Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Aevitas the Warframe of Time

DeadNexus_

-=AEVITAS=-

Aevitas is a Warframe based around time and dust, use your first and second skill to weaken and take down enemies. Collect dust from their bodies and use the dust to create a copy of yourself or heal yourself.

-=BACKGROUND=-

Aevitas is the Warframe that controls time itself. With the orbs in its palms it can shred open a time portal which can increase and decrease the age of any object or thing. Its power source is the ash of the dead, the Orokin would cremate dead workers to fuel this Warframe and use it for their own doing. Even tho Aevitas has lost the ability to restore objects or things, when he collects enough energy from the dead he can easily reverse all damage done unto itself. Aevitas is an immortal Warframe of high power but low combat capability.

Aevitas will be powerful in all endless mission types because of its passive to collect Dust and use its abilities with it.

-=STATS=-

• Skill Strength: 100%
  • Skill Range: 100%
  • Skill Duration: 100%
  • Energy Efficiency: 100%
  • Sprinting: 1
  • Shield: 100 (Rank 30: 150)
  • Armor: 200 
  • Health: 250 (Rank 30: 400)
  • Energy: 100 (Rank 30: 180)

-=ABILITIES=-

• Passive Ability - Aging Touch: Aevitas collects dust from dead enemies who were marked with the 'Aged' proc, increases armor the more dust he has collected.
  • First Ability - Time Rift: Aevitas fires a bright blast from its palm, all enemies hit by this have a chance to be procced with Aevitas special 'Aged' proc. Aged proc lowers the enemies defense and attack slightly and deals damage overtime. The attack itself has mediocre damage. Killing an enemy that has been marked with the Aged proc turns into dust when killed.
  • First Ability Aug - Cronobreak: Enemies hit by Time Rift won't be able to move for 1-3-5 seconds.
  • Second Ability - Disturbed Aura: Aevitas corrupts a patch of land with the Aging effect, enemies that walk in here will be slowed and gain damage overtime. Killing enemies which are in this area gives Aevitas more dust to collect. This skill has a huge area of effect.
  • Third Ability - Empty Vessel: Aevitas creates an empty vessel from the dust he has collected. The vessel will attack all enemies that come near it. Its health is decided by the amount of Dust collected at the moment in percentage.
  • Third Ability Aug - Dust Caller: Recalls Empty Vessel to him, all enemies that the dust cloud of the Empty Vessel passes through will be inflicted with the Aged proc. The percentage of the Empty Vessels total health will be granted back as Dust to Aevitas.
  • Fourth Ability - Endless Reset: Aevitas uses all the Dust he has collected to heal himself, the percentage of the amount of Dust collected decides the amount that will be healed. Aevitas can heal himself completely.
  • Fourth Ability Aug - Lost Recovery: Aevitas shares the amount healed on himself to all squadmembers, which means each member gets 25% of the total health Aevitas would have healed himself with if he did not have this augment.

I tried to make something pretty with the drawing, I hope this will do.

1yHkP0W.jpg

Edited by DeadNexus_

your text is super pale and hard to read.

also neat idea but may not be powerful enough. i feel like the first two should slow or stop enemies by default instead of needing augments for that.

for the third one maybe make your construct take a small percentage of the damage dealt to you instead as your frame seems on the flimsy side with stats.

Edited by Wrum

1 hour ago, Licitaqua said:

neat idea but considering the number of warframes based off mythology why not just name it chronos?

Because 99% of all the time frames are named after that stupid thing. I'm glad the OP picked something [slightly?] more original.

As for the OP: I came in here ready to make a quip about 'another Time-frame,' but I'm pleasantly surprised. The mechanics are interesting, and the art is well done. While I have zero hope for him to be added in, hopefully someone in DE sees this and draws inspiration.

Nice idea, but... another tanky frame? I mean, we recently got Nidus and Valkyr Prime (and Inaros, wich is a bit less recent) in addition to Chroma, Wukong, Rhino/Nezha/Frost, regular Valkyr, Atlas and even Mesa. Plus, we already have a "time-frame" since Limbo's rework. Not 100% time-based, but still. Yours seems more "dust-based" than "time-based", kinda like a mix between Inaros and Limbo. Just my personnal opinion tho.

So, the abilities.

The 1 and 2 seems pretty decent and it looks like they synergize well. The 3 looks good, but I think the Augment should be part of the actual ability. Since it's kinda like Saryn's Molt, but as a 3rd ability, I think it wouldn't be too much. 

and then there's the Ult...

I have to admit, it looks pretty meh. It feels like Equinox's Mend if it used Nidus' Stack system, but for the user only, unless you waste a mod slot for an Augment and even with it, this ult would still be pretty weak compared to almost every other squad-healing abilities. Something must be done about it, but I don't really have any good idea for now. I'll try to find something helpfull to make this comment a minimum constructive, but it might take some time as I'm not really good at this ^^'.

Perhaps we could consider merging certain aspects of our time-based frame ideas.

Would you mind if I made it so the first ability in mine was a time rift that "ages" enemies who walk through it, and causes enemies who are killed to leave behind piles of dust, with which Caesium will regain either the health back from the last strike he received or the energy back from the last ability he cast?