Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost armor stripping buff? Weaker than Oberon's

IfritKajiTora

On 6/15/2017 at 6:28 AM, yles9056 said:

So Oberon is the new standard of armor stripping. What about Mag?

I think Ash and Abating Link Trinity are the standard for Armor removal, as-in least amount of effort or casts to completely strip armor.

Frost is also up there, except energy coat is higher with Frost.

Oberon is even more expensive, but that sort-of justifies the permanent Armor reduction.

I still think Abating Link Trinity or Seeking Shuriken Ash are better anti-aging choices, especially for Boss killing runs.

On 6/16/2017 at 5:40 PM, IfritKajiTora said:

It's always something, but, It's not that good.
Frozen enemies by avalanche have reduced armor after corrosive projection, not combined both.
This is how it works correctly:
40% = Avalanche
30% = Corrosive Projection

(8000armor - 30%) - 40% = 5600 - 40% = 3240
Not like that:
8000armor - (30 + 40)% = 8000 - 70% = 2400

That's why Corrosive projection + Avalanche with 70% armor reduction doesn't remove all armor.

That's why you build power strength... to make it 100%

18 hours ago, (PS4)MrNishi said:

I think Ash and Abating Link Trinity are the standard for Armor removal, as-in least amount of effort or casts to completely strip armor.

Frost is also up there, except energy coat is higher with Frost.

Oberon is even more expensive, but that sort-of justifies the permanent Armor reduction.

I still think Abating Link Trinity or Seeking Shuriken Ash are better anti-aging choices, especially for Boss killing runs.

Trin and Ash are very limited in numbers they can actualy "debuff".

Frost hits a waay larger area..if not half map to remove armor insta. No other frame in WF is able, so energy efficient to remove armor on tons of targets direct in 1 go.

Mag is the 2nd best insta armor ripper in WF. With her (2) and some corro procing shots (2×pox is enough) to let any lvl 140 corrupted bombard dance stripteased in her bubble. Now add in 2/3 bubbles doing so too + 2-4 pulls all done in 4-8sec. Room stripped, isoltated~ dead dancing arround naked. New in spawning  targets? Pull again ~ striped. Each bubble stays up as 'tool' 20+sec.

In the long run...Mag maybe overtaken Frost in striping most targets, but thats maybe after 5min both acting nonstop as stripers. But on the energy point to strip direct insta armor is Frost the Nr.1 to choose at all times. 

Oberon? He is not bad at all. But there are way effectiver target debuffers in WF and in a larger area debuffing as he ever could perma casting his debuffing. They outrun him all in energycost/effectivity/area of effect(s).

Trins link + Aug is great as long not more then 2x CP in squad. At 3xCP she wasted a mod slot.

But

I love the linked linies! It feels like a "aim here!"  kinda Aim bot linie, to see exatcly what/where to aim at.

Edited by P0Pz

On 21.06.2017 at 1:19 AM, NeithanDiniem said:

That's why you build power strength... to make it 100%

Yes but it's hard to build him to have good efficiency rage and 250% power strength to strip 100% armor. While Oberon can do it very easly: Build for some strength, efficiency and range: Put 2 then cast 2 times his 4.

Edited by IfritKajiTora