Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 9.1.3

[DE]Rebecca

Thanks much for this :D I was so happy to see that Vamp Mode was getting a buff in difficulty, because it was too easy before.  However, I went into a Nightmare Defense and my friend and I were dead before the first wave even spawned.

Just throwing this out there, but has anyone noticed that the life leeching seems to begin during the opening animation (i.e. as you fly toward your destination)?

Yes it does, which is really weird and cheap to be honest. The "timer" should have a fixed start.

^ This is an awful idea, as draining energy will do nothing to make the game harder... The whole point of Nightmare Mode is for high level players to have a HARD game mode to play. However, it does need some fixing: I think the best way to do it would be to make the drain function as a percentage (which I believe it already is) of a Warframes health as opposed to a flat rate drain thus making the drain amount equal for all frames; thereafter an ideal balance for the drain percentage can be found, which will create the hard-mode feel that they are looking for while still allowing playability for all Frames.

It already is. lol

You guys are working very hard. I feel bad from all the outcries happening constantly. Some are constructive feedbacks, but others are simply bashing.

In any case, thanks for all these hotfixes. Keep it up! We'll keep on reporting issues on our side while having fun (hopefully, at least I am).

At least people aren't accusing them of breaking the drop rates on purpose to force us to buy them anymore. That was just stupidity at it's finest.

Thank you soooooooooooooooooo much DE staff, once again, for the continuous hotfixes.

For the people who are farming Raptor, I think it's the RNG at work again. I hit 30 runs before I got my first BP and within 10-15 runs, I got the other 2 I needed, plus an extra helmet over the weekend, before 9.1.1. . considering that people say they get all the Nova bps in a smaller amount of runs while some say in a larger amount of runs tells me that that is how the game is made up. because it was the same case for the other bosses who tend to drop frame bps as well. and like Rebecca said previously, Raptor is no different than any other boss in terms of drop rates.

in short, DE cannot and should not increase the raptor drop rate. as long as his rates are the same for other bosses, you guys have to grind like the rest of us patient ppl. Please lay off of the demands to "fix" raptor. apart from how he used to run away, he was never broken.

again, the dedication shown by DE is outstanding. your hard work is truly appreciated and I hope you guys know and remember that. cant wait for the livestream. :D:D gonna farm me some rubedo.

You are presuming too much. This isn't "zomg Raptor drop rate is too low", this is "There's ample evidence that for some percentage of the player base Raptor is dropping absolutely nothing". Other bosses always drop 1-2 mods and 1-2 craft mats per kill. Raptor almost always drops completely nothing at all, and it is not a case of the drops simply scattering out of sight.

Edited by MrChupon

Personnally I'm not a fan of vampire nightmare mode, its too unbalanced.  fragile frames like mag and loki who rely mostly on shields can be easily defeated by just a few enemies were as more durable frames like rhino and excalibur will be invinsible. Particulary in missions against infested, if a toxic ancient gets within melee range its a death sentence for warframes with less health.

I would vote to remove vampire nightmare mode all together, it really doesn't make much sense to me, as well as adjust timed nightmare mode so that enemy kills give less time. I would suggest adjusting timed nightmare mode due to the fact that whenever I've played timed mode I've always been extracted from the mission with more time than when I started. I believe that adjusting timed mode to give less time for enemy kills will force squads to focus more on their objective and put more pressure on them to complete the mission in time.

It's not an out of bounds issue, at least it never has been for me. No drops appear at all. They don't go flying, they don't fall outside the level, they don't land in unreachable locations. They just do not appear. Ever.

I ran Raptor 143 times, I counted. For parts he dropped

Nova Chassis X 2

Nova System X 2

Nova Helmet X 1

I'm not making those numbers up, I've talked with some people that are reaching 200 runs that are still hunting for the pieces. And we killed him in the small room too ( Thanks to Loki ). He has a seriously LOW drop rate. Its absolutely horrible. I understand that DE doesn't want 5000 Novas everywhere, but this is a bit much I think. Hope this helps Rebbeca.

You are presuming too much. This isn't "zomg Raptor drop rate is too low", this is "There's ample evidence that for some percentage of the player base Raptor is dropping absolutely nothing". Other bosses always drop 1-2 mods and 1-2 craft mats per kill. Raptor almost always completely nothing.

Yes. That was my experience. Spent the past 24 hours running nothing but Raptor. He didn't drop often, and when he did we could never manage to get the chassis. After the first hotfix, we found that the probability of him dropping anything at all - be it parts, mods or materials - had increased. 

Raptor still has a chance to not drop diddly squat, and while this is out of character for the other bosses, I'm not sure how it's a problem in and of itself. You can get all the parts from Raptor, it'll just take a lot of effort and even more luck. Too much perhaps? DE is surely asking themselves that very same question right now. 

