Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost passive change to Ice armor [TOTALLY EDITED]

IfritKajiTora

In my opinion Frost passive is useless on higher leveled missions, because you can be killed with one melee hit.

Frost should be a Tank while he is not that tanki as he should be. With steel fiber he have 630 armor which isn't much.
His passive should make him more tanki and slightly synergy with his abilities.

Description: When Frost shield fails to protect, his ice armor starts to protect him boosting his armor by 500 points for 3 seconds.
So it's simple, when Frost shield drop to 0, his passive starting to work giving him 500 armor boost for 3 seconds. And that happens every time his shield get down.
This will make him more tanki than he is now.
Now how this synergie with his abilities?
Example:
a) If his snow globe be destroyed and shield deplete very fast, his armor boost can protect him from high damage and be able to cast snow globe again, hide and regenerate shield again.
b) Ice wave is slowing down enemies in front of frost, which is a good reason to go melee to kill them fast, this will make him viable to go melee on higher leveled mission for short time.
c) You can quickly move to another snow globe that is near, and have less chance that they will kill him while moving.

Edited by IfritKajiTora
Better idea for Frost passive

25 minutes ago, Shufly said:

Why his passive isn't immunity to frost/cold status and damage reduction is still a mystery to me.

The opposite goes for Ember, and toxic for Sayrn.

If I remember correctly, DE said that if each elementalist had innate immunity/reduction to their own element, Sayrn would have a better advantage over high Infested missions (Venomous Eximus Toxic Ancients), or something like that.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing69 said:

If I remember correctly, DE said that if each elementalist had innate immunity/reduction to their own element, Sayrn would have a better advantage over high Infested missions (Venomous Eximus Toxic Ancients), or something like that.

And that's a bad thing for a Tank frame?

1 minute ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing69 said:

They never said it was, but I think they were looking for balance. Ah well. 

Yeah, I guess it wouldn't be fair to have a Warframe with a passive that gives it an unfair advantage vs other Warframes in high-level missions...

Spoiler

BALANCE?

InarosNewLook.png

OK THEN. =D

17 minutes ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing69 said:

Counter-argument: Warframes are tools: You use the right one for the right job. Going to a Ice hazard mission, bring frost or frames equipted to deal with frost (make those mods more effective against status procs and damage) or both. Going to an inferno/hellscape? Bring Ember. Going to the set of the next Pirates of the Caribbean? Why not Hydroid?

Ultimately, they need to balance how resistances/damage/armor and status works for/again frames. Shield gating is a nice start in that direction, but status has been needing a rework for a long time now.

59 minutes ago, IfritKajiTora said:

In my opinion Frost passive is useless on higher leveled missions, because you can be killed with one melee hit.
Frost passive should have 30 seconds cooldown and protect from first melee hit and have 100% chance to freeze target for 5 seconds.
In that way it will be more useful, because it can safe you from melee attacker that you didn't noticed.
(No changes to conclave PVP mode)

By that point you may as well just use a dethcube and keep it alive by staying inside your bubble for all the good it will do you. If you are having enough trouble with enemies that can oneshot you at melee range, you are either out of energy or not using your skills properly.

4 minutes ago, DaftMeat said:

And that's a bad thing for a Tank frame?

Well, for starters Saryn is hardly a tank frame, and secondly we can speculate until the cows return but DE has already flat out said no to making elemental frames immune to their element, it simply won't happen. 

40 minutes ago, Shufly said:

Why his passive isn't immunity to frost/cold status and damage reduction is still a mystery to me.

Yeah that conversation has frankly been done to death.  Every discussion about Ember or Frost's passive always comes back to this.  Honestly, while it "makes sense" it would frankly be boring.  Not to mention it would set a precedent of immunity/resistance for a particular set of frames, leaving others with "unique" abilities, while elemental ones get the default "let's make them immune to procs!"

Let's just go for gold and make ash immune to slash, and atlas & rhino immune to impact.  Should hydroid be immune to cold too?  Hek why not.  Who needs real passives when we can just slap resistances and immunities on everywhere.

Better passives are nice, but lets think outside that there box please.

1 minute ago, Xekrin said:

Well, for starters Saryn is hardly a tank frame, and secondly we can speculate until the cows return but DE has already flat out said no to making elemental frames immune to their element, it simply won't happen. 

Yeah that conversation has frankly been done to death.  Every discussion about Ember or Frost's passive always comes back to this.  Honestly, while it "makes sense" it would frankly be boring.  Not to mention it would set a precedent of immunity/resistance for a particular set of frames, leaving others with "unique" abilities, while elemental ones get the default "let's make them immune to procs!"

Let's just go for gold and make ash immune to slash, and atlas & rhino immune to impact.  Should hydroid be immune to cold too?  Hek why not.  Who needs real passives when we can just slap resistances and immunities on everywhere.

Better passives are nice, but lets think outside that there box please.

Okay, immunity to one specific element, which by the way, when in a PVE scenario only pops up every so often (and is rarely a damage type used exclusively by enemies, unless one mission/tile-set is specifically using a S#&$load of one kind (IE Napalm spam)). Frames where immunity/reduced damage to specific elements wouldn't be a bad thing, and that's not even saying they wouldn't keep their original passives either. 

Also, Ash immune to slash? Really (I use knives, thusly I cannot cut myself, even though I wear no armor, the natural deterrent to blades). And hydroid (water) immune to cold (ice)?... that seems like it's really stretching your hyperbolic tangent you're pulling here.

Granted, I'll give you credit for Rhino/Atlas, reduction in impact damage/procs would make sense for them. Specifically a "REDUCTION" not immunity.

