Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost armor stripping buff? Weaker than Oberon's

IfritKajiTora

Oberon's stripping needs another ability to work. Hallowed ground doesn't scale radius with 100% of the range mods so it's lower range

Frost's power is cheaper since it's standalone. It's faster too and covers bigger range.

Frost already has a lot of other uses besides armor strip so it's fine as it is.

Honestly, I don't know even why avalanche strips armor in the first place. I think they just gave to him as a bonus when they reworked him. 

Mags crush is one ability that should've had innatea armor stripping and not require an augment. She should be one of the best armor strippers in the game with hey skill set.

Anything Frost does should be seen as a bonus

2 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Honestly, I don't know even why avalanche strips armor in the first place. I think they just gave to him as a bonus when they reworked him. 

You know how water expands when cooled? Maybe the same thing with armor striping. Imagine there's humid in between cracks of their armor that expands when Avalanched by Frost. Higher power strength means higher effectiveness of liquid expansion, causing the armor to loose and shatter.

Or just think it as Void Magic

20 minutes ago, LogaMC1995 said:

You know how water expands when cooled? Maybe the same thing with armor striping. Imagine there's humid in between cracks of their armor that expands when Avalanched by Frost. Higher power strength means higher effectiveness of liquid expansion, causing the armor to loose and shatter.

Hide contents

I'm not really arguing against the lore logic, I mean as far as theme goes. Nothing about Frosts says "armor stripper". I appreciate it and like it, but it really wasn't needed or expected. I don't think any fan reworks even suggested it.

It's like randomly adding armor stripping to Loki's disarm.

If any frame should finish about getting left behind in armor stripping it should be mag.

Edited by Hypernaut1

Frost armor stripping is weaker? not really. Forst armor stripping armor is standalone but comes with timer as a drawback. Oberon strips armor better but requires more energy to do so as a drawback. soooo, meh, they are equal.

Edited by Windy_Wind

19 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

My guess is that this was a very thoughful consideration of the fact that frozen enemies are immune to status, so you can't strip their armour via corrosive procs. Without this, avalanche would often make enemies practically invincible. I build my frost for 100% armour stripping precisely for this reason.

19 hours ago, yles9056 said:

So Oberon is the new standard of armor stripping. What about Mag?

Sadly Mag's armour stripping is capped and doesn't scale (which is where you'd need it). Up to a certain level you can use multiple casts of 4 + 3 to completely strip armour, but it costs a tonne, take a long time and stops working at higher levels.

Oberon's armour stripping is in a good place, it even synergises with corrosive projection, which is really great. What I mean is that if you're running CP then you only need to strip 70% of the enemy armour, not 100%. I wish all armour stripping abilities did that! It makes the combination useful rather than contradictory.

On Thursday, June 15, 2017 at 3:28 PM, yles9056 said:

So Oberon is the new standard of armor stripping. What about Mag?

Lol no way. Its just hype buddy.

All just want to compare/see Mag's (3) as armor stripping tool (while it does waaaay more) while it's Mag's 2nd scaling up damage source.

Mag's (2) is her Proc'ing source. Therfore able to INSTA RIP armor just with 2-4 100% Pox corro+blast shots. 2 shots for a 140 corrupted bombard... insta ripped armor. Now cast 3 more bubbles throw in each 2-4 shots. Insta ripping armor in a large area while every bubble stays up 19+sec.

While oberon needs to constantly recast over and over for new incoming targets, can Mag chill in her bubble watching foes entering bubbles or pull more into her bubbles (feed bubbles) and let them do a insta striptease for Mag. 

Naah.. oberon is NOT the fastes/effective/best armor stripper in WF. But he adds great substance as armor debuffer to the team, which is still awesome.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Frost Avalanch; is not only reducing armor. Not only increasing procing proc tick(s) duration applyed before freez while also let the procing tick dmg scale up, as long freez lasts. Not only hard CC them to do...nothing ~ clean aiming/HS. It also Increases Impact dmg !! Waaay bigger AoE. 

Does DD/CC/Debuffing & scals up proc ticks and theire ticks damage (when applyed before freezing) !! And all this in a large area.

