Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming June 16: Devstream #94!

[DE]Rebecca

Wanted to know if:

1 - an option about never hosting a game due to poor upstream connection is conceivable?

2 - when the bugs after a host leave a game will be fixed?

3 - the void traces bonus when someone chooses your relic be a percentage bonus instead of +1 trace per person?

4 - do multiple instances of cooking pizzas (energy, health and ammo)?

Greetings and Salutations oh Fair Maiden @[DE]Rebecca and the rest of the amazing DE crew!

I was wondering if I might sit at your feet and learn from your wisdom about the intricacies of continuous beam weapons!.  Many ancient fables tell of these weapons in regards to their status per second being far inferior to normal weaponry.

May I inquire if perhaps a rework of such mechanics mayhaps be in the future of Warframe for these amazing examples of technology and power?  For example, if I may request a few talking points.

• Status per second versus normal weaponry applying via fire rate
    • most beam weapons are status weapons by default yet a single status per second really limits them
  • limited range is a severe drawback on most of these weapons yet no real advantage exists to compensate
  • critical chance beam weapons versus status counterparts
  • consider making all beam weapons ammo free like the Cycron
  • ammo consumption on most beam weapons feels very high
  • Beam weapons are BEAM WEAPONS yet most (excepting Quanta) require a light touch and a burst fire method of play rather than letting us use them as what they are continuous beam weapons.

Thank you every so much for your time and consideration. FAREWELL!!

Now I must ask as I do enjoy this part of the game and for the grand love of fashion frame will there be any new Prisma weapons and or frames released in the future? Now taking the prisma obex as a sign of weapons will there be any more prisma skins for warframes?  while I do enjoy my prisma excal I'd love to see a prisma titania or nidus as well.

With Kiste's repetition of mobile defense with the one tile there with the 2 tower consoles and one inside hallway every time you played MD there, and subsequently was removed for more dynamic locations. So how come the grineer mining asteroid mobile defense hasn't been changed yet? Every mobile defense mission on mining asteroids leads to the same result.

The 2 side rooms with a cryopod at the end of it making it a dreading feeling to play mobile defense on the mining asteroid tileset because it never changes. And in most cases, if theres 3 consoles, you have to now spend time defending 4 points instead of 3 due to the end catch of the cryopod making you spend far more time in mission than previous. Will there ever be time taken to address this in the future?

Will Continuous trigger mechanics ever get a rework? Currently the majority of continuous weapons are pitiful and being only able to apply status effects once per second limits the ability of many continuous weapons DESPITE constant release of status-focused continuous weapons/mods for continuous weapons (see: Cycron and Flux Rifle augment for status). 

A sub-category of them, continuous weapons that shoot lasers, seem to almost be discriminated against. They are almost all weak or have mechanics that seriously hold back any semblance of potential they had. The only ones that could hold itself through sortie 2 would be Synoid Gammacor (which suffers from massive ammo deficiency post-nerf so you have to bring Carrier/Ammo conversion), Atomos (whose unique chaining mechanic is it's sole savior, it won't work out against one enemy) and the Quanta/Vandal (where the alternate fire mechanic is vastly superior and thus defeats the purpose of using the beam normally). I'd put Convectrix and Phage in here, but Convectrix has ammo deficiency due to the time taken to focus the beams and it can be argued if Phage shoots tentacles or lasers.

Can we see some improvements in this regard?

Cheers

Lover of lasers

P.S: Opticor innate punchthrough please?

Edited by HyokaChan

Thoughts on allowing trade chat to be active in mission when in solo mode? Would give traders the chance to be more productive in game instead of just waiting in their ship or dojo. (I'd probably be farming mutagen the whole time :P  )

Edited by CiscoAtTheDisco

Will we ever have the ability to wear more than one syandana? Many will clash but some such as Officium and Reiji Syandanas would work together.

And/or can we ever have the ability to adjust syandana/armor positioning?

Given we have a dedicated Syandana tab now it could do with  being expanded upon.

Several devstreams ago, I believe Scott mentioned that arcane distillers would be removed and arcanes would be easier to swap. As someone who is starting to look into arcanes (and their prices on the market) it would be nice to have that flexibility. Is this still the plan? If so, do you have a timeline for this update?

