Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming June 16: Devstream #94!

[DE]Rebecca

Dear Digital Extremes, you keep adding more guns and warframes and quests to a game with a broken effort-reward foundation. Current Warframe doesn't have even the most basic "carrot on a stick" structure. Players show up only during big updates because between those updates there's absolutely nothing to do in the game - and I mean NOTHING, since kuva, fissures, sorties and raids are the only extrinsically motivated gameplay modes available to us and half of them boil down to uninterractive parcour simulators with a fixed obligatory objective (Kuva, Fissures), and all of them in one way or another are timer-locked. To the point where Sorties are basically 15 minutes of gameplay once every 24 hours. 
 In this kind of context "Endgame is what you make of it," - sounds like a cheap excuse to never touch the topic most important to longevity of any game.
 So my question is: Will you ever give us an extrinsic in-game reason to play Warframe past starchart and quests? Because right now there is none.

My thread on the matter - 5500 views, 300 replies in a week's time:

Listen to the salty people, DE. They are the only ones who care. 

Spoiler

I'm writing this fully aware that I might be banned.
Will effort-reward system in Warframe ever be fixed? I honestly just want a reason to have fun in Warframe again.
 Please, fix the endless missions, DE. Bossters and relics didn't solve the problem.
 For veteran players after Void 2.0 there is currently zero incentive to farm new void gear just to oneshot lvl 12-50 enemies with another powercreep gun. For maxed out gear the only missions that provide any challenge are endless 8-12+ rotaton missions. But there's absolutely no reward for wasting so much of your time in these missions - boosters and relics could be obtained elsewhere way more effectively.   
 For a lot of players who left the game, - all my friends included, - after Void 2.0 there is absolutely zero incentive to farm more powercreep guns and warframes, when the highest level gameplay available is Sorties - which are 15-25 minutes of modified gameplay once every 24 hours. You could argue that we also have kuva and fissures, but those missions tend to sink to 5 minute parcour simulators till the extraction, with zero mechanical interractions outside manually picking up void traces and using (in kuva missions) a side mechanic that is never used anywhere else. Warframe's primary gameplay after starchart and quests boils down basically to short parcour races to the objective and then to the extraction. People don't want to stay in these missions a second longer than absolutely necessary.  

Edited by AperoBeltaTwo

Just a shower thought: is there a possibility of rework, that change the way we gain reputation with syndicates (having sigils equipped) and made it as we do with the Focus system (select the syndicate as 'primary')

1 hour ago, (PS4)mmcareen said:

Void Trace overflow.  Can we please have a over flow added to our Void Traces.  Basically if your limit is 500 void traces, you have 92 going in, and get a total of 602 in the mission, when you extract you would have 694 in your inventory.  Yes your cap is 500, so if you went down to your relic system, you'd see in red, 694/500, you would either have to use your extra void traces then, or lose them the second you left your ship, dojo, relay. mission, closed the game, didn't matter, they would be gone.  BUT at least this way you don't have to be like, time to leave, I'm capped on traces, you can keep going, keep having fun and still use ALL the traces you get in the mission.  You just got to use the extras right away :)

this would be nice like  when you  go over your riven mod cap, you get automatically prompted to discard or do something regarding the old ones

So as well all know, Prime Access/Accessories as been DEs "Bread and Butter", have you guys ever considered ever considered breaking up the Prime Accessories?  I know there has been a few posts about this, and I'm in complete agreement with it.  I love Warframe, I way too many hours in it, I would love to support the game but I can't justify spending $79.99(Canadian), on the Accessories bundle just to support you guys.  I'm not buying prime access, I like to farm my stuff, I don't need platinum, I'm actually at the point where even if I never trade another thing, I will never need to buy platinum.  I buy the 30 day boosters from the market, so the 90 day boosters are no good to me.  So its 80 dollars for 2 accessories.  I can't justify that, as well I'm sure a lot of other people can't either.  Have you ever considered selling just the Accessories, NO PLATINUM, on top of what you currently sell?

Spawn rates?  This has been asked for a long time, but what about giving us the option of changing the spawn rate of enemies.  As we know, more players in the squad, more enemies spawn.  This is very harmful for any solo player trying to farm resources.  Have you guys considered giving the host the option to set the enemy spawn, basically if a solo player goes to go into a mission, he can set his spawn rate at 1, 2, 3, 4 players, and even though his alone, the game will spawn enemies based on his setting.  This of course would only be able to be increased, so if 3 players go into a mission, then it can only be set for 3, 4..