-----

Edit: sry just forget to add this:

Frozen enemies have their armor reduced by 25 / 30 / 35 / 40% for the duration of the freeze. <~ basic 

Maximized Power Strength increases armor reduction to 100% <~

Reduces duration to 8+sec at basic 😎

-----

Payoff: Reducing damage done by slash hits on frozen targets, NO proc'ing AFTER freezing targets possible!  

All in all...imo the waaay stronger/superior ability. Esp correct used with team..insane!

Edited by P0Pz

Because being able to completely negate the majority of a factions EHP and remove a faction flavor is balanced...

That is like having an ability that removes all shields regardless of level. Grineer and Corpus are supposed to use armor/shields to make them tankier than being flesh blobs (Infested), and using shields/armor is how they do it in different ways to (theoretically) make playing against either faction feel more diverse. 

Oberon gets a pass because it takes casting three abilities, has a small-ish range, and even with it is a lackluster frame. 

And Mag does damage to armor, not blatantly remove it regardless of level, which is much more balanced IMO. 

On 6/15/2017 at 9:19 AM, LogaMC1995 said:

Reveal hidden contents

I see that all the time on my cracked stairway pavement from years of weariness through many winters and summers.

Maybe Frost should aesthetically make the Grineer rust down armor or something. And Oberon's Iron Renewal should be renamed "Mortar Renewal" because that's what I use along with Cement All / Resurfacing Cement to rebuild and hold up my foundation.

Edited by (PS4)Lei-Lei_23

On 6/15/2017 at 3:59 AM, IfritKajiTora said:

Should Frost get buff with armor stripping? Because it's a lot weaker compared to Oberon's stripping. You can even cast it two times to strip full armor with 50% armor reduction without any timers, while Frost  only last for the duration of Avalanche.

No it shouldn't, they just buffed Oberons strip because people complained that it striped LESS than Frosts...

Now you want to buff frosts past or equal to Oberons... Just no enough is enough.

On 15.06.2017 at 0:32 PM, p3z1 said:

Frost keeps enemies frozen in place, meaning free headshots. Oberon only knocks down.

Yeah they are frozen, and in different way it is disadvantage. You can't put status on Frozen enemies. Can't stip armor, can't put viral, no gas, nothing. Just pure damage, and against armored units it is useless if you don't strip 90+% armor on higher leveled heavy armored units. 

Edited by IfritKajiTora

1 minute ago, IfritKajiTora said:

Yeah they are frozen, and in different way it is disadvantage. You can't put status on Frozen enemies. Can't stip armor, can't put viral, no gas, nothing. Just pure damage, and against armored units it is useless if you don't strip 90+% armor on higher leveled heavy armored units. 

Frost has other qualities about him other than Armor reduction... If you want more armor reduction equip a corrosive projection... problem solved

12 minutes ago, (Xbox One)YouBitePi11ows said:

Frost has other qualities about him other than Armor reduction... If you want more armor reduction equip a corrosive projection... problem solved

It's always something, but, It's not that good.
Frozen enemies by avalanche have reduced armor after corrosive projection, not combined both.
This is how it works correctly:
40% = Avalanche
30% = Corrosive Projection

(8000armor - 30%) - 40% = 5600 - 40% = 3240
Not like that:
8000armor - (30 + 40)% = 8000 - 70% = 2400

That's why Corrosive projection + Avalanche with 70% armor reduction doesn't remove all armor.

Edited by IfritKajiTora

1 hour ago, IfritKajiTora said:

It's always something, but, It's not that good.
Frozen enemies by avalanche have reduced armor after corrosive projection, not combined both.
This is how it works correctly:
40% = Avalanche
30% = Corrosive Projection

(8000armor - 30%) - 40% = 5600 - 40% = 3240
Not like that:
8000armor - (30 + 40)% = 8000 - 70% = 2400

That's why Corrosive projection + Avalanche with 70% armor reduction doesn't remove all armor.

Not sure what your complaining about... Frost is fine as is. So he can't Strip 100% Armor, how many other WFs can't either. If you want 100% Armor strip use the Pox with corrosive and blast... boom any warframe now magicly has a very effective & easy way to strip all Armor.