The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thank you for the Mag augment

booty_hunter

4 hours ago, DrBorris said:

Except that being able to manually detonate orbs should be part of her base kit...

I thought about this before the update, was on the fence, but now that it's possible I probably won't play with it that much. So I disagree with you, because I'm not finding the manual detonation to be that useful. Magnetize deals incredible damage, but it comes from storing up weapons-fire over time. Manual detonation cuts that time down, so her 2 ends up dealing quite a bit less damage than it would if the duration expired naturally. I've gotten comfortable enough with her kit that I can pretty reliably make use of natural detonation. Not at 100%, but reliably. The damage is comparable if I detonate the bubble a few seconds earlier than the natural expiration, sometimes, but having that extra few-second leeway just isn't worth the Mod slot for me.

Don't get me wrong, though, I like the augment. It lets me play Mag in more mobile missions (like Exterminate), and the disarm opens up the skill as a nice utility power.

6 hours ago, SenorClipClop said:

So I disagree with you, because I'm not finding the manual detonation to be that useful. Magnetize deals incredible damage, but it comes from storing up weapons-fire over time. Manual detonation cuts that time down, so her 2 ends up dealing quite a bit less damage than it would if the duration expired naturally.

Manual detonation is not about damage. Removing the bubble allows the team to shoot where they want without any problem. Have some consideration for others.

Edited by yles9056

3 minutes ago, yles9056 said:

Manual detonation is not about damage. Removing the bubble allows the team to shoot where they want without any problem. Have some consideration for others.

Exactly why I got it as well. I would get raged at in chat sometimes because of my bubbles. Most of the time, players know to dump as much damage as possible in them, but you get a few who are actually upset about their gameplay getting disrupted. Now I don't have to sacrifice duration or range in my builds and can make huge bubbles, detonating it when my team needs me to. 

10 hours ago, yles9056 said:

I do. I am always very choosy about where I place my Magnetize zones and have never once received a complaint from teammates about them.