Is there any plan to introduce the Assault mission type from the Kuva Fortress into the sorties? Is there any reason why it isn't there already?

Hello Devz!

Q: Have you ever considered adding a 'find squad' option to the Trials? It's not something that many have asked for, but the fact that we can now simply join (or be joined) in the hunt for prime parts has been one of the unsung heroes of the Void rework. Thank you for that one. Can we have one more change like that one? :)

Q2: What happened to TOMBS OF THE SENTIENT? 

Hey DE!

Any chance we will see updated corpus tilesets soon? For example a new pluto with a more factory oriented design (As suggested by cephalon fragments) - Maybe even something like this?

Either way, some new fresh outdoor corpus tilesets would be nice - Maybe without snow for variation? (For example a corpus asteoroid or something)

• Evacuation mission mode

This is still a thing, right, guys? It's weird there wasn't any information since The Pacifism Defect is over.

Assuming it's still WIP and since we got Limbo and Broberon buffed, are you taking into account their new powers, including Oberon's healing over time? Mass Stasis/Banish and Healing would greatly trivialize the task.

• Warframe Deluxe skins (Ember)

This one is a pretty delicate situation, but I wonder what happened to Ember Deluxe skin. Given said situation, is it off the table (due to contract issues or something) or it's just postponed? We had Chroma and Mag teasers, but so far nothing about Ember's Deluxe skin :S

• Shield Gate (SG)

So, how exactly it's going to work: will it trigger when the Shield is depleted, or when it hits, say, 20% of its capacity? And what the effects are: less than a second of invincibility or Damage Reduction for excess damage that hits HP after depleting the Shield? And as a trade-off of not getting one-shotted, will there be a cooldown for SG?

Also, since we sure will get the SG, do you consider adding "Shield Recharge Delay" stat? Shield Gate is good, but it fixes only half of the problems. Fast Deflection could be the best choice for turning it into useful utility mod: +Recharge Rate & -Recharge Delay.

• Slash procs ignoring Shield when it's not depleted.

Another weakness of the Shield that currently makes them obsolete. Will this awkward moment ever be addressed? First of all, Toxin bypassing Shield makes sense, but Slash procs don't (not unless we get a specific mod, something like "A chance to bypass Shields at the cost of reduced and physical only damage"). 

The purpose of the Shield is, to absorb, redirect or deflect the shot stopping it from damaging your Health. But if we get hit while the Shield is not depleted, then our Shield doesn't do its job at all, does it?

• A spartan knockdown madness

Have you guys thought of implementing a cooldown (CD) for knockdowns? There's little fun and so much anger when you can't fight back under random circumstances due to enemies knocking you down 24/7. There is a cooldown for enemy's powers like grappling hook/Radial Blast, and there are mods that increase the chance to resist it, but there's no CD for knockdown itself.

• Ambulas Reborn augments

How is it going with the feedback the community has provided and can we expect changes to ways those augments work? For example, Lanka's augment is limited to situational Drones/Ospreys that don't have a high priority to get destroyed first. Instead,  making it work on headshot kill would not only be a "skill"-based requirement but also would be really rewarding.

• Pure Status mods

I'm talking about 15-30% Status mods (Rifle Aptitude, Shotgun Savvy, Sure Shot, Melee Prowess). Why don't you make them the elemental mods' counterpart? And will they be looked at?

Currently, the situation is way too similar to Damage 1.0 with its rainbow builds, the only difference now is, that in order to get high Status chance we have to put up to 4 dual stats mods for +240% Status-% ending up with up to 3 elemental combinations along with physical damage. There's no way it encourages modding, it's just another mandatory situation. 

Turning them into Elemental counterpart (increasing energy cost up to 11 points as well as increasing Status chance up to 90%) would really encourage trying out the non-meta builds.

• Zephyr.

Were you thinking of implementing a "flight mode" for her? Tail Wind and Dive Bomb could be tied with bullet jump action in said mode (depending on cam angle, that's 2in1!) and Jump/Crouch could change your altitude, thus leaving us with 2 free power slots for brand new powers.

• Chroma, Spectral Scream and his passive

Were you thinking of turning his "colour determines the current element" into his actual Spectral Scream ability? Let's be honest, Spectral Scream is not a good ability at all: fancy effects with poor range, poor crowd control, poor damage which is 'damage per second'. It has zero purpose in actual gameplay outside the Mercury. Sadly, it's just as much gimmick as the old Super Jump ability.

