The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I wonder why Volt's damage skills dont scale with enemy level like Oberon or Nidus??

Kronxito

Volt damage is capped.  His passive is capped to 1000 damage.  I tried the shield augment and it does nothing against high level enemies, I launch discharge when everybody is shooting at my shield and it does NOTHING, just a stupidly ridiculous damage. So you must rely on his CC skill and shield.

Another problem is Volt was already revisited time ago, and just because of this game having so many differents frames, this Volt's detail wont be "fixed" until...... next 2 years? xD

I agree Volt is a good frame as he is right now. But..... I would like his skills to deal more damage xD

30 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

He isn't a damage dealer, he doesn't need more damage.

He's a supportive frame that grant shield, speed and a lot of CC.

Remember the old Volt? The guy who had a powerful shock and an ult capatable of clearing entire maps?

What we have now is like the grineer degraded over the years, into something what is as far from the original as far it can get without getting a new name.

The only thing they need to change is energy drain while moving with shield, and remove slower movement.

Not all Warframes need to deal high damage. Frost is a defensive frame, that can defend not only by Snow Globe, but by freezing enemies, or slow them with Ice Wave.

Edited by IfritKajiTora

Volt is no damage dealer

He's there to provide great situation control for him and his teammates.

also nidus damage doesn't scale. So it will falloff somewhere in really high level if you don't have damage buff frame with you.

I think static discharge should give like 100% damage bonus to his next shot instread of flat 1000 damage

5 minutes ago, giovanniluca said:

Corrected for you.

Oh yeah because an (almost) instant stun that bounces to nearby enemies that can be used while shooting is "bad" (and even better, you don't have to aim at the enemy directly)

Added to this a radial stun that works on everything in 20m around you. How exactly are these "bad" ? Ok the second has a slow as hell casting animation and the damage cap is pretty ridiculous, but that's all there is to it. And even with the damage cap, it's still a 4sec stun.

Edited by Trichouette

22 minutes ago, giovanniluca said:

Corrected for you.

Saying that Oberon's CC is bad is the same as saying Nyx's chaos and Loki's augment for Disarm are bad, because those abilities do the exact same thing as Oberon's rad procs do.

Edited by Wyrmius_Prime

9 minutes ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

Saying that Oberon's CC is bad is the same as saying Nyx's chaos and Loki's augment for Disarm are bad, because those abilities do the exact same thing as Oberon's rad procs do.

He was probably talking about volt

13 minutes ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

Nah he's a godlike support now if you know how to play the game

Godlike ? I don't see him giving unlimited energy or things like 75% damage reduction or even full health to everybody in 0.2 sec.

Oberon is average at pretty much everything, for each thing he can do there is another frame that does it better.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

Because he is a starter frame, and because electrivity damage will never be reworked like ice or fire was, and because Volt does not make them money.

Well them let's get Loki, Rhino and Ember back to the noobstart, or make Primes have stronger skills or more complex mechanics over starters.

3 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Remember the old Volt? The guy who had a powerful shock and an ult capatable of clearing entire maps?

What we have now is like the grineer degraded over the years, into something what is as far from the original as far it can get without getting a new name.

I dont think anyone chooses to ever remember him that way. Everyone acts as if he has always been about crowd control

3 minutes ago, giovanniluca said:

Well them let's get Loki, Rhino and Ember back to the noobstart, or make Primes have stronger skills or more complex mechanics over starters.

Rhino should be. He is basically the next frame every new person goes to after realising they made a mistake picking Excal.

Ember. I think the forums would explode, but she is kind of nooby too.

And sure, Loki :) 

I think more complex mechanics is the key word here. In warframe, you have 4 abilities that do 4 things, flat, and nothing else. Ooohh, augments.

Its almost like no one here has ever played infamous or transistor.

On 11.6.2017 at 9:38 PM, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

Ember. I think the forums would explode, but she is kind of nooby too.

Why would you expose new players to one of the biggest grinds in the game, on one of the least understood frames that is very narrow in weapon selection and modding on top of that? As for noob frame, just look on the forums you nearly have every single week a buff ember thread, because people do not realize what accelerant does and that they actually play a very weapon damage focused frame(and a quite good one at that actually, if you not mod your weapons wrong, what nearly every single Ember player in the game does all the time) instead of a frame that does everything by standing around afk and pressing 4 at higher levels. Similar to that you can look at this thread and see not a single person pointing out that Volt actually scales very well. Volt is also a weapon based frame, with the focus on crit weapons(the most buffed thing in the last 2 years) at range by the interaction with the shield and a very fancy high speed melee, what does very impressive damage.

On 11.6.2017 at 5:05 PM, DP_KRoM said:

I agree Volt is a good frame as he is right now. But..... I would like his skills to deal more damage xD

Volt does enught damage, just use your ranged weapons with the shield or a melee with speed. This is today's sorti L80 interception with extra armor(I played it with Ember the first time, just replayed it for the thread here with Volt). Guess who did the most revives and CC as well...

RaKwXPl.jpg

KKV7ehg.jpg

On 11.6.2017 at 10:55 PM, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

Rhino abilities dont scale either, such is life

Last time I checked roar does scale as damage buff and stomp does as AOE CC.

Edited by Djego27