We need a "darkness" nightmare mode. We already have the flashlights on our Tenno, right? A mission where you could only see where your flashlight points seems like a pretty fun idea to me. (We are space ninjas.)It would force people to look around before going into a room, too (if they didn't want to risk taking some major damage.)I don't know how difficult this would be to implement since I'm no game-maker... but it would be awesome.

That is all well and good * no seriously thank you) but for the love of muffins WHY IS ASH NERFED? His armor is now 50% please tell me this was an oversight. By the way thank you for all you guys do please return ashes armor to 75%

Why?  It's not supposed to tank.  It's a NINJA!  It avoids getting seen and, lacking that, it avoids getting hit.  I'd actually vote to give it a "caster's" armor of 10 . . . It's not like it doesn't have abilities that make it invulnerable at times . . .

-Further improvements to preventing the Raptor fleeing the map*

-Further tweaks to Nightmare Mode Vampire missions to be challenging but playable.

-Potential crash fixes.

*Note: Seeing a lot of posts about Raptor drop date. What may be happening is drops are occurring out of bounds (or getting knocked out of bounds) and being teleported back to the center of the "Boss Arena". We will further investigate this. 

My game still crashes randomly, another hotfix coming soon?

Edited by xxxChan

You are presuming too much. This isn't "zomg Raptor drop rate is too low", this is "There's ample evidence that for some percentage of the player base Raptor is dropping absolutely nothing". Other bosses always drop 1-2 mods and 1-2 craft mats per kill. Raptor almost always drops completely nothing at all, and it is not a case of the drops simply scattering out of sight.

I agree about him not dropping mods almost all the time, but is that what is really frustrating you? No mods? No mats? this statement in bold can then be true for all bosses because it's the blueprints that are frustrating you people. there's people that had to farm Tyl Regor >100 times just to get 1 bp from him. they came here and submitted their concerns, but that's the game. Rebecca has already said that the raptor's drop rate is the same as the other bosses. random is random.

Again, for the blueprints, this is RNG at work. We cant do a thing about it, until DE does.

I ran Raptor 143 times, I counted. For parts he dropped

Nova Chassis X 2

Nova System X 2

Nova Helmet X 1

I'm not making those numbers up, I've talked with some people that are reaching 200 runs that are still hunting for the pieces. And we killed him in the small room too ( Thanks to Loki ). He has a seriously LOW drop rate. Its absolutely horrible. I understand that DE doesn't want 5000 Novas everywhere, but this is a bit much I think. Hope this helps Rebbeca.

Random is random people. some people get 1 bp in 3 runs, some in 30.

Edited by kalikilic

I agree about him not dropping mods almost all the time, but is that what is really frustrating you? No mods? No mats? this statement in bold can then be true for all bosses because it's the blueprints that are frustrating you people. there's people that had to farm Tyl Regor >100 times just to get 1 bp from him. they came here and submitted their concerns, but that's the game. Rebecca has already said that the raptor's drop rate is the same as the other bosses. random is random.

Again, this is not about RNG. If he's not dropping anything then it doesn't matter what his drop rate is supposed to be, because it's effectively zero. 

Yes. That was my experience. Spent the past 24 hours running nothing but Raptor. He didn't drop often, and when he did we could never manage to get the chassis. After the first hotfix, we found that the probability of him dropping anything at all - be it parts, mods or materials - had increased. 

Raptor still has a chance to not drop diddly squat, and while this is out of character for the other bosses, I'm not sure how it's a problem in and of itself. You can get all the parts from Raptor, it'll just take a lot of effort and even more luck. Too much perhaps? DE is surely asking themselves that very same question right now. 

It is impossible to derive his percentage drop chance of Nova parts from the sample size of anything less than a massive number of players reporting accurate data. Speculating as to the intended drop rate of the blueprints is silly, because it's just random guesswork. What we do know is that Raptor has a clear and significant change in drop behavior from every other boss in the game, past and current. Therefore the only question that needs to be directly answered is, is it INTENTIONAL that unlike every other boss in the game, he can drop absolutely nothing when killed? If yes, then there's a chance he's working as intended.

If no, then there's clearly a huge bug.

Becca another poster made a very good suggestion regarding the Raptor drops, he suggested doing the same thing when a mod drops out of bounds but have it show up in the green house in possibly in some sort of locker that only opens after the raptor is killed. Or my suggestion would be just have it show up in your inventory automatically. 

I think you've missed the point - The fact that his loot table odds have been stated to be reportedly the same as other bosses, except unlike every other boss, he frequently drops absolutely nothing, is a huge indicator that there is a problem.

This isn't just whining about RNG, because the RNG is only for the blueprints, NOT for the rest of the drops, which is a massive red flag that he is not dropping loot correctly. Imagine killing a boss in Diablo and he drops absolutely, literally nothing. Not a single item. Wouldn't that just absolutely scream bug to you?

Edited by MrChupon