Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon Prime: Update 20.7.0

[DE]Megan

49 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Volt (Electric Shield)
Transistor Shield - Allies can pick up Electric Shield. 100% of damage absorbed will be added to Volt's Static Discharge. 

How does this interact with Discharge's [censored] damage cap?
Is it fair to assume that it doesn't, meaning the cap's hit sooner?

Disregard this.
Read Discharge, thought ult.

Ash’s Fatal Teleport Augment will now only rotate the target so their back is facing you (before would rotate to front or back) since many weapons don't have frontal finishers.

Better band-aid than nothing.
I assume this means giving more enemies and more weapons more finisher animations isn't on the work list?

Fixed Specters not receiving the same Energy regeneration upgrade that the previous Solar Rail Specters did.

giphy.gif

Edited by Chroia

Mag (Magnetize)
Magnetized Discharge - Manually detonate Magnetize by recasting on the target. Enemies hit have a 50% chance to become disarmed

Because disarming enemies makes damn sense in context of ability which main feature is attracting bullets

These augments are disappointing as usual, unfortunately. 

The good: the excalibur augment may be good for some builds. Doesn't fix that spamming exalted blade gets boring due to having 2 combos. The Chroma augment sounds good for long play but usually it's easier to recast in a defense scenario. 

The bad: magnetize is a damage dealing ability. Who cares about disarming? Setting aside that volt currently can't carry his shield in any meaningful way because the energy cost is hilariously high, this provides little utility and more annoyance. Using this means teammates can at will waste a shield. Additionally the bonus fills his passive which scales awfully poorly because it applies to one attack and the cap is too low. 

The very bad: augments in general. I would never use any of these in a serious build because they're situational and general mods are more useful. We don't have open mod slots.

Augments won't matter until we have a free augment slot or multiple augments per ability and each player can choose which augment they want for each ability. 

Further the only real augment here is the exalted blade one. The rest could just be normal functionality. 

Thanks for the fixes! 

Will volts augment only provide damage based on damage absorbed by *equiped* shields or will it also work for dmg absorbed by shields simply placed in the world?

Was really hoping the magnitize augment would just synergize it with pull: pull now pulls enemies towards magnatize bubbles and not towards mag. 

Keep up the great work DE. 

Always excited when I see patches.

Edited by TANTO_17
spelling

38 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Excalibur (Exalted Blade)
Chromatic Blade - Exalted Blade's damage type changes depending on energy color and status chance is increased by 50%. 

Mag (Magnetize)
Magnetized Discharge - Manually detonate Magnetize by recasting on the target. Enemies hit have a 50% chance to become disarmed. 

Chroma (Effigy)
Guided Effigy - Cast and hold to make Effigy move to your aim point. Deals 2000 damage per second to enemies in its path and roars on arrival stunning nearby enemies. 

Volt (Electric Shield)
Transistor Shield - Allies can pick up Electric Shield. 100% of damage absorbed will be added to Volt's Static Discharge. 

So Excalibur gets a somewhat alright mod if you don't mind messing with your fashion frame. Still need to know how it will interact with the mods on our melee weap. 6/10

I don't get the aug for Mag, as magnetize helps with projectile defense and gets a dmg boost from projectiles themselves so why would she disarm them? Does not seem like much thought was put into this. 1/10

Unless Effigy gets an overhaul that makes building for it worth it, no one is gonna use this more than once. plus holding and waiting on something that is consistently draining my energy? I can get behind the intent of the mod but it needs to drop the "hold" bit and you guys need to overhaul Effigy itself. 5/10

Just what this game needs. A mod that lets people mess with your gameplay. Plus the only augment it provides is for the passive, which i honestly forget its there 90% of the time. 1/10

• Ash’s Fatal Teleport Augment will now only rotate the target so their back is facing you (before would rotate to front or back) since many weapons don't have frontal finishers.

But this is gonna revert once you guys add frontal finishers to the rest of the weaps, right? i mean i liked that it varied between the two. i don't want it to consistently repeat the same one.

Honestly, these augments seem like a waste of effort on your part, and for a .7 update is quite dissapointing and the only thing keeping me going this week is that i get zenith in four days. but hey, thanks for the fixes i guess.

Edited by OddEyes.Bahamut

The first half of the mag one really should just be innate, but I'll have to test and see how lenient the targeting is to make sure it's not too easy to accidentally remove the bubble when I want to cast a second on top of my first. Really, we probably should just have an option to press and hold 2 to detonate all magnetize bubbles instead of wasting a slot for an augment.

I like the disarm thing though, it means a max range mag with minimal strength and duration is usable now as a fun alt build.

3 minutes ago, OddEyes.Bahamut said:

I don't get the aug for Mag, as magnetize helps with projectile defense and gets a dmg boost from projectiles themselves so why would she disarm them? Does not seem like much thought was put into this. 1/10

All of the damage from the ability comes from detonation. Prior to this augment, Mags had to wait for her 2 to run out for the explosion, meaning that a bunch off players (including me) ran low-duration sets for max damage potential. Now we don't have to cripple duration and can choose when to make it go boom. This is a feature people have wanted for a while, but I dunno if it really should have been an augment. The second disarming half, sure, but the detonation really should be innate to the skill.

43 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Volt (Electric Shield)

Cool augment and all but... what good does it do with Static Discharge having a damage cap of 1000? This would be a lot useful if not for that gimping damage cap that makes static discharge nothing more than a gimmick. 

51 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

• More fixes towards the Sukira Prime Syandana being too floaty.

Does this fix the fact that the syandana refuses to go near any warframe's back that isn't oberon?
Currently tried it on every other warframe I own and there isn't a single one where the scarf isn't held a foot from their back by the single pole into the back.

Edited by -CM-Phantom

50 minutes ago, Jackal_Off said:

Hey guys, wanna hear a joke?

Oberon's energy economy! (unless you can afford Arcane Energize)

I was about to say I don't get it but then I remembered I can afford Energizes.
#humblebrag

31 minutes ago, Chroia said:

How does this interact with Discharge's [censored] damage cap?
Is it fair to assume that it doesn't, meaning the cap's hit sooner?

Disregard this.
Read Discharge, thought ult.

You were right the first time though, because Static Discharge (the passive), also has a BS damage cap that makes me want to put my fist through a wall.