The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This Game is Boring

artemisfortune

1. What are the top things you Like/Appreciate/Love about Warframe

• It being instance based.
  • Variety of weapons/frames.
  • Cosmetic cusomization.
  • Mostly reasonable grind (not a classic mmo grind).
  • The modding system potential (beyond just increasing numbers).

2. What Existing Gameplay Aspects & Features should be top Priority right now? 

• Rebalance enemy damage/durability and our damage/durability (this would include reworking all the cheese from enemies and frames).
  • Make tiles more appropriate for parkour (what's the point of wall grabbing right now?).
  • Make all non-starter weapons similarly viable and make all mods similarly valuable (this would include massive changes to mod numbers).
  • Make content tailored to different progression levels (boss ttk, damage, how far an endurance run is reasonable, etc.) so missions feel challenging and fun.
  • Merge archwing with regular missions (and make it feel a bit more like Freelancer or some other space dogfighting game), nuke sharkwing from orbit.

Here are the top three things I would love to see that would probably keep a alcoholic happy:

One, your load-outs have stopped in number but you keep making new frames so you keep seeing (often) similar top 10 frames.  I have a Fire chicken, she has a firechicken and probably everyone else as a example of what is in probably alot of 10 top load-outs.  I want to see one per frame.  I think this would benefit the game, I think you could give us 10-20 free slots and then make the rest 5 plat each.  Not the gamers fault you have stopped giving ups room to try new things.  And in a quick game like this it needs to be load-outs. 

Two, MMO's are living games, I don't consider a system that has been in place for years Beta... Like The lens afinity types.  Though most love Naramon I think some of us would use the others IF they were tied to load-outs.  Sure make us spend the points in the operator mode whatever.  But in a quick game its not only inconvenient and slow to switch every-time some of us never switch in fear we may forget.  I am old I dam sure will forget which I am using unless I can save it to a frame.  I think this is way overdue and could be fairly easily implemented, just like number one.

Three, with part of its roots in shooters and part in MMO's I don't see why we don't have more of the stuff that fits most shooters and MMO's customization UI settings and stuff like different huds and targeting sights to choose from. 

And one for the road.  Diablo 3 which a few people play let the player customize which position (1-4) a skill is in.  I think some of us that love multiple frames might appreciate changing Each frames ability number not just all.  Like maybe I would like my stealth ability in the same place on Loki, Ivara and Ash... just saying as a operator that controls space ninjas I think I could figure out how to customize all three to fit me better.

Also I am guessing this Chains of Harrow and Tenno.con coming up keeps everyone way busy but I had planed on posting this on Twitch with DE_Steve but hard to catch a space ninja...

Yeah, this game is definitely boring, I have about 3k hours on console and like 45 hours on PC. Only reason I've picked up Warframe on PC is because I thought it would be different. But nope. It's shoot, craft new items, do MR test, Extract. Over and over and over. Only thing that has been fun for me is Endless survival and dare I say it. Arch Wing. I've also haven't been playing for a while. Been playing alot of Blade & Soul.

10 hours ago, The_Doc said:

1. What are the top things you Like/Appreciate/Love about Warframe

• It being instance based.
  • Variety of weapons/frames.
  • Cosmetic cusomization.
  • Mostly reasonable grind (not a classic mmo grind).
  • The modding system potential (beyond just increasing numbers).

2. What Existing Gameplay Aspects & Features should be top Priority right now? 

• Rebalance enemy damage/durability and our damage/durability (this would include reworking all the cheese from enemies and frames).
  • Make tiles more appropriate for parkour (what's the point of wall grabbing right now?).
  • Make all non-starter weapons similarly viable and make all mods similarly valuable (this would include massive changes to mod numbers).
  • Make content tailored to different progression levels (boss ttk, damage, how far an endurance run is reasonable, etc.) so missions feel challenging and fun.
  • Merge archwing with regular missions (and make it feel a bit more like Freelancer or some other space dogfighting game), nuke sharkwing from orbit.

Holy $h!t  !!!! 

You just pointed out my nr1 of all times space game... "Freelancer"... ♡

Ofc agree to all your other points as well.

---------

I see everyone

got good points. Most over we all even share 2-3 points we want WF to focus on first and as soon as possible.

Other Game creators won't stop to improve threire games. WF needs to go into its next evolution. Focusing the game it selfe. I even would love to see for the rest of this year NO new weapons ect. So we maybe get for Xmas a big great update to 1 or 2 big points which will improve WF heavily. I tend to say just 1 big core point totaly focused to get as much as possible deeper thoughts into it. Focusing is all. It will need time. But in the long run it is worth it!