Making it possible to switch the elemental themes (the way the Quiver and Minelayer work; dropping the current elemental bonus Chroma has) in-mission would improve everyone's experience as well as freeing a place for a better passive (even "increasing the Status chance for elemental damage types would be a much better bonus").

• Cernos Prime and Hikou.

Any plans on implementing two fire modes on these weapons?

Single-shot & spread shot for Cernos Prime

Spread shot for Hikou teased in Conclave Alert

• Colourable Wraith/Vandal weapons

Can a little bird please tease us what  weapon will be colourable next?

• Trials

Just wondering, is there anything new regarding the raid missions? While the Jordas Verdict can really be a nightmare mission while not being a "Nightmare Mode", many players wonder what kind of the Corpus Trial we'll get. 

Edited by Thundervision
There were the typos. Now they are gone... most of them.

Could we please get combinable accessories for operator example eyeguard with baro mask or glasses with earring and tiara. Also could we get gas mask voice filter foe the operator and a left eye version of the eyeguard

Please provide a semi-firm release window for harrow. It feels like quite a content lull currently and I'm psyched for the gameplay changes. 

Will you commit to not putting any more weapons or primed mods as login rewards? The time gate is daunting for new players. Cosmetics seem like an okay reward to preserve prestige without locking weapons and mods seemingly out of reach. 

Look! I have a whole textfile on my desktop just for devstream questions - and here they are:

Would it be possible to make the blueprints for Fieldron/Detonite Injector/Mutagen Mass have infinite uses and maybe with a lower building time? I know enough people – myself among them – who prefer to wait for an invasion because of all this. It’s just usually not worth spending that much resources and money on another resource, especially since you can get those for free?

Will you ever reintroduce the „Broken Light“ environmental hazard? Maybe as sortie condition on applicable tilesets? (And yes, I am aware some players will sent hitmen on my &#! just for suggesting that.)

Are there plans to make heavy weapons actually heavy? Like reducing mobility and stuff like that? So far “heavy weapons” are more like “sluggish weapons” imho. (maybe with dmg 3.0?)

Can you make the Dryad Bow’s arrow skin (from the Oberon Deluxe Bundle) usable separately from the bow itself? I really like the arrow skin and was kinda disappointed to find out I couldn’t use it without its bow.

Basically a similar request as the one above, though probably much harder to realize: Is it possible to make the orchid on Saryn’s Orchyd skin a shoulder attachment similar to the one Banshee’s Soprana skin has? I would love to use it on my Saryn P.

LET’S TALK ARROW SKINS – again. I think it would be pretty cool if you could unlock the “basic” arrows of all the bows by mastering it. Would that be possible at some point?

Do you consider to rework passives? Because some passives just feel lacking or even useless (Ember, Rhino, Zephyr, Limbo, to name a few) (Ember is not useless as much as simply too conditional, as it forces you to hurt yourself in order to use it, also it relies on opponents/surroundings)

Would it be possible to make the weapon selection in the arsenal have the possibility to filter them by weapon category? (Like mods in the mod-console, when you can display warframe mods, auras, augments, etc)

While augments are Warframe mods, can we exclude them from the display as warframe mod in the mod-console? (Same for auras)

In stream #92 you talked about the moa pet again – my question is will it be able to utilize sentinel guns? Like some kind of in-between between sentinels and non-sentinel companions?

Would it be possible to order your companion around? Like “stay here”, “go there” etc?

Why not just add passive vacuum to every frame? That way the choice of companion is no longer tied to “can it vacuum”? I mean everybody wants vacuum, so why not give it to them?

Thanks if you find the time to answer at least some of them! :D

My questions:

- A long time ago, when Wyrm and Shade were the only Sentinels, there was mention ( during Devstreams ) of Sentinels possibly hacking things for us. Has this been abandoned, forgotten, or just a low priority?

- Why do we give samples of Orokin technology ( Forma, Potatoes, Prime parts ) to Syndicates/Baro Ki'Teer? How does this maintain the Balance?
Please give me a lore-related reason to do this, even if only a little ingame queue of the Lotus giving me the OK to help out these Syndicates and/or Baro Ki'Teer.