15 minutes ago, Shufly said:

Also, Ash immune to slash? Really

Like I said, this argument has been done to death many times over.

Cavemen invented fire, but oddly weren't immune to it.  Just because a frame uses void energy in a way to create a specific reaction that results in heat/cold/toxin/electrical doesn't mean they are somehow immune to that particular effect.

Ash's current passive increases slash damage and duration, hence his abilities would make him immune to slash just as Ember creating fire with her void manipulation abilities would make her immune to fire.  

Also water is often considered cold, the actual damage type is "cold" not "ice" so technically Hydroid would be immune to anything cold just as much as Frost would be.  Considering Hydroid's augment of corrosive rain, I'd imagine that'd be pretty hot, so he'd be immune to heat too.

See how annoying these arguments can be? There is no right or wrong answer.  Likely one of the many reasons DE would never allow such 'passives' to exist.

well getting off topic asidde..I WOULD like that alot more.

having it CD based would be ALOT more reliable. Ive have 4~ enemies actually frozen from frost passives since his release. asides from enemies not being in melee that often the chance is just so lo (and my RNG so bad) that even face tanking infested often dosnt proc it.

and yes there is the argument that it would theoretically be worst as a CD base in cases of fighting in melee against infested. but still. it should be reliable.
as is now would be if excal passive was a chance to increase on melee hits or ember MIGHT gain energy on fire procs, or SOMETIMES zephy is light weight.

(TL:DR I would like reliability more than RNG as a passive)

5 hours ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing69 said:

I just don't wanna see my Volt twitching in agony because of some Shock Eximus, and that Saryn thingy would be kinda useful, not in 'advantage way' but in a way to kill these monsters more quickly

9 hours ago, NeithanDiniem said:

By that point you may as well just use a dethcube and keep it alive by staying inside your bubble for all the good it will do you. If you are having enough trouble with enemies that can oneshot you at melee range, you are either out of energy or not using your skills properly.

I know that frost can easly ignore melee attackers, but let's say you didn't had a good day, and by mistake one high leveled enemy passed through to you and attacked behind with melee, oh sh*.... oh I forgot about that, nice passive frost, nice. So it's not that useless : D
But of course his passive could be better.

Edited by IfritKajiTora

Frost needs a whole new model, and no, I dont consider that one skin his new model, it doesnt even look or feel like Frost at all.  It belongs on like Atlas......

Frost needs his new model and yeah, to become tankier.  Its hilarious how weak he actually is, on top of being just plain hideous.  There were concept arts from players that made Frost look legit bad as hell.  I'd play frost more, but between his squishy and his ugly, I only use him when I need to for defense. 

3 hours ago, KnightCole said:

Frost needs his new model and yeah, to become tankier.  Its hilarious how weak he actually is, on top of being just plain hideous.  There were concept arts from players that made Frost look legit bad as hell.  I'd play frost more, but between his squishy and his ugly, I only use him when I need to for defense. 

With that logic, you must hate 80% of the warframes in this game...

3 hours ago, KnightCole said:

Frost needs a whole new model, and no, I dont consider that one skin his new model, it doesnt even look or feel like Frost at all.  It belongs on like Atlas......

and thats your opinion..cuz I think frost is one of the coolest looking frames in the game...so much so that I was gonna make his big &#! leather coat.

37 minutes ago, NeithanDiniem said:

With that logic, you must hate 80% of the warframes in this game...

For looks?  I dont like: Frost, Limbo, Nekros, Nidus, Ash(he looks naked), Hydroid, Nezha, Mirage and Nova.

I only play Oberon Prime now, 53% of my time is Rhino Prime, as that was about the only frame I played.. 

I play Ember when I wanna be lazy and press 4, and let the game do all the work.  I used Trinity, for when a group needed a 2/4 spammer.  Oberon Prime kinda replaced all the frames for me though.  He has good enough damage, good enough healing, group healing, and enough variety in his skills to be alot of fun.  Got 2 for laying a dance floor, 4 for stripping armor and some CC, as well as AoE death.  Got his 3 for healing and his 1, well, his 1 truly isnt that useful, though I sometimes use it for a little CC.  I use Frost only when there is a Defense mission.  I use my Tiberon with Hush for silent missions. 

40 minutes ago, Ordosan said:

and thats your opinion..cuz I think frost is one of the coolest looking frames in the game...so much so that I was gonna make his big &#! leather coat.

His leather coat would look alot better if he wasnt so fat.  He looks like a Gumby character, just a big, indistinguishable blob.  Thats what I dont like about him.  His one skin doesnt look like Frost at all either. 

Just now, KnightCole said:

For looks?  I dont like: Frost, Limbo, Nekros, Nidus, Ash(he looks naked), Hydroid, Nezha, Mirage and Nova.

I only play Oberon Prime now, 53% of my time is Rhino Prime, as that was about the only frame I played.. 

I play Ember when I wanna be lazy and press 4, and let the game do all the work.  I used Trinity, for when a group needed a 2/4 spammer.  Oberon Prime kinda replaced all the frames for me though.  He has good enough damage, good enough healing, group healing, and enough variety in his skills to be alot of fun.  Got 2 for laying a dance floor, 4 for stripping armor and some CC, as well as AoE death.  Got his 3 for healing and his 1, well, his 1 truly isnt that useful, though I sometimes use it for a little CC.  I use Frost only when there is a Defense mission.  I use my Tiberon with Hush for silent missions. 

Playing the tankiest frames in the game as your primary frames tends to make others feel squishy yes. Frost is by far not a squishy frame in comparison to most other frames.