The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This Game is Boring

artemisfortune

1 minute ago, Chipputer said:

Yeah that game that isn't coming out until early 2018 sure is offering more than Warframe.

Fixed: 
At this point there are other online co-op action games, out or already out, that offer more than Warframe does.
There are others like Guild Wars 2.

Same boring stuff... log-in/log-out and then I play 17-years old "Phantasy Star Online" to get little closer to 200-level cap with one of my chars and get some rare stuff on the way to beat the game on "Ultimate" difficulty. Until another new Warframe update, of course. That is how I "play" Warframe.

9 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

Yeah that game that isn't coming out until early 2018 sure is offering more than Warframe.

It is a great game series. I used to spend 8+ hours playing MH, as a dorky kid...as long as this one is just as good, itll be a replacement. For me personally (although no one asked) shadow of war (mordor) and last of us 2 are also coming out. If warframe doesnt change from what its offering now, i hardly see myself even justifying it taking up memory space on my ps4.

22 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

The reason I want to know what other games certain people have been playing other than Warframe is because I want to know how many of those games are solely loot focused. I can't see how someone plays gameplay-focused games and then likes Warframe's loot focus, so I'm just interested to see if there is anyone who is playing Warframe and also playing a gameplay-focused game.

2 minutes ago, Boatsniper said:

I saw this issue coming nearly four years ago. Warframe is a skyscraper of raw content built on a foundation of sand. It has never progressed beyond a numbers game.

Yeah, I've been seeing this coming. Which makes it even more frustrating. We point it out and the community gives us flak for it.

Well Destiny 2 is not that far away and, by the looks of it, Bungie has learned from their mistakes.
and Anthem comes next year, which is from the creators of Mass Effect 1-3 (not Andromeda)
And Elder Scrolls Online has far more content for me to play and more stuff to farm for.

This video (while pertaining to life) Is actually a great way of talking about the aspects of a video game.
Basically focus on the big things first and then you can fill it with all the little things.

14 minutes ago, Boatsniper said:

I saw this issue coming nearly four years ago. Warframe is a skyscraper of raw content built on a foundation of sand. It has never progressed beyond a numbers game.

I missed that thread because I was taking a hiatus from Warframe at that time, but that echoes what we've been talking about here.

Not only your post, but @Tierria 's post also echoes what we've said:

Yeesh, sounds like you're trying to make the missions themselves fun. Don't you know that they're just there for us to grind, ya noob? *Eyeroll*

Yes, this type of thing would be great. Make me want to play the mission because the mission is FUN, not because I want a new gun.

29 minutes ago, ganjou234 said:

OP should update the front /first page. Not everyone can read through 18-19 pages

Why do I even wonder why the game is in the state its in now. One example or another seems to always hit me right in the face -________-

Edited by komoriblues

Just now, komoriblues said:

Why do I even wonder why the game is in the state its in now -________-

What? I've read the whole thing, provided good and constructive feedback, and then requested that OP bring the newer readers up to speed to avoid further misunderstandings and improve discussion. What's the problem?

1 minute ago, ganjou234 said:

What? I've read the whole thing, provided good and constructive feedback, and then requested that OP bring the newer readers up to speed to avoid further misunderstandings and improve discussion. What's the problem?

There is none. I think he's trying to insinuate that if people cared about the game they should be forced to click through now 20 pages of feedback which is insane. I didn't think this thread was going to be relevant 2 weeks later but here we are. Spread the word that if someone wants something added to the OP, send it in a PM and if it's relevant feedback I'll add it. I'll try to stay unbiased.

8 hours ago, JSharpie said:

The mechanics being same-y isn't the problem. It's that they don't work well together given that many of our features and functions are unfinished. Please at least read through the first few pages of the thread. You aren't the first person to say it, and you aren't the first person for me to respond with "You're wrong. There are clear problems and sweeping them under the rug because I'm an old player is the wrong attitude"

i did try to read through the thread. problem was, the feeling i was getting was that people were asking for a completely different game that wasn't warframe so i stopped and therefore suggested you try other games for a spell if you're bored.

wf is basically a co-op horde third-person shooter. there's very little room to fit in complex and "interesting" mechanics when you've got hundreds of basic AI mobs trying to mow you down while you're trying to be an awesome space ninja and complete your objective. there's already lots of content to spend time doing, and i do agree with you when you say there's a certain lack of polish and cohesiveness mostly because the content was added in bit-by-bit over the years and DE seem very keen to just keep adding stuff instead of going back now and then to make sure everything fits together.

you have to realise though that what you are asking them to do is go back and redesign the whole game from the ground up, because if they start messing with the pace and complexity of combat and mission objectives, they'd have to redo everything: the frames, mods, abilities, weapons (and their mods), enemies, scaling, drop rates, the economy, which is unrealistic. yes, it would be nice to have better melee, and interesting archwing, and balance, and scaling, and everything else, but you're better off asking them to make a new mmo set in the wf universe with all those things you want. side note: the beta tag has been dropped on official webpages but for some reason the wiki still thinks it's open beta.

