Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This Game is Boring

artemisfortune

Just now, Elvangreen said:

Would you set a restriction on feedback, based on hours played? We are merely presenting our views, experiences, and opinions.

Ok, just got bored of this. Keep on feeding other trolls =) I'm going ingame. 

3 minutes ago, BLI7Z said:

You keep on comparing to other games and I don't see that you have good stats. Only a lot of posts and a founder pack... experience? I don't see that.

Damn dude. XD. Just because someone doesn't play 24/7 doesn't mean they don't have experience. You do not have to play super often to see changes in the game and know a few things.

Edited by --Q--Voltage

2 minutes ago, BLI7Z said:

You keep on comparing to other games and I don't see that you have good stats. Only a lot of posts and a founder pack... experience? I don't see that.

But, I gotta tell you, if you don't respect my opinion, then stop reading and replying to my opinion. I don't see the point of you constantly denouncing me and what I have to say. I'm fine with you disagreeing, but disagree with my points with valid arguments, not with my playtime, which isn't short. This is the second longest game I've ever played.

4 minutes ago, BLI7Z said:

What stats are you referring to?  Because mine blow yours out of the water buddy,  I guess I have more experience than you and I completely agree with @JSharpie

22 minutes ago, Rundas342 said:

I agree, they will have to make a gamble, but are they willing to do it?

Nope, not at all. For me the nail in the coffin was The Vacuum Within. Yeah, the vacuum nerf was unnecessary, but the reaction by the community was as if the world was ending... 

I rant about that in context of Damage 3.0 and how DE's view on it changed over time to what it is now.

When I wrote this Damage 3.0 was still in the air and a lot of people thought it was still possible, it makes me sad to see my pessimistic prediction looks to have come true. 

At this point my faith in DE "taking risks" is pretty much at 0, it took three years of the community beating me down but they finally did it. Maybe the Focus rework will reinvigorate some faith, but I am going to wait until I see it. 

I dunno, dude, you're complaining about the genre itself. Warframe is a 3rd person shooter, first and foremost. That's how shooters are. Run, shoot, extract. It's not just Warframe that does this. Mass Effect is run, shoot, extract. Sure, the chilling areas are larger, but the only difference between the orbiter and the Citadel/Normandy is that the Citadel/Normandy is bigger, and has some more NPCs that make it look more alive. But it's still a chill area between run, shoot, extract missions.  Same for Sniper Elite, except that Sniper Elite doesn't even have chill areas (unless you count the menu that). That's the genre they're working with. They can't do much more. Melding multiple genres usually doesn't end well. See Spore, or worse yet, No Man's Sky.

10 minutes ago, BLI7Z said:

I'm talking about mission hours. Go play, get out of the forums people. This is what destroys DE, so much people not playing and being here rabbling.

I think you dont get my point.

Personaly i dont think having the "I played more hours than you" attitude is the right approach here.
Its not because of your game experience that someone with less game experience is wrong.
Prety much like in real life. 
"I have more life experience than you so shut up." 
Sorry mate but if a kid tells you to get out of the street there is a bus comming .Ff you dont listen guess what the bus is still comming.

Whats make Warframe outstanding is not the game itself but the community and how the Devs interact with it.
Thats how a great game evolve.

What destroys DE is not people not playing and being here rabbling. Its people not being constructive.

Just now, DrBorris said:

Nope, not at all. For me the nail in the coffin was The Vacuum Within. Yeah, the vacuum nerf was unnecessary, but the reaction by the community was as if the world was ending... 

I rant about that in context of Damage 3.0 and how DE's view on it changed over time to what it is now.

When I wrote this Damage 3.0 was still in the air and a lot of people thought it was still possible, it makes me sad to see my pessimistic prediction looks to have come true. 

At this point my faith in DE "taking risks" is pretty much at 0, it took three years of the community beating me down but they finally did it. Maybe the Focus rework will reinvigorate some faith, but I am going to wait until I see it. 

