Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream #94 Overview

[DE]Taylor

tYqqaVq.jpg

The clock is ticking down to TennoCon, which means there wasn't a whole lot to share for Devstream #94. As always, if you want to see the Devs' antics, be sure to watch the entire stream here:

Spoiler

If you're looking for the TL;DW version, be sure to keep on reading in our overview.

Edited by [DE]Taylor
put youtube video in spoiler.

might as well type this before i forget.

what is the plan to reintroduce past events into the game? newer players are missing much needed context into the backstory of certain events. for example newer players have missed out on the entire gradivus dilemma and as a result whole story behind Alad V is lost to them. much more recently both the Operation Rathuum and ambulas reborn both have the context behind both of them gone. now its just the assassination mission with little to no context into the situation.

i remember in the past devtream before starchart 3.0 steve(i think it was him) said something about missing the way how old bosses taunted you as you grinded out the missions to access them. could something like that return but as banter between other character so that players have context into these kind of missions as well as add to the story a bit so the game as a whole feels more... alive? cinematic? cant find the right word but as it stands now there isnt much that feels alive about the current starchart and to newer players there isnt much keeping them from playing one... more... mission.... as the build up to the payoff doesn't exist.

hopefully ill remember to put this into the next devstream questions thread...

Interesting that the Tenno speargun (which looks quite nice) seems to fire energy projectiles. I had assumed there was some kind of guideline that Tenno only have kinetic weapons, because of the whole "Sentients turn complex stuff against their owners" factors. So will be interesting if that is adressed in it's description or if my assumption was just wrong.

On 21/06/2017 at 11:20 PM, Othergrunty said:

Interesting that the Tenno speargun (which looks quite nice) seems to fire energy projectiles. I had assumed there was some kind of guideline that Tenno only have kinetic weapons, because of the whole "Sentients turn complex stuff against their owners" factors. So will be interesting if that is adressed in it's description or if my assumption was just wrong.

My guess they simply forgot about that. After all, awesome >>> lore&practical. We have tons of issues we are happy to talk about, but no. Tennocon is upon us so empty DevStreams are okay. Harrow? Speargun? Earth rework? Next story quest? Yawn... I couldn't care less in same way as developers don't care. Why should I be excited about something if DE already proved they can't maintain their promises even after two years? Core mechanics rework? Damage 3.0? Fixing enemy scaling issues? Hello DE? Why you stopped mentioning this stuff? Even your ears would turn red after lying so much about looking into it after next patch? Definitely looking into this after next patch? You stopped looking, didn't you? Does abyss stare back at you when you look at your core?