Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Old, dry and tired points for Volt and his needed improvements.

(PSN)WINDMILEYNO

Shock. 

1). Get rid of. Goofy animation. Where shock arcs around to something behind you. Instead of what you were aimimg at. Please and thank you.

Speed.

2). Should be a toggle. The button you use to sprint. I doubt anyone walks warframe during a mission, yet you have the option to do so. When under volts speed, you should be able to toggle sprint off, so you run at normal speed. A backflip is just extra over the topness in addition to---->

3). Speeds base duration is too short. Many make the argument that a longer base duration would be too restrictive to the volt who only wishes for a quick burst, and a toggle drain would only make volts energy economy worse, as well as leaving no incentive to turn speed off. I believe Volts speed has every right to be every bit like Nekros's Desecrate. As it is now, if i cast speed every ten seconds, to keep it up (with a duration of 15 seconds, and accidently casting the occasional sheild and wasting more energy) its better to just abandon me and play else where than it is to try and rely on back flipping out of the ability. 

Sheild.

1). Limitations. Too many. Period. 

2). Sheild bash should work like a grineer lancers. Expecting someone to sprint while holding it, which drains more energy, into enemies is a tad silly. Corpus, your running into certain death. Grineer, your running into fire balls, and getting shot from the side and back. Infested, your running into knock down spam. Does the sheild stop knock down spam. NO.

You still get knocked down while holding the sheild, and you waste energy. And the new augment? Who even has room for that? Can it go in the exilus slot? And it does even more nothing.

Discharge.

1). Damage cap. Should be. Seperate from. Stun duration. Period. Exclamation point. !.

2). Enemies should not get back up if knocked down while tesla coiled. They should be open to finishers, but if that is not possible, they should at least remain on the ground, for the sake of logic and for ground finishers.

3). There is no logical explanation for an ult that has an animation that shows the character in the air to have a restriction saying it is ground locked. If there is a logical explanation, it would make my day to see it made. 

Passive.

1). Should drain only on melee and warframe attacks. Primary and secondary should not count. Helps 1000 damage feel like its doing something more than nothing and encourages people to believe the famous one liner "alternative to gunplay" (played this way during an awesome glitch on the orokin moon ---> glitch volt is way better to play than current volt).

2). Speed should affect how fast this cap is met, sheild should help charge it. Discharge and shock will us it.

Synergies.

All of volts synergies are meaningless or unnoticeable. Meanwhile, there are things in game that outperform these suppoesed synergies.

Circuitry containers. Busted. Float apart in electricity. Should be. Telsa coiled containers animation. But it is not.

Busted. Arc trap. Grineer. Should be. Animation used. For Tesla coiled enemirs. And should shock nearby un coiled enemies. Who walk trhough unharmed and unstunned. But does not. 

Etc.

Based on an obvious, sudden realization I had:
Nidus is what Volt should've been: Relying on his powers as much as, if not more than, his weapons in combat, since he was advertised as being a 'potent alternative to gunplay', which is rather what Nidus excels at.
Suggestions to make Volt more like Nidus, but not so much that Volt would be a Nidus mimic:

Spoiler

-Have Volt's passive (bonus electricity damage upon being damaged, or moving instead of just being fixed to walking/'jogging'/running) after a minimum of 10 stacks begin to amplify: Power efficiency and damage, movement speed, weapon and melee damage, and would also boost shield regeneration (meaning shields regenerate IN COMBAT for Volt at a certain amount of this passive).

-Volt's passive would also drain over time when dealing damage, and would only regenerate when moving/taking damage with shields active.

-Volt's replacement for Speed would be to turn his energy into this 'Voltage' resource, but if he has no energy, his shields get drained instead. This would invent a new kind of synergy regarding his powers.

-Volt should also have the ability to shock his shield walls to refresh their duration and add a electricity damage wall (meaning enemies who pass through Volt's shields get shocked).

-If all these suggestions are implemented, they would enable Volt to be capable of running endgame missions for more than just his shields, speed, and 4's stun and would allow for him to be effective in Sorties. Starter frames, and all other frames, shouldn't be denied similar treatment (being made viable for Sorties).

2 hours ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

Based on an obvious, sudden realization I had:
Nidus is what Volt should've been: Relying on his powers as much as, if not more than, his weapons in combat, since he was advertised as being a 'potent alternative to gunplay', which is rather what Nidus excels at.
Suggestions to make Volt more like Nidus, but not so much that Volt would be a Nidus mimic:

Hide contents

-Have Volt's passive (bonus electricity damage upon being damaged, or moving instead of just being fixed to walking/'jogging'/running) after a minimum of 10 stacks begin to amplify: Power efficiency and damage, movement speed, weapon and melee damage, and would also boost shield regeneration (meaning shields regenerate IN COMBAT for Volt at a certain amount of this passive).

-Volt's passive would also drain over time when dealing damage, and would only regenerate when moving/taking damage with shields active.

-Volt's replacement for Speed would be to turn his energy into this 'Voltage' resource, but if he has no energy, his shields get drained instead. This would invent a new kind of synergy regarding his powers.

-Volt should also have the ability to shock his shield walls to refresh their duration and add a electricity damage wall (meaning enemies who pass through Volt's shields get shocked).

-If all these suggestions are implemented, they would enable Volt to be capable of running endgame missions for more than just his shields, speed, and 4's stun and would allow for him to be effective in Sorties. Starter frames, and all other frames, shouldn't be denied similar treatment (being made viable for Sorties).

2 minutes ago, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

My grammar died, cold and alone in some dark sad place.

Volt is the way he is because he is a starter frame. That is my belief. That is why Excal and Mag got treated the way they did in their reworks. Sound argument i think, cant explain all the other botched frames.

Volt wasn't a starter in the past.

Just now, giovanniluca said:

Volt wasn't a starter in the past.

In the past, damage frames were a a socially acceptable thing. Everything wasnt just crowd control or bust. Camping was looked down upon and was socially unnacceptable, and volt was good enough for me to pretend Sucker punch didnt kill off Cole. I didnt even know a such thing as a "rework" existed.

In the past, every frame had issues, the game had issues. I could have chose banshee, but her shoulder pad looked weird, and i didnt know i could take it off. I could have chose frost, if only id known he would be the golden child who would get the perfect rework and all the perfect augment mods that actually do something of value....but i chose Excal because the game told me to. And i quit and started playing destiny because super jump was the epitomy of horrible ability ideas (that continue to this day) . And then came back.

I thought nothing would ever be as dissapointing as M.knight trying to put his name on avatar (not the blue people). I was proved wrong. 

They could have at least got the little things right.