The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

stealth gameplay needs a rework.

death390

the god damn game is advertised as "ninja" why the F*** does stealth game-play not work for the most part? we have a several vents on tiles, silencer mods for weapons (which don't work on most non-1-shot weapons because auto alerts after 1 pellet of multishot), and an alert system but stealth gameplay is absolute S#&$. stealth kill enemies for double experience stacking up to +500% (6x) if done in succession, thats it thats all of stealth gameplay? other than the spy missions alert in their one tile section that has no influence from outside that particular tile?

there is no reason to do ninja stealth gameplay 99% of the time, with 60% of the weapons (only melee , as well as 1-shot weapons) on almost ANY tile other than spy missions. i play stealthy for the enjoyment of the difficulty but the majority of gameplay is run and gun. i understand why several mission types have difficulties updating to stealth defence, current survival, and assasinate. HOWEVER EVERY SINGLE GAMEMODE can be updated for stealth, lets start with the difficult ones.

Assasination: secondary objective that affects boss in some way but can't be gotten unless a alarm has NOT be set off at all. Raid/sortie version has multiple secondary objectives that at LEAST one must be completed to even affect the boss.

Survival: 3 man distraction squad 1 person steals. works like normal survival but the person stealing must take the mobile defense package andtraverse the level moving to spy tiles (3 total). at the tile entrance inserts the item into a computer that locks the entrance door and opens the spy tiles when only 1 person is in the room. scaling would make it so that the longer it goes on the hacking becomes more difficult, harder enemies, shorter alarms (down to instant spy section fail). each spy tile done gives 1 point if found 2 if stealth. each set of 2 points gives one reward and each tile can only be activated once per 5 minutes.

Mobile Defense: not setting off a alarm reduces the number of enemies who come when completing the objective. extra bonus if no alarm tripped who level

Defense: stealth/parkour that when completed helps defenders. the trick is that if the hazards (camera/lazers/ect) are tripped it makes it harder and the fact that it takes you away from the defense objective.

Capture: stealth takedown on the target, extra bonus if no alarm is tripped whole level.

Rescue: kind of standard operations for me to avoid conflict in these anyway, just give a bonus if no alarms tripped.

Sabotage: if no alarms tripped shorten timers/ less enemies to defend agaist, again if no alarms tripped a bonus.

as for bonuses for MD/Cap/Res/Sab bonuses, affinity /credits/a few rare resources (depended on world tier)

The issue with stealth is mostly the AI. The reason it is not really viable for most gameplay is due to the heavy nerfs it received to XP gain while in stealth. If the AI got fixed, and we got proper XP and rewards from it, that would be a nice step in the right direction.

fissures are straight designed to be run and gun i agree that they would be impossible to have those be stealth. the one problem with AI is how long  it takes to stealth kill. ecause as soon as 1 pellet hits instant alert. they could add a slight delay to the alert so that more weapons could actually stealth kill.

the AI already patrols, and such. although infested would be extra difficult to stealth run due to the hive mind mentality.

re-spawning shouldn't be an issue since the only way i have been able to find enemies spawning behind me is if a alert sounds.