Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idea to diversify melee gameplay.

Pavelord

With the idea to make more use of counter attacks in melee gameplay, currently is either build for crits or status and chop away,  and any weapon that don´t focus on that is seen as trash, I´d like besides crit and status builds, to enhance channeling and counter builds as proper forms of combat. From recent experimenting channeling and counter attacks work together very well. A barely modded Kesheg was counter killing heavy units of level 80 and almost 100 level units.

Some of the issues for this style would be the discrepancy between ground finishers and counter finishers, also the lack of animations for several frontal finishers, I mean you can counter an Ancient but you have to go around its back to actually perform the finisher and while is not difficult to do, it becomes hard to do when it is surrounded by other units, same for chargers. I think there are some animations that could be recycle and would not look bad, and maybe reduce workload for the animation team.

One of the other problems would be that most of the enemies are not melee types, and usually they are very reticent about striking with melee giving you the window to counter, I would propose that more weapons came with a disarm function, using charge attacks in some weapons and maybe some combos could end with a disarm option and  it could be made so that disarming is temporary so that if you´re not quick to strike you lose your opportunity. Making more options to disarms would give freedom from having to use a Loki to disarms or use blinds and sleeps status to perform finishers, it would add complexity to melee combat and an option for more melee centric players that don´t want to spam only.

Thanks for reading.