Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

There needs to be a countermeasure against getting duplicate rivens

Aktriaz

I am genuinely interested to hear if anyone else has gotten more than 5 rivens for THE SAME WEAPON. Because that's happened to me, having gotten my fifth today for the Synapse.

I have gotten a total of 10 Rivens for primaries- meaning half of those were all for one weapon. I realize that I could just have astronomically bad luck, but I'm sure there's at least a number of people who've gotten duplicates to one weapon.

It's not like there's a hot market for Rivens for the Synapse so I've had to sell them all (except the first which had a good roll so I use it on the Synapse).

There needs to be some alternate way to dispose of unwanted (specifically duplicate) Rivens. Something like being able to convert it into a handsome amount of Kuva instead of a pitiful amount of endo/credits, or having the ability to reroll the assigned weapon when you get a duplicate would be nice.

I've already sold/melted all my duplicate rivens so there's nothing immediately for me to gain from whining on the forums. I'm just dreading the moment I get my sixth Synapse Riven.

Well, that won't really fix much for anyone and may be annoying to those who want two different rivens for one weapon.

Other than that, the chance of you getting 5 rivens for one weapon *is* in fact astronomically low, so fixing this outlier of RNG would only help an astronomically small fraction of players.

It would be better to address Riven-RNG as a whole than to target niche issues like this one.

I think it should not happen because it alter the RNG too much, inciting player to buy all the Riven slot and fill them all with weapons they dont want to increase their chance of getting a Riven for the weapon they want.

Also, I'm intersted to trade one of your Synapse mod for one my Rivens, PM if you are intersted.

50 minutes ago, Aktriaz said:

I am genuinely interested to hear if anyone else has gotten more than 5 rivens for THE SAME WEAPON. Because that's happened to me, having gotten my fifth today for the Synapse.

I have gotten a total of 10 Rivens for primaries- meaning half of those were all for one weapon. I realize that I could just have astronomically bad luck, but I'm sure there's at least a number of people who've gotten duplicates to one weapon.

It's not like there's a hot market for Rivens for the Synapse so I've had to sell them all (except the first which had a good roll so I use it on the Synapse).

There needs to be some alternate way to dispose of unwanted (specifically duplicate) Rivens. Something like being able to convert it into a handsome amount of Kuva instead of a pitiful amount of endo/credits, or having the ability to reroll the assigned weapon when you get a duplicate would be nice.

I've already sold/melted all my duplicate rivens so there's nothing immediately for me to gain from whining on the forums. I'm just dreading the moment I get my sixth Synapse Riven.

There is a countermeasure already in-game. Rivens are tradable.

ya. 4 hinds, 2 mitters,3 sybaris,3 tysis,5 vipers,2 kunai (back to back. go figure), and a few handfuls im forgetting...its suprising how often you get rivens for things you dont want/already ahve,lol now to pray for a burston one day (or a "top tier" so i can trade down for a burston)

11 hours ago, Gravitus123 said:

Rivens as a whole need an overhaul.The system has broken levels of Rng at every corner and we cant do anything about it besides throw more Kuva at it in hopes of getting lucky

I wouldnt have any problems with the riven rng if the grind was bearable.

To cycle a riven 10 times you need to get 19950 kuva what is obtainable in 33 normal runs.

If the cost of cycling would start from 500 and would reach max cost at 1400, im sure we would have much less complaints about the system.

I also have gotten duplicates a bunch of times.  They are tradeable yes,  BUT finding somebody who wants to trade their rivens for yours takes a lot out of you.  Most people are only interested in buying/selling them, meaning Plat is involved. Some of us simply want 1:1 riven trade without a middle man involved (the middle man being platinum here).

And good luck trading & selling rivens of starter/weak unpopular weapons. I had a Seer and Lato riven. By sheer astronomical dumb luck and stubborn endurance, I managed to find people who actually WANTED these and gave me other rivens in return that were (obviously) better. Sure, these people exist but looking for them is like searching for a needle in a haystack.

And another issue is some people want to trade unrolled rivens while others will trade only those that have been rolled already with excellent stats. This makes it difficult finding the right person at the right time staring at trade chat or in your clan chat. If sites like warframe.market had a WTT section, this would be VERY helpful.

Yes, I'm aware this very Warframe forum has a trading subforum, and Steam Discussion has one too but the amount of people who visit these is waaaay lower than warframe.market. I've used them a couple of times and it was no surprise that nobody ever replied.

Funny thing is, I am not even looking for specific rivens. The only thing I'm picky about is that it's not a starter-tier / very weak weapon Riven. That covers like <10 weapons. Having a limit of 60 Riven slots max, I can't afford to waste them on duplicates. Even more so now that I hear we might be getting Melee rivens.

On 6/18/2017 at 1:20 PM, Fallen_Echo said:

I wouldnt have any problems with the riven rng if the grind was bearable.

To cycle a riven 10 times you need to get 19950 kuva what is obtainable in 33 normal runs.

If the cost of cycling would start from 500 and would reach max cost at 1400, im sure we would have much less complaints about the system.

Even if the grind was bearable the fact that you can put in a possible infinite amount of kuva and get nothing should not be allowed to happen

19 minutes ago, Gravitus123 said:

Even if the grind was bearable the fact that you can put in a possible infinite amount of kuva and get nothing should not be allowed to happen

Yes thats true, but we cant do anything about that. Even locking in stats sounds good till you realise that all stats go around with small variables.

You can roll +100% damage and still have the chance to roll the next one into +120% damage or more.

We first need reliable and bearable ways to get kuva.

Then we could add in some more advaced ways to create our preferred riven.

For example we could make a kuva forge where under the instructions of Samodeus we can attemp to make the perfect riven. Where we could:

-Roll just one stat line for less kuva

- increase a choosen stat but worsen the negatives

-forge together rivens (atleast 2) to get a new veiled one

-smelt in rivens with atleast 5 rolls to get back 50% kuva

- triple the kuva cost on a choosen riven but force change it to a preferred weapon

i personally like the idea of having multiple rivens for a weapon. means i can sell the extras if i get good rolls or have one that is serious, one that is silly. Like if i got a flight speed miter riven i could run around with that in lower level missions watching it fly around like a maniac then pull out the better one i have for higher level missions. 

Or i could get 2 sybaris rivens, one status based one, one crit based one, and swap between the two if i want. Or 2 ignis rivens and do the same thing.

The Current Riven RNG Formula is:

RNG + RNG + (RNG) x RNG to the power of RNG

(Sortie Reward) + (Riven Type) + ((MR/Challenge)) x (Specific Weapon) to the power of (Stat types (and their numbers))

The third (RNG) in the equation, "MR/Challenge" is an optional step that may or my not be a hindrance to some people.

Getting the same weapon type again and again means that you're literally going through three different stages of RNG though. That's some terrible luck right there, but could also be terribly good luck, depending. Like, getting nothing but Supra Rivens, and then Supra Vandal releasing later, making you a top Trader in the Trade Chat for Supra Rivens supplies.