Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can Warframe Beat What Destiny Has?

Shiru-Mirozaki

As someone who has never played Destiny, what are objetively its improvements over the first, watching gameplay it looks the same, people jump, shoot and throw grenades. I understand it had solid mechanics and tight controls, does it have QOL changes, improvement of its lore, more planets, a better business model?. Either way I don´t have the money to buy the game nor to improve my computer, not that it interest me, but I´m curious.

lol you cant compare a f2p game with a fully funded AAA big corp funded title 

if you did compare in ratio to the $ invested destiny series is a miserable failure, as are all of microsofts recent subpar antiquated products

To me Destiny looks like someone took Warframe and poured molasses all over it. Seriously, I've tried to watch gameplay from Destiny, but it just seems too much like a slow motion copy. Also, watching analog controller aim-assist really grates on my nerves because of my admittedly irrational distaste for console shooters.

2 minutes ago, Shiru-Mirozaki said:

"I just really want Warframe to beat Destiny 2 in every way possible, that's all.....

Why? It doesn't really matter. Odds are Destiny 2 will do some things better than Warframe, and Warframe will do some things better than Destiny 2.

I've never understood the need for X to beat Y. Same with PS4 and XBOX fans constantly bashing each other, it's all so childish and pointless.

1 minute ago, DxAdder said:

It is what I expect from a AAA studio, a game that will be better than warframe in every aspect.

I can always come back to Warframe its free.

Better how? I'm genuinely curious to hear your opinion on this, because even with it being a f2p title, I see Warframe as objectively superior in every way.

Well, Warframe is on PC, so it has that over Destiny.  I watched Angry Joe's review of destiny 1 and omfg, sounded like it was a real joke of a grind fest....

Destiny does have alot more weapons, Destiny 1 I think had alot better looking weapons then what ive seen of D2.  Warframe could stand to add a ton new, cool looking weapons, that arnet all Mastery Fodder.. 

Edited by KnightCole

2 minutes ago, sh00chu said:

Better how? I'm genuinely curious to hear your opinion on this, because even with it being a f2p title, I see Warframe as objectively superior in every way.

Lets see:

The graphics and special effects better  (did you see the fire effects ?), water going across the visor,

The enemies had regular troops, Elites (yellow), and a Boss

And the real important issue it wasn't a total cake walk solo. Any Warframe mission I would have burned them all down and never even worried about going down.

22 minutes ago, Pavelord said:

As someone who has never played Destiny, what are objetively its improvements over the first, watching gameplay it looks the same, people jump, shoot and throw grenades. I understand it had solid mechanics and tight controls, does it have QOL changes, improvement of its lore, more planets, a better business model?. Either way I don´t have the money to buy the game nor to improve my computer, not that it interest me, but I´m curious.

The whole Destiny 2 invalidated better business model though. It's basically expansion being sold as sequel. You got new map, new classes, new weapons, but pretty much everything else are carried from Destiny 1. They didn't even let you carry your characters level, probably so they can sell the instant max level item again. Willing to bet further down the line, you will get DLC containing maps, raid, or weapons from Destiny 1, but you have to pay for them again.

1 minute ago, DxAdder said:

Any Warframe mission I would have burned them all down and never even worried about going down.

You didn't do this when you were new to the game, though.

Comparing your current experience in a game you've been playing for months/years to a game that's just coming out isn't exactly... apples to apples.

The same concept applies to this topic. Who cares what game does what better? One is free and the other isn't. The free aspect, alone, will cause Warframe to stay relevant for a good while.

Everquest 2 in Space...er, I mean Destiny 2 can't ever compete when it comes to the niche loyalty that Warframe (and DE) has properly cultivated.

Destiny largely failed both in terms of profit projections and gameplay expectations.

Destiny 2 will push larger quantities of tepid gameplay with mild improvements to mechanics and mask it with a massive AAA ad campaign and minimal sfx graphic improvements that ultimately lack individuality and style.

Meanwhile, DE will do what they always do and blow the doors off at Tennocon.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

30 minutes ago, HAYABU5A said:

lol you cant compare a f2p game with a fully funded AAA big corp funded title 

if you did compare in ratio to the $ invested destiny series is a miserable failure, as are all of microsofts recent subpar antiquated products

Such good points here. If you really look at how much was spent on Destiny, it was a total disaster. I mean, Warframe had way less funding and they are still going strong. 

