Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon Prime: Update 20.7.0

[DE]Megan

I was initially excited about Magnetized Discharge, but after some thought I have some problems with it. For QOL I would want mag to be able to burst those bubbles early to keep other players from freaking the heck out, without an augment to do it. And.... I usually want the enemies to have the ability to shoot so they can increase the power of my magnetize, So im not sold on the disarming thing. That being said, I'm off to magnetize a group of enemies blast them with my hek and end the bubble early to see how fun it is. 

Really disappointed with the effigy mod choice. It isn't worth the slot and it doesn't change the mechanic of the power at all. I am confused by the amount of people suggesting the same thing in the design council when the thread was up and a lot of them asking for it to be a toggle ability that allowed chroma to be the effigy rather than separate itself from the pelt. It's like you guys literally ignored their suggestion and released something entirely worthless and not worth trading out the stupid press 2 and 3 build that most chromas run with by now and just solidified that play style.

Would you increase Mag's energy pool, already? She's the original caster frame and the rework made her super multi-stat-dependant, how have you people not figured out that she needs more than the bare minimum by now?

Edited by Aebara

8 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Mag (Magnetize)
Magnetized Discharge - Manually detonate Magnetize by recasting on the target. Enemies hit have a 50% chance to become disarmed. 

I'm sorry, why is this an aug? This is like Frost needing an aug to pop his snowglobes. I would be fine with it, if there weren't situations where much like snowglobe, magnetize can block shots with no way to remove it. Make this innate, please

8 hours ago, Jackal_Off said:

My Oberon build is solid. I'm speaking on behalf of all the players who can't afford to invest in Arcane Energize and can barely keep his 3 up during the entirety of a high level mission. Yes, you can definitely build him for efficiency, but you sacrifice his 2's duration (which, in end-game, is necessary for its status/knockdown/quick-thinking-stagger immunity) and your flat Armor buff and HPS become lackluster due to the lack of Blind Rage or Transient Fortitude. You rely on those two buffs to tank, say, a Kuva Flood while Rage spoonfeeds you energy. Else, you'll die or QT will activate and you'll lose more energy than you gained. Or your teammates will die because, well, your healing sucks.

If you do manage to fit in a high strength build, you won't be able to do much apart from keep his 3 up. Even with Rage, in lower level missions you won't take enough damage for Rage to compensate for your energy consumption.

I've bought Arcane Energize (Rank 3) and it gives you plenty of freedom in your build to replace efficiency mods with strength/quick thinking/what have you. Oberon is a hybrid Warframe. This freedom promotes and allows for build variety, and should not need to be purchased for thousands of plat, for a HYBRID frame no less.

This is coming from a player who don't use Arcane Energize (I have a set but refuse to use it) with Oberon as well as use Rage in my build. Before I got my AE set I was doing just fine without it and still am now. Instead of using things like Blind Rage and Transient Fortitiude, I simply used Growing Power, Energy Conversion and Intensify. If i really needed Energy that badly I also have Zenurik Focus running along side rage when im not using revive. If I needed energy that badly I'm willing to find that energy orb or take a few hits, having just 200+ armor isnt as bad as it sounds and my Regen with revive with Growing Power and Energy Conversion active does get in the 30s, My weapons of choice usually gonna be status related (Silva/Aegis Prime, Prova Vandal using Cyclone stance both using Healing Return or Hirudo) and then there my Diriga with Artax. With Diriga's Calulated Shot Artax will shoot 70m just for the proc alone so that will work keeping my Growing Power up.

My Power Strength is only 70% but with both Growing Power and Energy Conversion Active before cast my power strength should be 145% (my math sucks if that is multiped rather than additive) and I'm running zero efficeincy mods (i sometimes have efficeincy with zenurik casted but it isnt enough care about when on this build)

But overall I can hold my 3 for a while, I have more than enough Strength to run with and my 2 has a long enough duration for everything to come together and all of of doesnt need an Arcane Energize set to stay afloat. It will help but it isnt needed.

on volt, I agree that it need to change.. since it has trolling effect (i think you guys know it), how about making the speed augment to replenish the shield for him? i know that there one that making he do damage, having 2 mod on the same abilities is not defeat any augment function

on mag, why not making the magnetize getting bigger and explode by itself when use.. its change the game play on how you use the mag.

on effigy, just make the pelt follow the chroma! it has wing not rolling ball! having more sidekick working for solo chroma is good!

just an idea tho~

Thanks a lot for the tweak on excavation missions. i stoped doing them due to the spawn problem but tried one yesterday and the problem wasnt nearly as noticiably as it was before, i only ran out of enemies for short periods of time while i had 2 excavators at the same time. Thanks a lot for your time, it was really fun.

14 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

You were right the first time though, because Static Discharge (the passive), also has a BS damage cap that makes me want to put my fist through a wall. 

Agreed entirely.

Sadly, this looks to me like a lost cause.

I'm not sure whether or not this is a bug, but there seems to be no reload animation going on with the Cycron.  For something that seems to refill like petrol on a car, it seems unusual to stand there doing nothing. 

Edit: Also the RNG for Syndicate Hit Squad generation seems way off..  Out of 4 missions, I seem to have gotten two from one Syndicate in a row, followed by the other Syndicate attempt the same thing.  I mean, I don't mind the occasional excitement of a hit squad, but 4 missions, 4 times and 2 of each of the opposing syndicates seems a little much.  

Edited by MBaldelli
redundant sentences are redundant (and bug)

I love augments, especially the ones that actually gives allies some benefits, i like that Volt Augment.

But overally, i hate the fact i have to replace a mod with the augment, a necessary mod. DE, its 2017, time to add to warframes one last slot for just augments. Please.

• Now held weapon occasionally disappears from hands. And you have to switch/parkour to bring it back.
  • For some reason corpus can't activate alarm in cloud city, or simply there is no alert that it is actually active

As much as I like Mag augment, I think the manual detonation should be on the base ability. Common, why must it take a mod slot to do such basic thing? This make the mod like a bandage mod. OH and please increase her energy pool, she's a caster and she has less energy than Chroma, which a tanker?

Edited by Windy_Wind