Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do I uninstall warframe?

Wevi

Ive been running into some performance problems and its gotten to the point were the game will go -Warframe not responding- in between loads and the transitions between liset and navigation takes a while too. I had enough when it started disconnecting me from squad so i just wasted to fresh install warframe. So i go to look for the uninstall and its not actually there

CCleaner/

KMREga2.png

Windows uninstall panel/

Q1zGJ32.png

windows 10 uninstall window/

JlH1QFW.png

its just not there. this is the standalone edition btw

iTrVyEK.png

if I can't uninstall is there a way to fix these performance problems?

Edited by Wevi

right click on your shortcut and see where the directory of the game is. In there you should probably be able to find an uninstall thingy

Ive never used the stand-alone version thougth.

Edited by trunks013

well was going ot make a joke about using a powerful magent on your computer to install,  but given its windows 10..  i just have no idea.   other then running the installer and see if you get an uninstall/repair option, or go to the folder that warframe is in and use the uninstall there or at least should be there

Same way Windows uninstalls anything.

Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a program.

Regardless of whether you installed through Steam or standalone, it should be there, and no, not Windows 10 apps list in Settings.

1 hour ago, Wevi said:

Ive been running into some performance problems and its gotten to the point were the game will go -Warframe not responding- in between loads and the transitions between liset and navigation takes a while too. I had enough when it started disconnecting me from squad so i just wasted to fresh install warframe. So i go to look for the uninstall and its not actually there

CCleaner/

KMREga2.png

Windows uninstall panel/

Q1zGJ32.png

JlH1QFW.png

iTrVyEK.png

Stupid question but, instead of fighting to clean install, have you run a Verify and Optimize of your download cache through the launcher? It's easier to find by the sound of things and may fix some of your issues. If you don't know what that is, when you open your Warfame launcher, click the little gear at the top right. Verify first, then Optimize. It may fix your issue, or lessen it, without having to do a clean install.

Well the problem is still there and I don't know what to do. maybe the last hotfix actually missed something up.

4 hours ago, Jeahanne said:

Stupid question but, instead of fighting to clean install, have you run a Verify and Optimize of your download cache through the launcher? It's easier to find by the sound of things and may fix some of your issues. If you don't know what that is, when you open your Warfame launcher, click the little gear at the top right. Verify first, then Optimize. It may fix your issue, or lessen it, without having to do a clean install.

yeah doesnt work

55 minutes ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

I was expecting even more time, oh well.

same here. last time I downloaded warframe it took me 6 hours cause it was throttled at 10kbps for the first half of the download

5 hours ago, Wevi said:

CCleaner/

KMREga2.png

Windows uninstall panel/

Q1zGJ32.png

JlH1QFW.png

iTrVyEK.png

havent you tried the launcher thingy about checking your install? Try that first.

11 hours ago, Wevi said:

Well the problem is still there and I don't know what to do. maybe the last hotfix actually missed something up.

yeah doesnt work

same here. last time I downloaded warframe it took me 6 hours cause it was throttled at 10kbps for the first half of the download

XD, Yeah, I don't really want to reinstall the whole game, I wonder how much space Warframe is taking now :/

Generally you want to try verify/optimize game cache first.

Posting your spec also helps. There's really no reason for a proper rig to not run Warframe when my $350 laptop can. Could be anything from Warframe not detecting your graphics card to heat issues.

Edited by TotallyLagging