Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This Game is Boring

artemisfortune

@Elvangreen @trunks013 

Guys, I do the same thing to people who make threads like these. Go take a break, come back after a few major updates, things'll be different. How true has that been? It's not something new. It's a new way to do the same thing. Plus, is that the mentality we want? "Oh there are glaring problems in the game just go play something else until their fixed." We need to be more vocal about what we all perceive as wrong. Not just me, not just anyone.  We're a community. We need to work with DE.

The game was fun for me when i just started playing it. I saw a lot of options.

But after a while (a year after) i just recognized that there aren't as many options as i initially thought.

So many weapons are absolutely the same, the only difference between them are their skins.

So many frames have abilities which do the the same thing and the only difference is the animation (but have exactly/almost exactly the same functionality).

So many overpowered weapons that were released in the last year that can one shot/one hit enemies but the difficulty stays the same. No increase in difficulty whatsoever but more powerful equipment? I will never understand the thought process behind it.

Many planets, but same 7 mission types (defense, survival, sabotage, spy, interception, exterminate, capture).

And omg how i excited i was when they started talking about the Sentients and that they want to put them in game (It was before Second Dream). I thought "Yes, finally a new faction." and then they released 2 enemies and 1,5 years later no addition to that faction whatsoever. Absolutely nothing. But 6-7 new enemy types to Corpus and Grineer faction. And some weeks ago in a devstream they again talked about a new enemy type (that spider thing) and it's again for Corpus. 

Edited by Sarcasm4Free

Its not that this game is boring.... It is that you've (hell most of us, myself included) been playing this for way too long. 

I don't know of any game I've played for this long that wasn't fallout modded to death.

I tend to enjoy this game a hell of a lot more when I put it down for awhile & come back.

I could be wrong & I'm not running with the statement as fact but that is where a lot of people I know have found themselves.

1 minute ago, JSharpie said:

@Elvangreen @trunks013 

Guys, I do the same thing to people who make threads like these. Go take a break, come back after a few major updates, things'll be different. How true has that been? It's not something new. It's a new way to do the same thing. Plus, is that the mentality we want? "Oh there are glaring problems in the game just go play something else until their fixed." We need to be more vocal about what we all perceive as wrong. Not just me, not just anyone.  We're a community. We need to work with DE.

You are correct, however unfortunately so far the main flow of the community's pressure has been against change, with veterans who see the problems commonly moving on rather than trying to fight against the tide.

Just now, Elvangreen said:

You are correct, however unfortunately so far the main flow of the community's pressure has been against change, with veterans who see the problems commonly moving on rather than trying to fight against the tide.

Despite my boredom with the game, I won't move on. I care about this game. I think a lot of us do.

11 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

I've been holding in these feelings for awhile, defending DE's decisions. And it's not like DE is doing anything wrong. I don't think I've had the guts to make drastic changes in their shoes. This is their livelihood. But if we stay silent, we can be damn sure nothing will change. So I, like a lot of people, had to try too.

I agree here. I've always been a staunch defendant of DE, but I too think that they should try and actually go ahead and do what they need to do, rather than continuously rely on community support to get things done.

For what I can se (ingame profile wise) a lot of you haven't played so much as to have this kind of opinions, and have more posts than hours played. Maybe you should just get more ingame and less into the forums 'cause this is were things get discouraging, reading people compalining instead of playing. 

Umm...the OP and further posts suggest BDO as a decent and enjoyable grind, but then also include "Combos are flashy, taming horses is fun, farming, fishing, crafting, it's all there and all interesting."  Yet, Warfarm (yes, War"Farm") reflects BDO in having flashy melee combos and such.  Having played BDO, I know that a majority of the mob farming is repeating the same series of combos on a group, and perhaps doing it with friends.

The OP suggests the devs take a risk by setting a level cap or changing combat up a little, but in the end, the combat "feel" is going to stay the same.

I'm not sure the OP actually wants DE to modify the game mechanics, but instead add things like taming animals, fishing, and more involved crafting.

Just now, BLI7Z said:

For what I can se (ingame profile wise) a lot of you haven't played so much as to have this kind of opinions, and have more posts than hours played. Maybe you should just get more ingame and less into the forums 'cause this is were things get discouraging, reading people compalining instead of playing. 

I have over 500 hours in mission, and over 1200 hours in game time. I have every weapon and frame except for Oberon Prime and his Kit.

Just because I can't play this game 24/7 doesn't mean these problems don't exist, doesn't mean the game is headed in a good direction, and sure doesn't mean my opinion isn't valid.

10 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

@Elvangreen @trunks013 

Oh i think you might have got me wrong here.
I agree warframe need something new something to give tenno something else to do and that will be different from what we currently have.
If its something on larger scale or even the "Tenno search the ship for supply" kinda mission.
Having more interaction with the world asside from just killing.
Rebuild our relays and have a real interaction in them allowing us to lets say save some colony and npc are in the enviroment near the relays.
Adding something like a space chess game that tenno can play agianst each others.
Evacuation missions where you just need to save as much civilians as possible.
More quests ? More love for simaris ? 
Archwing races ?

I mean yeah DE must do something because if we just take breaks we wont make the game better.

Edited by trunks013

Just now, JSharpie said:

I have over 500 hours in mission, and over 1200 hours in game time. I have every weapon and frame except for Oberon Prime and his Kit.

Just because I can't play this game 24/7 doesn't mean these problems don't exist, doesn't mean the game is headed in a good direction, and sure doesn't mean my opinion isn't valid.

