Temporary sub-forum for Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii ×

Riven Reward for "Chains of Harrow"

Hello Tenno,

As the release of Harrow, our 33rd Warframe, fast approaches we have some more news for you regarding his quest. Many of you will remember that Update 20: Octavia’s Anthem included a veiled Riven Mod reward for players that decided to purchase Octavia and still complete her quest. Similarly, players who purchase Harrow will receive a new veiled Riven Mod to round out their arsenals upon completion of his quest.

“Chains of Harrow” will take Warframe’s narrative in a bold, dark, new direction: this quest stands in stark contrast to the themes presented by “Octavia’s Anthem.” We hope to continue to provide an incentive for players who purchase Harrow to play through his quest through the inclusion of a bonus Veiled Riven Mod. This quest and the Mod are a cut above!

Thanks Tenno!

[DE]Aidan

P.S. As for when you can expect "Chains of Harrow", we're working on it for the rest of the week, stay tuned for a status thread! EDIT:

Edit: Now that the amazing "Chains of Harrow" hub site is up, I figure it is time to actually speak to my coy gif-posting. https://www.warframe.com/chains-of-harrow You will receive a random veiled melee Riven Mod upon quest completion if you purchased Harrow.

8 minutes ago, [DE]Aidan said:

P.S. As for when you can expect "Chains of Harrow", we're working on it for the rest of the week, stay tuned for a status thread! 

Sorry I'm a little confused by the context. I know there will be a status thread soon, so that may shed more light, but does this mean you guys are shooting to get it out this week? Or is there no chance it will be out this week? 

10 minutes ago, [DE]Aidan said:

and the Mod are a cut above!

special riven or am i reading too much into this?

does it rng the rng with more rng?

Edited by Mepheri
3 minutes ago, Stoner74 said:

Should make said free riven available for all players finishing the quest... Not just people buying the frame.

The point is to give something special to those who paid money so that everyone will play the quest and the animators and writers work won't be wasted. Not to give more free stuff to people who don't support the game with their wallets. 

If they did that, they would have to add another reward for those who did pay. 

It's just a random riven, you get plenty of those from free from sorties already, it's not some pay to win advantage, nothing is stopping you from getting random rivens. Rivens are already free, this is just a nice incentive/bonus for people who support the game. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

You know that they're going to hold as much hype as possible for TennoCon in a few weeks. But as much as I agree that the devs need food on the table, holding out on that riven card for those who buy the warframe is a bit of a bad move. Maybe make the card a separate purchase for those who want it but don't want to pay for the full warframe?

Just now, (PS4)Blade_runner4379 said:

I think it's cool that you're trying to provide incentive for people that buy the frame to do the quest. But I think it seems slightly unfair to those players like myself who play through the quest to get the frame for any number of reasons

i mean, its just a riven mod, you get penty of them through sorties

1 minute ago, Mepheri said:

probably not a frame riven, unless they release frame rivens with him

A 'cut' above, perhaps they are finally releasing melee rivens, and it will be a random melee riven? 

I cannot believe the entitlement of people saying it is unfair they don't get an extra riven for free when they aren't paying any money. It's supposed to be an incentive for those who support the game financially, so the rest of you can play relatively free. You are not losing out on anything. It's not a particular mod or anything unique, it's a random of something you can get for free all the time. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

I expect the dual wielding pistol melee, melee riven, the new spear gun, and the towshun (or whatever its called i kinda forgot the name) kuva weapon skin is out from this update. Getting hyped here! 

4 minutes ago, Mepheri said:

i mean, its just a riven mod, you get penty of them through sorties

If you have rng on your side that is, its usual lens or endo for me (if i get a riven its most of the times useless).