I enjoy the way the operations are set up for the clans to work together, but I was curious if the system would ever include the Alliance members as well? Example. being in a team with alliance members and clan members count as same. i hope im asking this correctly. thank you 

Have you ever considered making a New Game Plus for Warframe.  So basically for someone like me, any other start chart planets, Lith and even Meso fissures are just plan boring as hell.  Was running a few vaulted Lith relics with some new clan members the other day, and after awhile I was just, already I got to get of Warframe, I was that bored.  So why not have a New Game Plus for Warframe, basically, after you complete your entire star chart, all your quest, and maxed out all the normal star chart frames, a more difficult star chart is born.  Earth starts at level 40 or 50, same with Lith, there would be a option to switch to the normal one of course, but it would be something to make the low level stuff more enjoyable as it wouldn't be low level anymore.  You could also make it so you get slightly better rewards, would be good motivation to do everything then.  No taxis allowed haha

Since Oberon Prime has been released, is there any plan to adjust eximus' loot table?
The Oberon's blueprints don't feel rewarding after defeat eximus, especially in long endless runs.

Oh, and I like the design of Sybaris Prime, looks sooooo goooood <3

Edited by Vecasra

So with attempt to make clans great again.  Have you guys considered giving Warlords the option to enable a second tab for their clan or alliance?  Some alliances are still pretty active, and to insure their alliance is actually helpful, they don't allow trading in alliance tab.  Having a second tab would enable those highly active clans or alliances to remain helpful and to allow trading.  Is that something you guys have considered?   If so why are ye against it?

Can we get the chat interface to stop clearing the edit bar after missions, and to stay open during load screens?  Also, the squad history should just note host/squad changes, not clear the existing text.  Mission end and load screens are prime squad-chat time.  No reason to hide the chat UI from us.

We need several such obvious and simple interface upgrades, really.  We shouldn't have to click "Mode" to get the warframe/archwing/conclave switch in the arsenal.  There are too few options there to go through such a slow switch interface.  Just put the buttons on the main screen.  Likewise, and even more significantly, we should be able to switch the A/B/C config on a weapon from the main arsenal screen and from the loadout selector.  Just putting A/B/C on the popup menu by "Appearance" would do wonders for convenience.  Mods should really say if and where they are equipped in the mod lists, both on gear upgrade screens, and in the Mods segment.  The mouse is WAY too slow everywhere in the ship UI.  Little stuff like this goes a long way to a less clunky game experience.

One more complex thing this game really needs is a nice little activity board.  A lot of the stuff that goes in in recruit chat is arcane and very opaque to new users, but so much of it could be trivially mechanized, making spontaneous group play more fun and inviting.

Finally, we have some very distinct power tiers in this game, with the catalyst/reactor upgrades.  There would be some significant advantage to giving people a way to lock themselves into similar-tier grouping, so for example, people without reactors don't have to play with ultra-frames who smoke everything before you can even look at it (and advanced players who want to help newbs might want another un-reactored frame to let them in the lower tier).  Obviously, you wouldn't force this exclusively, but as an option it has a lot of potential to balance the play experience.  I think some discussion here could be fruitful, since there will be a lot of different ways of viewing such an option in the community.

Edited by TyrianMollusk
Forgot to mention mouse slowness

Can we get the option to stay on a tab when loading in and our of a mission.  I'm in a small clan, so usually I like to stay in alliance tab, but then I load into a mission, it switches me to squad, so I remember to switch to alliance, finish the mission, it switches me back to squad.  I just got to remember, every single time I do something, its annoying.  Even just a simple set as default tab so it automatically switches to whatever tab I set would be good enough. 

Are those "Arachno Bots" you teased a few Devstreams back going to be implemented this year? Or it will be something comming much later?

Also want to ear about:

Archwing Races?
Transfer Passives from deleted frames - is it even possible?
Lock-on Glaives? - at least a mod that could do that would be nice.
Lock-on Odonata lasers? - because why not? It works for Ash's Bladestorm...
Operator only puzzle rooms or missions? - talked about a while back but what direction are you taking with the Operator?

TY guys!

Survival Extraction, so this has been brought up a number of times, extracting on survivals.  We need the option added that if people run to extraction, and other people want to go, instead of forcing everyone to extract, it would pop up the same as it does for deference and interceptions, extract or battle on.  That way, if 1 person wants to leave, he can go to extraction, 30 second time start, at the end of the 30 seconds, the little 15 second battle on leave come up, that person can leave, and anyone who wants to stay can stay.  Works for everyone.  Is that something ye guys would ever consider adding?

Have you guys ever considered giving us the option to forma only 1 config?  Basically, forma would work exactly like it does right now expect we would also have the option to make it only affect the current config instead of all 3.  This would help out with so many builds I want to do but can't as they don't work out with 2 of the other builds I have with that frame/weapon. 

Hello Tenno!

Devstream 94 is being postponed until next Friday, June 16th. A reminder that this will be the last Devstream until July 8th when we reappear for TennoLive 2017! This thread will be locked for now and another will be posted next week to house more of your questions.

Due to this sudden postponing, we will still run the Gift of the Lotus alert at 3 p.m. ET today.

Thanks for understanding and we will see you back on the couch next week!