Go fish and craft and have furry pets on MMORPGs then... or BDO you talk so lovely about. If with only 600-700hs in mission you feel bored, it might not be the game for you. I'm getting close to 2k hours and I love the grind and farm, and never get bored, so I don't understand. 

3 minutes ago, BLI7Z said:

lol more play times means your just do more missions nothing else doing more missions wont make the game fun

;c

1 minute ago, Nighttide77 said:

Umm...the OP and further posts suggest BDO as a decent and enjoyable grind, but then also include "Combos are flashy, taming horses is fun, farming, fishing, crafting, it's all there and all interesting."  Yet, Warfarm (yes, War"Farm") reflects BDO in having flashy melee combos and such.  Having played BDO, I know that a majority of the mob farming is repeating the same series of combos on a group, and perhaps doing it with friends.

The OP suggests the devs take a risk by setting a level cap or changing combat up a little, but in the end, the combat "feel" is going to stay the same.

I'm not sure the OP actually wants DE to modify the game mechanics, but instead add things like taming animals, fishing, and more involved crafting.

Warframe's combos are anything but flashy. Most of the time the animation speed is so fast I really don't see the animation at all. I don't want the combat feel to change, I want options. I want melee to function more like a Character Action game like Devil May Cry or Bayonetta. I want shooting to be more fleshed out. I want skill to be involved. I want a light cover system, I wouldn't even mind real stealth gameplay, or fixed spawns. Or at least missions with fixed spawns. But it isn't about what I want. It's about what we as a community talking about where the game is. Not making demands, but raising awareness of issues we have. And aggressive posts like this accomplish nothing.

3 minutes ago, BLI7Z said:

Go fish and craft and have furry pets on MMORPGs then... or BDO you talk so lovely about. If with only 600-700hs in mission you feel bored, it might not be the game for you. I'm getting close to 2k hours and I love the grind and farm, and never get bored, so I don't understand. 

Its not about how much time we spent in game or mission.

I'm a casual player and i started 3 years ago. I dont even have more than 1000hrs in mission game but when you keep track of how many hours i have outside mission thats just ridiculous funny ( i'm over 3000 hours in total LOL )

still the point is valid we need more diversity dont you agree ?

Edited by trunks013

Just now, trunks013 said:

Its not bout how much time we spend in game or mission.

I'm a casual player and i started 3 years ago. I dont even havem ore than 1000hrs in mission game but when you keep track of how many hours i have outside mission thats just ridiculous funny ( i'm over 3000 hours in total LOL )

I'm talking about mission hours. Go play, get out of the forums people. This is what destroys DE, so much people not playing and being here rabbling.

2 minutes ago, BLI7Z said:

I only relate BDO because that game has a worse grind, yet is still more enjoyable. At least for me. It's this negative hostility that is a huge part of the problem. If you haven't gotten bored, great. I'm happy for you. I, and I'm assuming many others have. That's the conversation we need to have. Why it's boring, and at least supplying DE ideas on how to change it. Something to build off of.

22 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

Only they know what they want, but they should just do that. Do what they want. Not constantly appease us. Take a risk. Do something.

Completely agree.  I feel like a lot of potential is simply flushed down the drain for fear of what would happen if they completely changed something, or made something completely different and new.

Just now, JSharpie said:

I only relate BDO because that game has a worse grind, yet is still more enjoyable. At least for me. It's this negative hostility that is a huge part of the problem. If you haven't gotten bored, great. I'm happy for you. I, and I'm assuming many others have. That's the conversation we need to have. Why it's boring, and at least supplying DE ideas on how to change it. Something to build off of.

I see you as a negative passive agressive. At least I say things as I want, and not disgise the as "constructive criticism, but F*** you, do what I want because I don't like this game with only 700hs of playtime"

Just now, Xekrin said:

Completely agree.  I feel like a lot of potential is simply flushed down the drain for fear of what would happen if they completely changed something, or made something completely different and new.

Right? And i'm not saying the community should have no say, but we should supply ideas as a jumping off point and DE take them and spin them into something that fits their ideas for the game. Because right now we have something akin to Call of Duty's Zombies instead of being space ninjas. It's Left 4 Dead with more customization and magic abilities.

Just now, JSharpie said:

Right? And i'm not saying the community should have no say, but we should supply ideas as a jumping off point and DE take them and spin them into something that fits their ideas for the game. Because right now we have something akin to Call of Duty's Zombies instead of being space ninjas. It's Left 4 Dead with more customization and magic abilities.

You keep on comparing to other games and I don't see that you have good stats. Only a lot of posts and a founder pack... experience? I don't see that.

Just now, BLI7Z said:

I see you as a negative passive agressive. At least I say things as I want, and not disgise the as "constructive criticism, but F*** you, do what I want because I don't like this game with only 700hs of playtime"

Where have I said do what I want? I've said the opposite, through this entire post. You can see none of my posts are edited. Go reread them. I've talked about pointing out the issues and supplying ideas and letting DE take it from there. Right now I view them as scared to change too many things and it's hurting the game, at least in my opinion. I'm not asking for them to add fishing or anything non combat, I'm adding for revitalized combat. No more endless for the sake of endless. Instead lets have a set level cap, and balance our gear around it as I stated in the OP. Lets have real bosses. Lets have just something new.

On 6/9/2017 at 11:12 PM, BLI7Z said:

You keep on comparing to other games and I don't see that you have good stats. Only a lot of posts and a founder pack... experience? I don't see that.

Would you set a restriction on feedback, based on hours played? We are merely presenting our views, experiences, and opinions.

EDIT:   I can safely say i am unlikely to leave the game anytime soon, but i can see why others would.

-Snip-

Edited by Elvangreen