Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please remove red outline

(XBOX)Aeries Vendetta

16 hours ago, Heckzu said:

That's the exact reason the red outline was implemented in the first place.

I would like to see it removed so that colors are not just for fashion and rather serve a purpose. I felt it was neat having a real world application concerning camouflage. Majority of the committed players didn't have an issue targeting. The outline spoils players and quite frankly makes it too easy to target someone. 

Edited by (XB1)Aeries Vendetta

8 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Aeries Vendetta said:

I would like to see it removed so that colors are not just for fashion and rather serve a purpose. I felt it was neat having a real world application concerning camouflage. 

That's not how it worked before. Players who used bright/contrasting colors were easy to see, meanwhile players who bought the smoke color pack and used black on everything were virtually invisible if they hid in shadowed areas. That version of stealth was not fun at all. 

I do no recall anyone successfully using non-black camouflage that matched map tiles to be hidden. I do not recall dealing with players who wore all black as being fun. If camouflage was supposed to be a part of the game, then maps would be more cluttered and filled with foliage and debris, colors would not be locked behind platinum, and loadout slots would not be locked behind the Syndicate progression. 

12 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Aeries Vendetta said:

Majority of the committed players didn't have an issue targeting. The outline spoils players and quite frankly makes it too easy to target someone. 

No, it makes it reasonable to target someone. It's already relatively difficult to track a moving Warframe when you can see it clearly, there is no need to add the element of 'camouflage' to every encounter. Not everyone is a 'committed player', and you can't speak for all 'committed players'.

However, I have no problem with players having the option to turn off the red outline.

22 hours ago, Witchydragon said:

That's not how it worked before. Players who used bright/contrasting colors were easy to see, meanwhile players who bought the smoke color pack and used black on everything were virtually invisible if they hid in shadowed areas. That version of stealth was not fun at all. 

I do no recall anyone successfully using non-black camouflage that matched map tiles to be hidden. I do not recall dealing with players who wore all black as being fun. If camouflage was supposed to be a part of the game, then maps would be more cluttered and filled with foliage and debris, colors would not be locked behind platinum, and loadout slots would not be locked behind the Syndicate progression. 

No, it makes it reasonable to target someone. It's already relatively difficult to track a moving Warframe when you can see it clearly, there is no need to add the element of 'camouflage' to every encounter. Not everyone is a 'committed player', and you can't speak for all 'committed players'.

However, I have no problem with players having the option to turn off the red outline.

I did. I also showed every player I helped teach in conclave to do that. A combo of yellows for the desert tile, white and other light colors for the lotus maps, and darker colors naturally for the darker tiles. 

It proved effective and was fun when I came up against people who used it.