If there's one more thing I could add onto this idea-pile, is that I believe certain tile-sets need to be able to interconnect, like the woefully outdated Corpus Ship set and the Grineer Galleon set. Space ships should be able to interconnect for practicality's sake if nothing else.

15 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

Please don't take a line from a good article out of context.

"People who tell you you’re awesome are useless. No, dangerous.

They are worse than useless because you want to believe them. They will defend you against critiques that are valid. They will seduce you into believing you are done learning, or into thinking that your work is better than it actually is. Especially watch out for the ones who tell you that nobody understands your genius.

Honestly, this is going to sound horrible, but self-doubt is one of your most powerful tools for craftsmanship. None of the designers you admire feel self-confident about their work in that way. None of them think that they are awesome. They all suffer from impostor complexes the size of the Titanic.

I am not saying that you need to lack confidence in yourself. (Heck, you’ll never put anything out if that’s the case! You need to have the arrogance to assume anyone will care in the first place). I am saying that nobody is ever done learning, and people who tell you you have arrived will give you a sense of complacency. You should never be complacent about your art."

^^Here's the context. It's something that I try to stop myself from saying every time I hear people defend this game and devs while going ape sh*t personal on me and the people I agree with.

Edited by AperoBeltaTwo

8 minutes ago, AperoBeltaTwo said:

"People who tell you you’re awesome are useless. No, dangerous.

They are worse than useless because you want to believe them. They will defend you against critiques that are valid. They will seduce you into believing you are done learning, or into thinking that your work is better than it actually is. Especially watch out for the ones who tell you that nobody understands your genius.

Honestly, this is going to sound horrible, but self-doubt is one of your most powerful tools for craftsmanship. None of the designers you admire feel self-confident about their work in that way. None of them think that they are awesome. They all suffer from impostor complexes the size of the Titanic.

I am not saying that you need to lack confidence in yourself. (Heck, you’ll never put anything out if that’s the case! You need to have the arrogance to assume anyone will care in the first place). I am saying that nobody is ever done learning, and people who tell you you have arrived will give you a sense of complacency. You should never be complacent about your art."

^^Here's the context. It's something that I try stop myself from saying every time I hear people defend this game and devs while going ape sh*t personal on me and the people I agree with.

Appreciated.

1 hour ago, Boatsniper said:

Also, I would insist that people give this article a read: https://www.raphkoster.com/2013/10/14/on-getting-criticism/

This is indeed a very very well written string of text with deeper thoughts. Thoughts... that everyone should keep in mind when we get critics or want to give critical feedback(s). Realy lets someone rethink some own thoughts. Thanks also from  me. I love such smart stuff with deeper meaning.

Edited by P0Pz

I think it would help this game stay fresh if DE made fighting each faction feel different, yes I know that there are differences between each faction, like for example having shield or armor, or different special units(bombard, nullifer, ancient and  so on), and different types of damage work better on different factions but fundamentaly you can for the most part ignore differences between factions with weapon with good build, like for example if you have soma prime with good build you wont have to care about differences between factions until very high level, I rarely change build on my weapons when I bring them to sorties to fight against level 140 enemies which shows how little differences between factions matter.

What more lack of difference creates plot hole in game universe: how corpus faction can throw as many human soldiers as grineer who clone themselves, this is big plot hole lore wise which is confirmed in game, by our operator: "The Corpus use robotics; They never fight for themselves."

Lore-wise corpus should be fighting mostly with their robots, instead of sending their soldiers, I am not saying there shouldnt be any humans but they should be much more rare then their robots, humans should be mostly technicans and people like that.

What I would want to see is for each faction to fight differently, for example:

Grineer - large amount of (cannon fodder) soldiers 

Corpus - smaller number but of more advanced robots, less enemies to fight then grineer but harder to fight thx to more advanced technology

Infested - should be much more dangerous faction, then currently, faction that gives of 'horror' feeling(and I am saying it as person who is bad with horrors, I dont mean that there should be jump scares which I hate, I simply mean that they should feel like a faction that was created to fight against sentients), kinda like xenomorphs(alien) or zerg(starcraft),  instead of being treated like just another faction they should be more like nigh-unstoppable force, any battles won against this faction should be felt like great success in preservation of people we tenno protect but at the same time people in warframe universe should feel like they are still on brink of extinction from this faction. In a way I would want this faction to feel very lovecraftian, a danger coming from the stars.

4 hours ago, A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n said:

Destiny is not Warframe's competition. Warframe has no competition.

That's why warframe has gone so bad lately. There's nothing to compare to. If Destiny was f2p there would have been a reason to compete with them - even though it's a really meh game from what I've seen. But at least there would have been an alternative. A reason for DE to actually give 2 sh*ts about the playerbase.

