Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nidus

(PSN)Mahd2_7

I use Blind Rage instead of Transient Fortitude on Nidus. Combined with Intensify and Power Drift (plus his passive buff) he gets 250% power strength. I don't use Rage on him because it becomes useless as soon as you gain 1 stack and link to an enemy for 90% damage reduction. Inaros is the only frame I ever use Rage on.

I noticed Nidus' first ability's cost scales up/down with efficiency, as well the the energy he gains per enemy hit. So building for efficiency is not very useful on him except for his second ability so you can spam it.

But I rather just slap Rage and Primed Flow on him to gain and hoard energy upon getting hit. So long you don't tank on his efficiency so much, that makes his 1, and 2 too expensive.

Edited by PierceSG
I forgot his 1's energy returns also scales up as your efficiency goes down.

considering that I'm a Zenurik user, I have the Rage mod on my Nidus (everyone should), his 3 and 4 don't use energy and Nidus gains some energy back with successful uses of his 1, I'd say efficiency is not a problem :)

pile on everything else: strength and duration mostly, for a long lasting and healthy maggot Garden. little bit of Power Range to keep larger Areas better covered.

16 hours ago, PierceSG said:

So building for efficiency is not very useful on him except for his second ability so you can spam it.

But I rather just slap Rage and Primed Flow on him to gain and hoard energy upon getting hit.

The best use of his 2 is to group the enemy together for (multiples of) 1. But with any decent enemy level, assuming the required numbers, you end up getting more back from the 1's anyway.

Not using flow (first) and rage (second) appears to be a kind of initiation rite of passage for Nidus fans. One month in and I've managed to drop flow in testing, and I'm working on rage now. But I'm still using an energy siphon as a backup just in case. Partly for not having better Aura, partly for having an energy creation backup, just in case.

This is one of the best frames they have come out with for a long time. It's a pity he is relatively selfish in PUG play.

6 hours ago, PierceSG said:

He's not exactly a selfish frame to play, that would be a stasis Limbo. :P

I'm disappointed to say, that I disagree. I cast my 2 and pull them all in. I'm running decent range, so it's really good CC. If other players are following me around to hit the clusters my 2 creates, then I'm clearly taking something away from them. This isn't like my Nyx, where the CC leaves them where they are, and everyone gets their share.

Stasis Limbo is another matter entirely. That's sociopathic, not selfish.