will damage all enemies + cause the bubble to detonate prematurely

Mag really needs some way to detonate Magnetize bubble manually. This would be helpful..

I always drop into these threads to say the same thing.

Increasing max energy is boring.  She has an energy orb generator.  It's stupid and counterproductive (why would I Pull people out of a Magnetize blast?).

Fix the energy orb generator.  Detach it from killing level 20 mobs with Pull and make it something she's always doing.  It synergizes with Greedy Pull and her passive, opens up neat builds where she can rely on Energy Conversion in a way most frames cannot.

This is good design space.  +Max energy?  That's for other frames.