The Second Stream Podcast #16 - TennoLive Speculation, Devstream 94, Sorties, and more! ft. M.C. I.K

[DE]Taylor

The Second Stream Podcast  

533 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I like the approximate idea of a randomized equipment challenge (I look forward to the one-off Conclave events where the equipment is the same for everyone because the Codex / Market / Simulacrum don't do a good job of showing me that a weapon I don't have is fun or cool), but I still want to have a fighting chance.  Here's how I could see the idea implemented:

• Start recording squad loadouts from existing successful Sortie missions, either with this modifier in effect or a different modifier.  Store them separately by Star Chart node, mission type, enemy level, and Solo versus other matchmaking options, and to ensure accurate data, discard squad loadouts if anyone left the squad during the mission (to ensure someone doesn't remove the reason the mission succeeded), a host migration happened (to avoid depending on this mechanic for mission success), or the mission didn't finish in a reasonable amount of time.  Maybe squad loadouts with end-of-mission player statistics that are very lopsided can be discarded to ensure each player's loadout is somewhat balanced (that is, someone brought a useless loadout and didn't contribute to the mission).
  • When a randomized equipment modifier is available, when the host begins a mission, select a random squad loadout that was recorded in the previous step to use for the mission.  As Tenno enter the mission, their player number (as displayed on their waypoint) determines the corresponding loadout they receive from the recorded squad's loadout.
  • For squad sizes of 2 or 3, since additional Tenno can join mid-mission; maybe the additional player numbers can be assigned loadouts used by Solo players.
  • Much like it is in Conclave when mandatory loadouts are set, I expect we'd have to forfeit Affinity gains for this mission.
  • I can see players wanting to be able to review their own and squad's assigned Warframe / equipment during the loading screen, or they'd have to either pause the game to look at the squad roster, or cycle weapons quickly to see what they are, which seems clumsy.

Copying a random successful squad loadout means that I can be confident that I can successfully complete the mission because a previous squad used that same loadout and succeeded.  I get to try out a build someone else created, which is great for discovering new Warframes and weapons I would want to acquire for myself.

• 1 month later...

2 & 3... I would love to see more than one Sortie available... Like..

Nightmare Sortie - Harder challenges and rewards geared toward a less RNG system. You earn a set amount of points for completion and those points can be saved up or spent right away at a vendor.  

Vendor would have some fashion frame items and ship decorations along with helpful things like endo and built forma and maybe even a legendary core for weapons (0 to 30 insta weapon level token) for a high price of course.

The Regular Sortie could still be RNG based and more focused on rewards like lenses and rivens and endo. But not fashion or deco as that would not appeal to everyone.

Modifier idea... Ability blank out modes.

Only have 1&2 or 2&3 or just 4 .. the entire mission.

Timed blank out abilities... After 3 mins. All or some abilities are blanked out.

Rotating blank out... Each persons abilities are randomly blanked out throughout the mission.

5. I would love to have a reason to go to old tile sets.. My idea below would get me there. (Please read whole Idea)

As a Veteran I have a insane amount of crafting material I will never use like control modules and such...

But I need a lot Endo.... I don't want to choose a forma Bp over a prime part that I could use for ducats or for a set and sometimes I would love a 30min affinity bonus and not 3 days.

I would like a rotating node system much like the nightmare node system in function.

Completion the node gives points to the player based on MR ... The the Higher MR the more points awarded. 

The Points earned are combined with a good amount resources like control modules to buy endo and Forma Bp  and  even 30min boosters (at a high price).

Thanks for reading...                             Y'all are doing a great job DE.. I love the game and everyone can tell y'all do too.

• 2 weeks later...

As far as rewards for sorties, diluting the reward tables even more would be awful. A token system would be awesome and would more than likely increase the number of people who play them. 

Concerning earth and the other lower level planets, I only really play them if their is kuva or an alert I need.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Well, adding new items for sorties rewards?  i would like to have a slightly not so broken rng or some affirmative action in getting reward. It is not funny when u get ayatan whole week even though riven is at the same tier.  

As for lava ground, it would be nice. Some how would boost the usage of titania perhaps? 

Didn't read others comments, just adding my own. 

Don't put rare resoures in Sorties. This is just going to water down the reward pool.

Do anything to make Sorties more challenging. Not keen on the floor is lava thing but, I would even take that to add some more challenge to it.

I like the idea of faction specific weapons for Sorties. Also like the randomizer idea. 

My idea for a new condition is to block one of your abilities at random with a different one blocked every 30 seconds or so. 

I going to think on this for a bit and might come back to edit/add more.