[DE]Megan

Oberon Prime: Update 20.7.0

*sigh*
Do I really have to point this out with every augment released?

Chroma's Guided Effigy - This entire effect could easily be baked into the base ability.

Mag's Magnetized Discharge - The manual detonation could be baked into the base ability (The disarm is neat though, even if it is RNG-based, sadly)

Volt's Transistor Shield - The passive synergy could be baked into the base ability. Also, do I need to mention that picking up the shield needs a lot of its downsides removed for it to be of practical use (Massive energy drain AND duration-based? Reduce the drain a bit + make it pause the shield's timer. The slowdown is ok by me, but the "secondaries only" is a really boring restriction)

Excalibur's Chromatic Blade - Now THIS is an augment! I like this one (even if it restricts fashionframe a bit, but that's fine cuz it's an augment after all)

• Upvote 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Volt (Electric Shield)
Transistor Shield - Allies can pick up Electric Shield. 100% of damage absorbed will be added to Volt's Static Discharge. 

Hey! Thanks DE! For supporting a mediocre idea that has NOTHING TO DO WITH VOLT in the first place.

Because picking up shields is Totally why I chose the lightning themed frame when I started playing Warframe.

Edit:

Also. as a Volt fan it hurts to say this. But give Excalibur a blue color and Chromatic Blade, and you make Excalibur a better Volt than Volt.

Edited by Duduminador
  • Upvote 5

9 minutes ago, Azamagon said:

Volt's Transistor Shield - The passive synergy could be baked into the base ability. Also, do I need to mention that picking up the shield needs a lot of its downsides removed for it to be of practical use (Massive energy drain AND duration-based? Reduce the drain a bit + make it pause the shield's timer. The slowdown is ok by me, but the "secondaries only" is a really boring restriction)

The passive synergy is also pretty much a joke upon release, because static discharge has a damage cap, making it less than useful most of the time. I just don't get it.. nothing else I can think of in Warframe with such hard damage caps as static discharge and discharge. 

• Upvote 4

My chroma augment made it in? What is this sorcery? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Fixed the camera not keeping up with the position of the player while the menu is open, making it difficult to use the menu when falling/moving/flying/not looking back at explosions.

Best part of the update: Can finally use the menu when waiting in an elevator!

• Upvote 1

Chromatic Blade - Exalted Blade's damage type changes depending on energy color and status chance is increased by 50%. 

Fashionframe: ruined (kappa).

Wow these are really bad... The Excalibur one is kinda interesting I guess; but not too overly useful.

The rest though... 

• Upvote 2

EEEEE!!!!

More Mag love :)

Thanks for always workin on fixes and patches. keep up the awesome work :)

• Upvote 1

I accept these wonderful fixes as well as the new augments ;)

2 hours ago, TheCyberBrick said:

While I'm excited to try out that Mag augment mod, it feels much like a band-aid that should just be added to her ability instead of being a augment mod.

Yeah, but then they'd have to think of something more creative for an augment.  Much easier to determine what an ability should already have and make a mod out of it.

Like Chroma's Everlasting Ward augment.  "Should we figure out a way to fix this ability so people will stop nuking its range in favor of duration?" - "Nah, let's just make an augment."

5 minutes ago, OkamiMilo said:

Harrow date?

What:  Sworn to secrecy to preserve the excitement for TennoLive, we bring some teases this week as well as some usual Dev Build antics. Lurking on the calendar is Harrow’s release, and we’ll cover the contents of that update! As always we’ll get some Q&A in, so post your questions below! 

devstream

Posted (edited)

I'm beginning to think there will not be a dedicated augment slot for frames, and still no fix for the thumb button not working to go back in menus.

Also yay for my 100th post *self high-five*

Edited by Dreadnaught75

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Changed Fatal Acceleration to allow fitting on all Shotguns since trace-hit shotguns have their falloff altered by projectile speed Mods (this was already happening from Riven drawbacks).

Does this work on all weapons with damage dropoff? Mostly thinking of the Euphona Prime here.

2 hours ago, Noktin said:
  • Minimap position (Overlay map) resets to top left after "leave/stay" screen to default position. I find it more convinient for me to use minimap in right side of screen and has appropriate setting on, so why does it reset?

DE fixed this bug months ago.  It has been working correctly since February 1, 2017 when DE released The Glast Gambit: Update 19.9.0.

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed the right Nidina Leg Plate equipping on the left leg.

Although the right leg's thigh plate has disappeared on the left leg... but it is not appearing on the right leg itself. Does this means the right leg only has the calf part and not the thigh part, unlike the left leg which has both?

Can you PLEASE let us equip regular warframe armor on to prime warframes (i.e. oberon armor) because I prefer the less busy and sleeker look, and less metallics.

Why fix the Atmos mask being trade-able? that was an awesome thing !

guess we cant expect DE to give us actual cool features like trade-able cosmetics :/