Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon Prime: Update 20.7.0

[DE]Megan

3 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Fixed a case where Ash’s Fatal Teleport target may move too far away during the casting animation for the finisher to succeed.
  • Fixed a case where some tilesets would block Ash’s Fatal Teleport finishers.

Finally!

Since new update, I cannot activate Liset Air Support in rescue sortie. Normally it would activate and slow down, but not pause, the timer. As it has done for a long time now. 

After today's update, I tried to activate it in rescue sortie after timer started, it Ordis told me there were no security protocols active. 

What is going on with this? Was this left out of the patch notes? Because it's not there... or is it broken accidentally because of something else? 

Excal's ult boils down to "Spam E" and is in a sore need of an update. The design council tosses you a bunch ideas half a year ago for fun things and you take this long to just give him something that is really boring to use?

You ACTUALLY do this when doing stuff like giving Chroma an ult changing augment that changes the gameplay? Come on guys.

Edited by WhiteCopain

Idk if its me, this map, the update, or the quest. Doing solo corpus excavation on the final Limbo Theorem, it turned into a ghost town once I got to C.
And I don't even mean just that extractor, no new mobs spawned anywhere. Luckily I had just enough energy things nearby to run to and run back and got the blueprint.

Edited by Eivy

Kinda surprised which shield augment idea finally made it, could've sworn it'd be shock / shield synergy making the latter stop enemies passing through at least once via electric proc, possibly comsuming the shock in the process...

Well at least now since you've decided against that you can make it an inherent feature like alot of people hoped it to be before the rework ;) ...

That being said i actually appreciate the idea of making Volt more supportive, i think this augment will prove useful... IF you readjust some of the severe penalties for holding a shield that is ;) (most favourably the immense energy drain). The bonus to his passive... Well, why not. 1000 max still won't even be noticable even midgame but hey, i'll take it.

Speaking of Volt's shield, that makes me think of...

hotfix 17.4.2.:

"Fixed Volt’s Electric Shield giving every ranged projectile a 70m default range. Important note: we will be revisiting the design to allow for interesting range interactions with Volt's Shield and guns ASAP."

Sooo... any word on when "ASAP" is gonna be? :)

4 hours ago, Cinntax-Error said:

Wanna hear an even bigger joke? Learn to play :D

My Oberon build is solid. I'm speaking on behalf of all the players who can't afford to invest in Arcane Energize and can barely keep his 3 up during the entirety of a high level mission. Yes, you can definitely build him for efficiency, but you sacrifice his 2's duration (which, in end-game, is necessary for its status/knockdown/quick-thinking-stagger immunity) and your flat Armor buff and HPS become lackluster due to the lack of Blind Rage or Transient Fortitude. You rely on those two buffs to tank, say, a Kuva Flood while Rage spoonfeeds you energy. Else, you'll die or QT will activate and you'll lose more energy than you gained. Or your teammates will die because, well, your healing sucks.

If you do manage to fit in a high strength build, you won't be able to do much apart from keep his 3 up. Even with Rage, in lower level missions you won't take enough damage for Rage to compensate for your energy consumption.

I've bought Arcane Energize (Rank 3) and it gives you plenty of freedom in your build to replace efficiency mods with strength/quick thinking/what have you. Oberon is a hybrid Warframe. This freedom promotes and allows for build variety, and should not need to be purchased for thousands of plat, for a HYBRID frame no less.

Also, your joke was bad.

Edited by Jackal_Off

4 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

The passive synergy is also pretty much a joke upon release, because static discharge has a damage cap, making it less than useful most of the time. I just don't get it.. nothing else I can think of in Warframe with such hard damage caps as static discharge and discharge. 

Its in DE's best intrests to keep Volt as useless as possible. That is why they implemented a damage cap to a CC ability, which is shorter duration than all CC abilities already, but with the damage cap it lasts an ASTOUNDING 4 seconds! Amazing. :D And now people can pick up his shield, and become slow like him! Win, win! 

Edited by Nareg300062

Good fixes.  'Bout time with those airlock doors, as I've seen that issue for YEARS.  It was always funny to me.

3 interesting Augs there.  I love the flavor to the Chroma mod, the Excal mod makes me jealous a bit, and Mag's mod looks like it might be usable.

As I've mentioned for about a year now, Volt Augments are a waste of time and coding effort.  Unless he sees MORE reworking (or unless we get more mod slots on 'Frames), he has NO SPACE for something that trivial.  Moreover, he's not the only 'Frame with that issue.  Look into the STILL undying rework thread for more on that.