Edited by AperoBeltaTwo

1 minute ago, AperoBeltaTwo said:

That's why warframe has gone so bad lately. There's nothing to compare to. If Destiny was f2p there would have been a reason to compete with them - even though it's a really meh game from what I've seen. But at least there would have been an alternative.

Destiny has one thing Warframe doesn't, a complete and tight experience.

7 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

Which isn't necessarily a good thing. Tight expierience, if I understood you correctly, means that when you complete all the planets and all the quests you have nothing else to do. Games like that get incredibly boring incredibly fast. And as far as I'm informed, PvP in Destiny is kinda meh, so it doesn't work as an endgame either. So it means that the game suffers from content fatigue immencely more than even Warframe. 

The problem with current Warframe is that it tries to become Destiny-like with quests and linear progression. Which is all kinds of dumb - it's like dumping the game's primary advantage into the garbage. What advantage? Warframe is built to be random. Random expierience provides more variety. The more random it is, the more there is variety. The less content fatigue affects the players - the less new gear and guns are required, freeing the devs to do actually useful gameplay tuning.

Edited by AperoBeltaTwo

4 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

Considering that you are paying for it up front, it should.  I will put this one in the personal preference category because to me Destiny is a FPS and I don't like most FPS games.  Other thing is that to me Destiny was a poor copy of Borderlands 2.  

Warframe is neither of these things.  

2 minutes ago, AperoBeltaTwo said:

Which isn't necessarily a good thing. Tight expierience, if I understood you correctly, means that when you complete all the planets and all the quests you have nothing else to do. Games like that get incredibly boring incredibly fast. And as far as I'm informed, PvP in Destiny is kinda meh, so it doesn't work as an endgame either. So it means that the game suffers from content fatigue immencely more than even Warframe. 

The problem with current Warframe is that it tries to become Destiny-like with quests and linear progression. Which is all kinds of dumb - it's like dumping the game's primary advantage into the garbage. What advantage? Warframe is built to be random. Random expierience provides more variety. The more random it is, the more there is variety. The less content fatigue affects the players - the less new gear and guns are required, freeing the devs to do actually useful gameplay tuning.

I mean tight as in the gameplay functions as it should. PVP in destiny gives actual rewards that carry over to PVE, including experience, also I've had it for about a year now and I'm not even close to done.

Destiny as an experience only cost me a total of 60 dollars, and has been more fulfillling than Warframe. However, Bungie is a huge dev company with many games under their belt, but to pretend like their game isn't good after all is said and done would be silly if you're saying Warframe is better. Warframe isn't. I mean it's all opiniions at this point, so who really cares. They're different games. You can compare them, but what for? Destiny works because it had direction when it started. Nothing Destiny does could be brought over to Warframe and have it work. Warframe lacks direction though. Something desperately needed at this point.

2 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

I mean tight as in the gameplay functions as it should. PVP in destiny gives actual rewards that carry over to PVE, including experience, also I've had it for about a year now and I'm not even close to done.

Destiny as an experience only cost me a total of 60 dollars, and has been more fulfillling than Warframe. However, Bungie is a huge dev company with many games under their belt, but to pretend like their game isn't good after all is said and done would be silly if you're saying Warframe is better. Warframe isn't. I mean it's all opiniions at this point, so who really cares. They're different games. You can compare them, but what for? Destiny works because it had direction when it started. Nothing Destiny does could be brought over to Warframe and have it work. Warframe lacks direction though. Something desperately needed at this point.

Warframe has a better core imho. But I guess, I should play Destiny myself before judging it, and not after just watching a playthrough.

On 7/3/2017 at 7:10 PM, DatDarkOne said:

Other thing is that to me Destiny was a poor copy of Borderlands 2.  

I was thinking about this the other day while playing Destiny. As someone who 100% Borderlands 2, I can't agree with this sentiment at all. The only similarity that Destiny and Borderlands 2 have in common is they're both First Person Shooters with damage numbers and enemy health bars. Destiny is not really a lootfest in the same way Borderlands 2 is. In BL2 you're getting a new weapon every second. Hell, it was one of their selling points. In Destiny once you find a weapon you like, so long as it's a certain rarity level, you could keep that gun and have it power up with you through the rest of the game. On top of that, even the shooting mechanics and abilities differ widely, with an entire subset of each class being devoted to movement abilities in Destiny. And where as BL2's skills and abilities required you to perform some kind of precursor action, Destiny's skills are more focused around upgrading and trading off 3 main stats which the game is built around. BL2 is mostly about power creep which again the game is built around, so it works.

Both are great games, and I could keep the difference going much longer, but they aren't the same at all. You cannot really judge a game without playing it. I assumed Destiny sucked too before I played it. I was wrong. You're free to not like it, but don't like it for good reasons.

Edited by JSharpie