Destiny failed so hard they had to completely rebrand with Destiny 2. The only thing they really have over Warframe even with their budget is "pseudo" open world, but not really. 

If Warframe even had a couple big maps where you could just run around and kill stuff, maybe do alerts within the tile without leaving it, etc. If warframe just had a couple maps like that where dozens of Tenno per instance could be running around killing, Destiny 2 imo wouldn't even stand a chance. On top of that warframe is free, so people can always come back for nothing. 

3 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Such good points here. If you really look at how much was spent on Destiny, it was a total disaster. I mean, Warframe had way less funding and they are still going strong. 

Destiny failed so hard they had to completely rebrand with Destiny 2. The only thing they really have over Warframe even with their budget is "pseudo" open world, but not really. 

If Warframe even had a couple big maps where you could just run around and kill stuff, maybe do alerts within the tile without leaving it, etc. If warframe just had a couple maps like that where dozens of Tenno per instance could be running around killing, Destiny 2 imo wouldn't even stand a chance. On top of that warframe is free, so people can always come back for nothing. 

Where do get the idea it was a financial failure ? I haven't seen anything to support this.

In fact all I have seen is some impressive numbers 500 million in pre-orders, 20 million registered users .

Destiny was never meant to go on forever No AAA title does, 

You keep saying IF DE did this ore that the game would be better, the fact is they do very little to create real content for the game.

And you forget the biggest thing Destiny 2 to will be on PC, every one that can afford to play this will.

For the people looking forward to this (on console or PC)  I hope this game is enjoyable for you.  Personally, it kind of doesn't matter for me how it turns out.  I don't have a current console, and I refuse to use the Blizzard laucher or BattleTag system.  Honestly though, I don't see how Destiny means the "doom" of Warframe in any way.  It's a different setting, different feel, and different gameplay style.  Anyone who is interested in both is more than able to play both though.  It's not like owning one deletes the other from your system.

Just now, DxAdder said:

Where do get the idea it was a financial failure ? I haven't seen anything to support this.

In fact all I have seen is some impressive numbers 500 million in pre-orders, 20 million registered users .

Destiny was never meant to go on forever No AAA title does, 

You keep saying IF DE did this ore that the game would be better, the fact is they do very little to create real content for the game.

And you forget the biggest thing Destiny 2 to will be on PC, every one that can afford to play this will.

LOL. It's a financial failure from the fact that it had a huge amount of money spent on it, and yet lost popularity far faster than it ever should have. I am amazed you are trying to turn the fact the plug was pulled so quickly into a positive. 

Warframe has impressive sounding numbers too, but registered users mean little. Warframe talked about 26 million registered losers, how many of those people are actually playing regularly? How many are buying DLC's and creating real profit? Not many. 

Many games especially that are open world actually do go on almost forever, and a good company wants them too, because full reboots are actually more expensive, and generally mean the game isn't healthy. WoW for example only upgrades, but has stuck around basically forever, because they are a healthy game with a healthy fanbase.

Also, you ask me to support things with numbers, but you act like it is fact that anyone who can afford Destiny 2 and plays games will buy it. You have absolutely zero evidence whatsoever to back up such a grand claim. Lots of people could afford it, but will choose other games. Lots of people will try it and quickly get bored and move on to something else, that's how gaming works these days. 

The reason Destiny failed was because it was mismanaged from the beginning, and starting over with shiny new stuff isn't going to change the myriad problems with the game, or the fact that the companies managing it are really good at losing the loyalty of their players, with really anti-player and money hungry moves. 

Destiny 2 is one of those games a lot of people will buy because of a big advertising push, but that doesn't mean lots of people will keep playing regularly, or that "everyone who can will buy" (LOL), or that most will actually enjoy it that much. 

Lots of big budget games get a lot of people to try it out, player retention is another thing entirely, and that is Destiny's greatest weakness, retaining players. 

6 minutes ago, DxAdder said:

I could afford it, but I'll never play it.  I don't like the Blizzard launcher or BattleTag system.  At all.  I like the Windows 10 Store even less.  And even if neither of those was an issue, I think the setting for Destiny is pretty generic looking and meh.