I feel your pain man, I know you and I have disagreed in the past. Hell, a lot of people in this community view me as their enemy, but I gotta say you, @AdunSaveMe, @MagPrime, @Xekrin even @--Q--Voltage and many others who I can'r remember the exact spelling of their names have raised some good points, had some great arguments, and are great additions to the community. I hope one day DE tries something new. I hope there are some changes. I hope they do something they want to their game instead of trying to satiate an insatiable community, and I wish them luck.

Yes, the gameplay is boring, because there isn't much to it, honestly. Will that change? Probably not. You want to know why? Because the devs only really care about the end result - the rewards. They've designed the game around getting items, not around gameplay. The main focus is therefore on the reward, not the gameplay. It's like eating ice cream for the cherry on top. Because of this, players only care about the rewards, and DE only develops things with the rewards in mind. That's how you can have an Earth rework being revealed, and one of the first things both Rebecca and players ask is, "What's the point of going back to Earth?" "I hope there's an incentive to go back to Earth." Everyone only cares about an incentive, and so that's what the ultimate focus is.

Other games have a focus on gameplay, with rewards simply being a reward for gameplay. The focus, then is on making the gameplay experience as satisfying as possible. For Warframe, that'd mean that you go to a place like Earth first and foremost for the gameplay experience. The development focus would be towards making that experience as exciting and immersive and engrossing as possible. For DE to have a gameplay-focused development process, and not an incentive-focused development process, they need to shift their focus and the way they approach gameplay and rewards. Instead of a game that promotes gaining rank through collecting and maxing out items, WF needs to be a game that promotes gaining rank directly through gameplay. Once progression is directly tied to gameplay, and not indirectly through maxing out new items, more focus can then be directed towards improving the look and feel of the game and what things players can do in the game space.

As it stands now, there's nothing to the gameplay because gameplay isn't the primary focus. Just for an example, if gameplay was the focus, we'd already have improved movement animations and gunplay mechanics. I think things need to change. I want to see things change. But as long as the primary objective in the game is to collect the end-of-mission incentive/reward, and not to play the game for the gameplay, things won't change, the gameplay won't become more satisfying, and the game will continue to be boring. I know this is a minority opinion, but it's mine. I've said it for years now. And every time I see another longtime WF player talk about how limited the game, it just makes me sad that the core gameplay isn't really improving.

1 minute ago, JSharpie said:

I feel your pain man, I know you and I have disagreed in the past. Hell, a lot of people in this community view me as their enemy, but I gotta say you, @AdunSaveMe, @MagPrime, @Xekrin even @--Q--Voltage and many others who I can'r remember the exact spelling of their names have raised some good points, had some great arguments, and are great additions to the community. I hope one day DE tries something new. I hope there are some changes. I hope they do something they want to their game instead of trying to satiate an insatiable community, and I wish them luck.

Yep. I may disagree with folks a lot, but this is just the forums of a video game lol. I hope DE can raise the bar and make this game much more alive with the Dark Sector rework and king pin system. I am a sucker for Trials and Events, but I am a small minority. I can't wait for clan based systems, and I really enjoyed the last 2 events in terms of clan participation. I have some hope left in this game.

8 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

What stats are you referring to?  Because mine blow yours out of the water buddy,  I guess I have more experience than you and I completely agree with @JSharpie

Oh yes. All kills with Synoid, Saryn and Ember. Good job there. Now I understand why you all people get bored.

Now yes, I'm getting out of here

1 hour ago, JSharpie said:

Take Black Desert Online. I've been playing that game for awhile. That game is more of a grind than this is. It's awful, yet I love that game to bits. The gameplay is fun. Combos are flashy, taming horses is fun, farming, fishing, crafting, it's all there and all interesting. What's stopping Warframe from adding something new? Something varied? Something to do that isn't just a new tool to do the same thing?

I sincerely hope I'm wrong and it works out. I hope it's just me that has found this game to be boring. 

What's stopping Warframe from adding something new? It's that they refuse to move outside of the bubble that is a looter. Black Desert Online has open world elements (fishing, farming, taming, crafting, free roaming). The focus of the game is on the gameplay. It's all about providing a satisfying player gameplay experience. That is not DE's focus at all for Warframe. The focus of Warframe is on gathering loot. Where other games focus on gameplay, with loot as a reward for your gameplay, Warframe focuses on loot rewards, with gameplay as merely the means to get to the loot. It's all about the perspective of the development. Honestly, I'd like to see DE's perspective change to a gameplay perspective.

