Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can Anthem beat what Warframe has?

tehflamex

Just now, Tricky5hift said:

Looks like a completely different game, why are you comparing the two?

tbh i was asked to post this thread lul, smh, but warframe does have to compete for attention and players among the tripple A games coming out such as destiny 2 and anthem, so why not :P

Just now, tehflamex said:

tbh i was asked to post this thread lul, smh, but warframe does have to compete for attention and players among the tripple A games coming out such as destiny 2 and anthem, so why not :P

So what?

People like different games.

Even if the playerbase suffers as a result of this new game releasing that doesn't mean this game is done for.

6 minutes ago, Helch0rn said:

oh god. that cringey scripted voicechat is horrible.

also: can we please stop with these "can X beat warframe?" threads? If I remember correctly, there is no law preventing you from playing both and enjoying both

heh, its just too chat my dude, sorry if i bring some unwanted topics to the fourms

Not going to lie, the Gameplay looks boring. Gunplay looks "okay", and the abilities look pretty standard. Then it does have some intense movement, but it only looks like it is from point A to B, not something you exploit in general combat. And an open world is great, but again it does not look like it is bringing anything new to the table there, making a game open world does not inherently make it better. 

Destiny, IMO, looks much more engaging. But there is another thread for that... 

9 minutes ago, tehflamex said:

im a puppet lol, the dude who wanted to post this is ... odd, anyway, he got himself banned from the fourms for.. " being extremely critical of DE" ( lul ) he's my clan leader so i thought id just do him a solid lol

If they managed to get themselves banned, perhaps it would be wise not to do what they ask, or at least think about it before actually acting on a request.

40 minutes ago, tehflamex said:

What do you guys think?

Well, WF has it beat in VO so far.

Honest opinion.  I think the two games could learn from each other.  Anthem has an amazing HUD and UI and really takes advantage of the robotic cybernetic aspect of their suits, something I really REALLY wish WF would do.

On the other hand, based solely on the preview of the game, it feels really slow and would not even compare to the mobility of WF nor the fast paced combat we have.

As others said, If I can, I would just play both, and probably wish one had aspects of the other game.  Same we all do with pretty much every new game we play.

Edited by Xekrin

33 minutes ago, Tricky5hift said:

Looks like a completely different game, why are you comparing the two?

Because that's what the dingdongs in these forums do? It should be kinda obvious given all the inane pointless topics we get here time and time again. Warframe is unique in what it is, both good and bad. Anthem looks like it'll be "Pay4Fun" and be loaded with microtransactions while still costing $60 and having an additional $60 season pass for DLC that adds pieces of the campaign and multplayer at $30 each, because EA knows you all will buy it anyway. Oh, and the final product won't look anything like that trailer because it's EA and all they care about is taking your money.

EDIT: And I can tell all that from the first half minute of that video, haven't even watched it yet.

Edited by 1tsyB1tsyN1nj4

Anthem is what happens when you get Destiny's overall gameplay, Section 8's (discontinued shooter series; was great nonetheless) advanced armour and hyper-mobility, and a Warframe's powers integrated into the previous. That's the impression I got from the only footage available.

While the trailer they showed worryingly reminded me of Destiny back in 2013 when they showed it then (running around, gameplay, killing a boss, encountering a public event; all premeditated or preprogrammed), it looks nice. I expect people to port assets out of it for Source Filmmaker integration.

Before I suddenly sidestep topics, my summary of Anthem is:
"Doomed to fall." - Harbinger, The Arrival, Mass Effect 2

On the latter topic, the only thing Captura needs now is:

Spoiler

-Access to EVERY enemy and ally in the game. That includes vehicles and vehicle props.

-The ability to 'freeze' enemy AI so they don't do anything, and/or change teams.
-The ability to load up any existing tileset (albeit devoid of enemies, and any emplaced defenses will not activate or react unless they open doors).
~The power to spawn your own Warframes, and defaulted Warframes, and any weapon as a Spectre.
-The essential ability to spawn any asset (enemy/ally, interactables, effects), position it (like Dojo/Orbiter), and pose it (manipulation of the very bones of an asset so you could have, say, Excalibur at a table playing Cards with Credits as the placeholder against Vor.