Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 9.1.3

[DE]Rebecca

-Further improvements to preventing the Raptor fleeing the map*

-Further tweaks to Nightmare Mode Vampire missions to be challenging but playable.

-Potential crash fixes.

*Note: Seeing a lot of posts about Raptor drop date. What may be happening is drops are occurring out of bounds (or getting knocked out of bounds) and being teleported back to the center of the "Boss Arena". We will further investigate this.

Solo difficulty is becoming a rather pressing but somewhat forgotten matter

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/80417-curve-difficulty-according-to-the-of-people-in-game/

Thanks..!!!!

-Further improvements to preventing the Raptor fleeing the map*

-Further tweaks to Nightmare Mode Vampire missions to be challenging but playable.

-Potential crash fixes.

*Note: Seeing a lot of posts about Raptor drop date. What may be happening is drops are occurring out of bounds (or getting knocked out of bounds) and being teleported back to the center of the "Boss Arena". We will further investigate this. 

Is it at all possible that some sort of identifier might have been mistakenly mis-labelled during the push to get Raptor ready to play? These symptoms of items discarded by an NPC, teleporting under the terrain remind me of a problem I had making a Fallout 3 mod. Where my flying NPC's kept having their items sucked under the ground because I'd forgotten to change their identifiers from land-based NPC's. 

Edited by 11.11.11

Haven't tested Raptor drops outside (since the fix) - I pick at him until he comes into the last building before you get to him, Our squad got him twice in the last half hour and this time he drops it right on the floor where someone can get it. Previous to the fix couldn't find anything anywhere inside or out.

Edited by magusat999

DE: Let's do something new! How about a flying boss!? What could possibly go wrong?

Face it, Raptor is more trouble than he's worth. Three hotfixes so far and he can still one shot me into oblivion. Even if I do manage to kill him, he tends to drop absolutely nothing.

Other than that, glad to see another hotfix. Really hoping that some kind of toggle switch for Nightmare mode is implemented. It kind of sucks when I want to fa- er.. run a specific defense mission for XP on a new frame, only to find that it's in nightmare mode.

Vampirism:1% health every 3 seconds with each kill pausing health drain for 5 seconds instead of giving you 1/3 your health bar on kill. i should not be able to charge into a toxic ancient, stab it to death with my melee and come out at full health on ANY difficulty.

that's what it should be atleast......

Edited by LasersGoPewPew

Idea: Remove Vampire all together and do something different for Nightmare mode.

Not all frames have the same amount of health. This means that more fragile frames (like Nova and Loki) are more susceptable to dying between fights.

The whole health drain mechanic is terrible IMHO.

You might try draining Energy instead of Health, and doubling the amount of enemies.

No way, add more yes, take out vampire mode, NO! it is fun, the damage is a percentage so it does scale a little but otherwise use vitality or team heals if you are having trouble. it should be hard it is nightmare mode!

Problem isn't where Raptor drops, its IF it drops anything at all.

I've done over 10 rounds of Naamah now without getting a single drop from Raptor.

So had I before the update. But he could be dropping and you simply never see it because it teleports into a null space. 

Idea: Remove Vampire all together and do something different for Nightmare mode.

Not all frames have the same amount of health. This means that more fragile frames (like Nova and Loki) are more susceptable to dying between fights.

You might try draining Energy instead of Health, and doubling the amount of enemies.

you realize the health drain is percent based right?

^ This is an awful idea, as draining energy will do nothing to make the game harder... The whole point of Nightmare Mode is for high level players to have a HARD game mode to play. However, it does need some fixing: I think the best way to do it would be to make the drain function as a percentage (which I believe it already is) of a Warframes health as opposed to a flat rate drain thus making the drain amount equal for all frames; thereafter an ideal balance for the drain percentage can be found, which will create the hard-mode feel that they are looking for while still allowing playability for all Frames.

Edited by TheSeannachaidh

While you're fixing things, please fix the magma room's walls.  Twice now I've wall-run through them and can't get back out :(  At least I can shoot through the walls so I can pretend that I'm participating . . .

Not all Nightmare missions are vampire mode.