Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is there a meta weapon?

(PSN)Omnivex

Like how everyone went Tonkor or Synoid Simulor decimating the entire map in seconds?

It's just a matter of preference, but I like the Zarr, and Vaykor Hek as my primary. Akstilleto Prime, Vaykor Marelok or Lex Prime as my secondary. Melee is entirely up in the air.

9 minutes ago, DxAdder said:

There are many Meta weapons but no one is going to discuss them.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

Vanilla Machete (without Cyclone Kraken).

You think those are meta? PLEASE!!! Everybody knows Fang Prime is the best!

Edited by AlphaPHENIX

mk1 starter weapons are all you need.

but seriously there is no definitive true meta weapon more like best in there category(shotguns, assault rifles, bows, throwing secondary, heavy melee, nikanas, etc).

DE made sure that there isn't a weapon that can be used in every situation.

One of the focus of the game is customization. Be it the weapon, warframe or cosmetic customization, they emphasize on choice. But there are tiers of weapons. We definitely have a set of weapons that are better than the rest. 

8 minutes ago, InDueTime-EN- said:

One of the focus of the game is customization. Be it the weapon, warframe or cosmetic customization, they emphasize on choice. But there are tiers of weapons. We definitely have a set of weapons that are better than the rest. 

atterax - can't wait for the "pls nerf atterax DE threats"

20 minutes ago, InDueTime-EN- said:

Making sure no weapon can be used in every situation could be a nice goal for the game but you know that's not true right now.

Some weapons can be used in every situation like tigris / hek, or pretty much any melee with a bit of crit rate.

(these are just examples... there are plenty more so please don't start with the "you forgot X weapon")

Edited by Trichouette

Whatever the hell you use to control your character. That's the true "meta weapon" here. So meta it makes the meta. So keyboard and mouse or a console controller. Hell, you could use a DDR panel and a rollerball for all I care. 

Edited by Lakais

Depends on the mission type.

For Syndicate missions, I use my Ignis Wraith to break open containers from across the room, making it easier to find the syndicate pickups.

For most Defense or Mobile Defense missions, I use bows or snipers, because the enemies are often charging at you in straight lines. Vulkar Wraith, Dread, Paris Prime, etc.

For an Exterminate, pretty much any gun will do, but I prefer assault rifles, launchers, or LMGs; pretty much anything that can dish out damage and has a big enough clip to clear rooms quickly, without reloading. Things like the Hema, Soma Prime, Supra (Vandal), Tonkor (it's still viable, no matter what anyone says; just don't point it at your feet like an idiot and you'll be fine :P ), Secura Penta, Zarr, Quanta Vandal, and so on.

For Spy missions, any good silent gun will do to take care of security cameras and the like. Bows, the Spira Prime, etc.

Hmm... No clear answer. Could this mean that we are experiencing weapon balance?

I think Rivens have changed the culture of meta weapons a lot. You can't just run to forum or Reddit to discover what the most powerful weapon you have is anymore. Personally, my dex furis Riven turned it into the most powerful secondary is. It's my own personal meta. My miter Riven turned it into a corpus shredding beast, and it's my go to for tough corpus sorties.

After the simulor and boltace nerf, I can't recall one weapon that I've seen more than the others unless it was new.

Edited by Hypernaut1

The MK-1 Braton synergy with rank 2 ammo drum is currently the most OP meta weapon in the game. Level 9999 mobs get rekt in 1 shot every day.

Just remember the mod has to be specifically rank 2 or else you are noob

Edited by Dragazer