The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Top frames to get/ work on for high level content?

Rebel230

Question

I would like some help deciding which frames I should be investing more in as far as adding forma spots and working on the better mods etc.

I would really hope some of the frames I enjoy are in that list, but only having played for 2 months I need your help. 

The frames I have so far:

Mag Prime at 30

Nyx Prime at 30

Nova Prime at 30

Banshee Prime at 30

Oberon Prime 

Nekros Prime at 30

Volt Prime

Ember Prime

Saryn Prime

Trinity Prime

Nidus at 30

Octavia at 30

Limbo at 30

Equinox at 30

I find I like to play Mag Prime (the new mag augment looks interesting), Nova Prime, Ember Prime, Octavia, Limbo and Equinox the most of anything I have played. I have finally unlocked the Sedna junction from Pluto. I have just finished the second dream and I am starting the war within. Of these frames or possibly a frame I do not have yet, which would you all suggest I add a forma mod spot or 2 or 3 or 4 to 1st to have as my primary frames for more high end content? I have not scored any primed mods yet but I have added the reactors to all for the extra mod capacity and I am following builds from late 2016 or 2107 so there as current as possible from popular Warframe you tuber's. I'm farming for or buying the non primed mods etc etc.

I would appreciate any advice as to which frames will serve me well to focus on 1st.

Thank you 

6 answers to this question

Like junyynyyn said, it depends on what high level content you're talking about. It also highly depends on your play style, and general way of doing things. I'd have some different suggestions for you depending on if you wanted to solo, play with friends, or play with pubs. Also if you wanted something offensive, supportive, all-around, or something. I'd recommend Oberon, because he hasn't failed me after maining him for 11 months, but I won't assume that he's ideal for anybody just because he's ideal for me.

High level content is basically being ready for sortie, solo or with a group of terrible players you have to carry.  You should have: 

1. A Frost for doing Frost stuff: excavation, mobile defense, etc.

2.  A high damage output frame: Mesa is my personal favorite but there are a bunch of choices.

3.  A non lethal crowd control frame like Nyx or Vauban or Nova for when the enemies are tough but you don't have to kill them.

4.  An invisible frame for spy and speed running:  Loki is the best, Ivara is slower but can do some vaults faster, Ash works in a pinch.  I've heard some players are using Octavia in this role now but I haven't seen it yet.

You can also start building up niche frames.  Trinity is always welcome in sortie or raid groups for energy restore.  Limbo is really useful on sortie defense, Lua Spy, Kela de Thaym assassinate, and a few other things but his rework has made him really annoying to play with and you won't be welcome in groups.  Ember is useful for running low level content but her damage falls off quickly at high levels.  Titania can cheese parkour mastery rank tests.

I don't find the role of tank to be necessary most of the time.  Frames like Mesa with her 95 percent damage reduction can stay alive just as well as a tanky frame while having a lot more firepower or team utility.  Rhino is the best in my opinion because he also has a good team buff and some crowd control.  Wukong with enough energy can actually stay immortal through his Defy power.

Edited by (XB1)ThermalStone

My go-to "do everything" frame is Ivara and she's my main...because:

1) Perma stealth is her "tank". You get around the movement speed penalty pretty quickly by rolling/jumping or using your zip line.

2) All enemies are open to stealth/finisher damage due to sleep arrows...and the dagger & CL combo scale indefinitely. You'll still be killing quickly when most others struggle...all the way to super late endgame.

3) Flexibility! She's actually amazing for public games if you're a bit creative. I can create vantage points with zip lines, easily revive mates due to cloak arrows...and even cloak them. During rescue missions I can cloak the NPC. I can open up entire hordes to finisher damage for the entire team and remove all damage. 

4) Double loot thanks to prowl.

5) Sexy :D

You already have Equinox so I don't have to tell you how great she is...apart from being ugly. Calm & frenzy and a dagger & CL combo can carry you into very late game. 

My other endgame frame is Nidus, but he's not great for rescue missions and other missions where you have to be super mobile...or if you plan on blitzing missions. Having said that, he can't die...like, you have you F*** up really badly for him to die. All you have to do is really capitalise on the synergies between his abilities.

Nidus stack building:

1) Link up to improve your tank, deal twice as much damage and also build stacks twice as quickly.

2) Drop your maggot garden (4) to further improve your tank and that of allies. Maggots also improve your damage AND help you build stacks (a lot) faster.

3) Drop the squid (2)

4) Hold your 1 until maggots latch on to your squidball of enemies...and then release. Builds stacks super quickly this way and you're basically your own Trinity when it comes to regenerating energy. 

I mostly play Nidus when I'm drunk because he can't die. I have to die 7 times in a row without rebuilding my stack at all before I go down for good. 

Edited by (PS4)Radehx