Edited by A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n

Oh yes. All kills with Synoid, Saryn and Ember. Good job there. Now I understand why you all people get bored.

Guys stop turning that into perosnal fight please.

Its not about how much hours / what weapons do we use.

Its about how we can make it better what are your ideas ?

3 minutes ago, BLI7Z said:

Bud, it's fine that you like the state of the game. No one is saying you're wrong to do that. But your only argument has been to insult people who disagree with you. It's just mean dude. If you have an argument, make it, but don't be rude about it.

1 minute ago, trunks013 said:

Weapons you use really make a difference. Pressing 1 botton to clear rooms, and using only AoE dmg weapons OBVIOUSLY makes the game boring. 

Edited by BLI7Z

LMAO, you really use stats like it was the holy bible don't you?  Atomos and dragon nikana are up there too, and I haven't touched either in over a year.  Most used stat means absolutely nothing.

So you use only Rhino and Loki huh? Talk about total cheese.

1 minute ago, trunks013 said:

^ This, the thread has become derailed enough already.

Just now, Xekrin said:

LMAO, you really use stats like it was the holy bible don't you?  Atomos and dragon nikana are up there too, and I haven't touched either in over a year.  Most used stat means absolutely nothing.

So you use only Rhino and Loki huh? Talk about total cheese.

Check out the KILLS on each weapon and there you've got something sacred to look at. 

1 minute ago, JSharpie said:

Bud, it's fine that you like the state of the game. No one is saying you're wrong to do that. But your only argument has been to insult people who disagree with you. It's just mean dude. If you have an argument, make it, but don't be rude about it.

That is pretty much all he does when he comes to the forums.  No good feedback, no helpful suggestions, no thoughtful insight.  Regardless of topic all bli7z does is argue and insult.

1 minute ago, Xekrin said:

That is pretty much all he does when he comes to the forums.  No good feedback, no helpful suggestions, no thoughtful insight.  Regardless of topic all bli7z does is argue and insult.

That is because the game isn't boring. Reading all this stuff is boring. Everytime I come to the forums I hope for something different. But no. Only softies around here. 

Just now, BLI7Z said:

That is because the game isn't boring. Reading all this stuff is boring. Everytime I come to the forums I hope for something different. But no. Only softies around here. 

And that's your opinion and that's fine. Tell us why the gameplay is fun for you, maybe you'll spark new ideas with me. Maybe you know something I don't. You don't have to react this hostile, we can have a civil conversation.

1 minute ago, BLI7Z said:

Check out the KILLS on each weapon and there you've got something sacred to look at. 

Considering I have 4x the kills you do that is hardly sacred.  I have over 6k kills iwth Panthera alone.  The least used and worst weapon in the game until a few months ago.  That's pretty sacred imo.

But whatever, you have no idea what I use or how I play.  Basing your opinions on stats only is silly and pointless to argue over.  You win, we all suck but you.

Just now, BLI7Z said:

I'm talking about general stats of kills on anyone is sacred. Not having any god complex like lots of people here saying "THE GAME IS BORING" total trolls for me. 

Alright man, enjoy the game, sorry you feel that way, sorry I couldn't get through to you.

The community already label Warframe as a Casual/ Be a God/ PvE don't need balance, type of game. Majority of the players will never let DE make the game harder or focus only on old mechanics.

You can say " but they only need to change what they want in the game instead of asking the players for permission". If DE do this, then you will see drama on the forums and youtube, death threats and all kind of stuff.

Doesn't matter if the community decisions are reducing the lifespan of this game, players don't care. They care about their OP weapons and items, their K/D ratio and hours played.

But I always have faith in the game. Warframe is DE baby, that means when they see the community decisions are killing Warframe, they will change doesn't matter if the players like it or not. Remember coptering, Tonkor and Synoid nerf?

Edited by -SDM-NerevarCM