i've been playing wf on-and-off since 2014 myself, have all the frames, etc. and i've been playing games a long time. in the gaming world, nothing lasts forever, and there're loads of experiences available to you out there, though few ever come close to perfect. you might be passionate enough to want wf to do better and evolve forever and ever, but the problems you've pointed out are fundamental to the game, and changing them would involve a total makeover, which i doubt DE are keen to do. i used to post a long time back (probably archived now) about what i noticed were fundamental problems with the game too, but realised the game was what it was and things weren't going to change massively, hence, the realistic thing to do would be to try other games out and come back now and again. the unwise thing to do would be to pine for that "perfect" warframe which you're unlikely to get, post on the forums till your fingers bleed and end up disappointed regardless, with stumps for fingers.

12 minutes ago, Shy0 said:

i did try to read through the thread. problem was, the feeling i was getting was that people were asking for a completely different game that wasn't warframe so i stopped and therefore suggested you try other games for a spell if you're bored.

wf is basically a co-op horde third-person shooter. there's very little room to fit in complex and "interesting" mechanics when you've got hundreds of basic AI mobs trying to mow you down while you're trying to be an awesome space ninja and complete your objective. there's already lots of content to spend time doing, and i do agree with you when you say there's a certain lack of polish and cohesiveness mostly because the content was added in bit-by-bit over the years and DE seem very keen to just keep adding stuff instead of going back now and then to make sure everything fits together.

you have to realise though that what you are asking them to do is go back and redesign the whole game from the ground up, because if they start messing with the pace and complexity of combat and mission objectives, they'd have to redo everything: the frames, mods, abilities, weapons (and their mods), enemies, scaling, drop rates, the economy, which is unrealistic. yes, it would be nice to have better melee, and interesting archwing, and balance, and scaling, and everything else, but you're better off asking them to make a new mmo set in the wf universe with all those things you want. side note: the beta tag has been dropped on official webpages but for some reason the wiki still thinks it's open beta.

i've been playing wf on-and-off since 2014 myself, have all the frames, etc. and i've been playing games a long time. in the gaming world, nothing lasts forever, and there're loads of experiences available to you out there, though few ever come close to perfect. you might be passionate enough to want wf to do better and evolve forever and ever, but the problems you've pointed out are fundamental to the game, and changing them would involve a total makeover, which i doubt DE are keen to do. i used to post a long time back (probably archived now) about what i noticed were fundamental problems with the game too, but realised the game was what it was and things weren't going to change massively, hence, the realistic thing to do would be to try other games out and come back now and again. the unwise thing to do would be to pine for that "perfect" warframe which you're unlikely to get, post on the forums till your fingers bleed and end up disappointed regardless, with stumps for fingers.

You're missing the point. It's not about what I want, it's about finishing what the Devs started. No matter how you spin it anymore WF barely works right now. It's only grind for no payoff. There is nothing to keep getting. Nothing to strive for. It's all pointless right now. They gave us an empty sandbox which is fun for awhile, but it'd be better with a few buckets and shovels. Right now we have a bucket with no handle and a broken shovel. It works, but it isn't enjoyable for long.

15 minutes ago, Shy0 said:

But by golly, ill still try. 

d8ed0df7eae2d85c6ac46202f946b48d.jpg

If all you take away from someones argument is that they should give up, the nicest thing you could do is just watch silently as they struggle in vain until they reach whatever conclusion on their own, if they do.

I would have gladly put myself through school to learn coding, so i could work for DE for free (internship) if i thought it meant they would start fixing this game from the ground up.

Would have, but that was before i reached my own conclusions.

Edited by (PS4)WINDMILEYNO
Edit

Just now, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

I would have gladly put myself through school to learn coding, so i could work for DE for free (internship) if i thought it meant they would start fixing this game from the ground up.

Do they do that? I did put myself through school to learn coding. I wanna do something with that skill.

18 minutes ago, Shy0 said:

Thing is I am not asking that they re-create the game from the ground up. I am asking that they focus on creating a complete product. 
I am not saying re-do the movement system. I am saying make tiles designed around the movement system.

-I am saying finish and flesh out archwing mechanics.
-I am saying create a unique tile set for each planet.
-Give each planet a mini-campaign that contributes to the overall storyline.
-Create a straight forward system for getting warframes rather than random chance pick-ups. Give them stories.
-Create good bosses that are designed around current mechanics
-Create main story bosses and special bosses on the side that are specifically for challenging players
-Create side quests, NPC interaction, Conversation dialogue, Meet more characters, etc.
-Implement lore through character interaction and more information in tile sets for players to find (like the cephalon fragments)
-Create various social spaces with visual variety

All of these things would work in Warframe as it is now.
If they just focused and put their energy into 1-2 planets at a time rather than constantly thinning their resources

instead development of new toys and around 2-3 quests a year.
With fixes throughout as well, which I appreciate.

Edited by Iccotak